• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
Post number 13 has been selected as best answer.

iM23

TF Select
Hello, I have an Axis Easy Access savings account. I opened the account online in February 2023 and Axis gave me the 'Online Rewards Mastercard Debit Card' and a virtual VISA debit card. Now, Axis charged Rs. 590 for issuing the debit card and just a few days ago they charged the annual fee of the same amount. But today I received a notification from the Axis mobile app for upgrading the physical debit card. I tapped on it and that took me to the page where I saw the options to either block or upgrade my current physical debit card. When I tapped on upgrade, 3 options were there. 1) Online Rewards Mastercard debit card (Rs 236 including GST), 2) Value Plus debit card (Rs. 885 including GST) and 3) Online Rewards VISA debit card (Rs. 0).

Now, what should I do? I would always prefer not to pay Rs. 590 every year for that garbage physical debit card. So, should I just select the 3rd option and pay nothing in the upcoming years? Why is Axis even offering me the same debit card of the VISA variant for free when they can charge me Rs. 590 every year? I am confused.

Here, I am attaching the images of the options that I got in the app, the screenshot where Axis mentioned the charges for physical Online rewards and virtual debit card for Easy Access Digital savings account and also the image of the document that came with the physical debit card mentioning its charges

Attachments

• 20240322_232018.jpg
    20240322_232018.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20240322_230631.jpg
    IMG_20240322_230631.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20240322_230639.jpg
    IMG_20240322_230639.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • msedge_QTCzx7bkRA.png
    msedge_QTCzx7bkRA.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
That's sad to know. I was in a similar position a few months ago, then only last week I blocked the old debit card and after a days applied for the ATM card. It's on the way.

Try contacting the customer care, RM or wait for a few months. Axis is weird as usual.

Edit: In net banking, click cards tab on the left hand side menu, under debit cards (credit cards, forex cards), you might see a link titled "apply now".

Last edited: