• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Online Rewards Debit Card

iM23

TF Select
What's the Edge reward rate for the Axis online rewards debit card? I can see the accelerated reward category list but what's the regular rate and is there any category restrictions?

Also, is there any way to make this card free (Though I don't know if debit cards are made available for free of cost in any condition)? The maintenance charge for the card is so high and it doesn't deserve that.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What's the Edge reward rate for the Axis online rewards debit card? I can see the accelerated reward category list but what's the regular rate and is there any category restrictions?

Also, is there any way to make this card free (Though I don't know if debit cards are made available for free of cost in any condition)? The maintenance charge for the card is so high and it doesn't deserve that.
Funny... I was searching aboiut this same thing today morning and just searched the forum to see your question posted today.. waiting for someone to answer as their info doesnt give what the 1x base reward is.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have this card. I used to get 1 edge point for every Rs.200 spent. I used to pay credit card bills via mobikwik using this debit card but the edge points have stopped since 4-5 months now.

Annual fee is Rs.500 plus gst.
oh, thats sad. so literally its the same . better upgrade to liberty a/c and take liberty DC, gives much better rewards.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

This card got devalued 1.5 year ago .
Don't expect anything from this .
Unless for Atm withdrawal ..close this card & just use Virtual dc of axis for free .

If u have cc any . U won't be using it fot shopping anyways

iM23

TF Select
Unless for Atm withdrawal ..close this card & just use Virtual dc of axis for free .

So I can close the card and axis won't charge any fee for the e-debit card? That's nice. I didn't know it.

Yeah I never use it. Rather I use the e-debit card to pay cc bills on Mobikwik to get 1% cashback. They used to give the cashback within 1.5 months before but sadly, since November I've not been getting cashback.

iM23

TF Select
I have this card. I used to get 1 edge point for every Rs.200 spent. I used to pay credit card bills via mobikwik using this debit card but the edge points have stopped since 4-5 months now.

Annual fee is Rs.500 plus gst.
They used to give 1% cashback for using e-debit card on Mobikwik. But for some reason transactions on Mobikwik are not giving cashback for last few months.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So I can close the card and axis won't charge any fee for the e-debit card? That's nice. I didn't know it.

Yeah I never use it. Rather I use the e-debit card to pay cc bills on Mobikwik to get 1% cashback. They used to give the cashback within 1.5 months before but sadly, since November I've not been getting cashback.
Yes u can request for closure of card . Via phone.
You won't be charged .
Write your e debit card numbers for verification somewhere for app login .

I used it for a year without dc in axis before closing the account

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
They used to give 1% cashback for using e-debit card on Mobikwik. But for some reason transactions on Mobikwik are not giving cashback for last few months.
Never used it but heard same thing.

If u looking for dc for cc bill.
Rbl signature+ 5900 fees but 5000k voucher
+ 1000 is capping per month

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes u can request for closure of card . Via phone.
You won't be charged .
Write your e debit card numbers for verification somewhere for app login .

I used it for a year without dc in axis before closing the account
I called custcare to cancel my debitcard and they asked me to go to brank to do it. weird. Is it true or do I call them again?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I called custcare to cancel my debitcard and they asked me to go to brank to do it. weird. Is it true or do I call them again?
Bruh .

Call & say block my dc ending with xxxx number & u don't want to place a request for new Debi card.

Don't use word cancel .. say u want to permanent block of dc as of now

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bruh .

Call & say block my dc ending with xxxx number & u don't want to place a request for new Debi card.

Don't use word cancel .. say u want to permanent block of dc as of now
But if we do this , won’t they automatically charge me the debit card renewal fee since I just blocked it and not cancelled it ?

And when the card expires , they may just send a new card and charge for it.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
But if we do this , won’t they automatically charge me the debit card renewal fee since I just blocked it and not cancelled it ?

Highly possible hence i didn't act on it

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Bro tell them to block your card permanently and not issue new card ..
As simple as that ..
I don't know what u don't understand

Reactions: BMR

Dinnong

TF Premier

You can block it from app also. I have blocked mine from app permanently.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bro tell them to block your card permanently and not issue new card ..
As simple as that ..
I don't know what u don't understand
Problem is if I block the card and not cancel it, in their systems the debit card is still active (just blocked) and at the anniversary, they may charge debit card renewal fee. Hence my concern.

In my opinion its better to cancel the card forever, even if it takes visiting the branch once and giving in writing.

Dinnong

TF Premier
I opened my account in January, 2023. Blocked the card around June not charged till now.
Problem is if I block the card and not cancel it, in their systems the debit card is still active (just blocked) and at the anniversary, they may charge debit card renewal fee. Hence my concern.

In my opinion its better to cancel the card forever, even if it takes visiting the branch once and giving in writing.

yb24

TF Premier
Bro I have blocked my physical debit card so does it will charge for virtual card?