• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How I got the American Express Platinum Card. (US Version)

ravana

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

After I read the post here on how to apply for US cards from India, I was extremely curious.

I started with the process. followed the steps in the post.
Opened an Aeldra account and then waited for around 10 days.

After 10 days I followed the nova credit link in the post and applied for the Platinum card.
I got this screen
1649400706144.png

Immediately called Amex and gave them my Aeldra statement as proof of address. After 8 calls they finally approved the card in 3 days.

Sumanta bro has been extremely helpful in every step of my application.
He guided me through the whole process.

Extremely Grateful to be a part of such a kind and helpful community.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khaiz

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Congratulations 🎊🍾

Could you tell us about the highest reported credit limit in your CIBIL?

Also did you use any mail forwarding agency link SnapMailbox?

And how did you update your US address in Aeldra?

Thanks.

ravana

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Congratulations 🎊🍾

Could you tell us about the highest reported credit limit in your CIBIL?

Also did you use any mail forwarding agency link SnapMailbox?

And how did you update your US address in Aeldra?

Thanks.
Thank You!

Highest reported limit in CIBIL is 10,62,000.

I used a friend's address.

I opened Aeldra account with a US address directly.

Khaiz

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thank You!

Highest reported limit in CIBIL is 10,62,000.

I used a friend's address.

I opened Aeldra account with a US address directly.
My highest Reported limit is 2.5Lakh
Maybe I should try applying for a beginner’s or mid tier card rather risking rejection of Platinum Card.

Sinder Pal

TF Buzz
Hi Everyone,

After I read the post here on how to apply for US cards from India, I was extremely curious.

After 10 days I followed the nova credit link in the post and applied for the Platinum card.
I got this screen
1649400706144.png

Immediately called Amex and gave them my Aeldra statement as proof of address. After 8 calls they finally approved the card in 3 days.

Wow congratulations. Why did it take you 8 calls? Was there something specific they were asking for? Also I opened an Aeldra account, can an account statement with $0 balance be generated by them or we need to perform some kind of a transaction first ?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hi Everyone,

I got this screen
1649400706144.png

Congratulations Raam 🎉 🙏

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
hmmm wow, hmm it would foolish to ask if plantium charge cost in India with GST cost 70,800, is the fees in USD is the same and gold charge card doesn't get fees wavied what about that. just curious

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

I got this screen
1649400706144.png

Why did it take you 8 calls? Was there something specific they were asking for?

ravana

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Wow congratulations. Why did it take you 8 calls? Was there something specific they were asking for? Also I opened an Aeldra account, can an account statement with $0 balance be generated by them or we need to perform some kind of a transaction first ?
They were just being lazy. Apparently they tell you the decision instantly but now they have a huge backlog of applications. So they took really long to verify the document and approve the card. Interesting conversations with the agents though. Except one of them everyone so polite.

Sinder Pal

TF Buzz
They were just being lazy. Apparently they tell you the decision instantly but now they have a huge backlog of applications. So they took really long to verify the document and approve the card. Interesting conversations with the agents though. Except one of them everyone so polite.
If you don't mind sharing, what sort of a balance do we need to show in our Aeldra account statement to get the approval? Also, is it possible for us to generate a nil statement without having any transaction history ? Did they request you for any other document during the process or not? Also how do we send them the statement ? Any email or secure link ?

ravana

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If you don't mind sharing, what sort of a balance do we need to show in our Aeldra account statement to get the approval? Also, is it possible for us to generate a nil statement without having any transaction history ? Did they request you for any other document during the process or not? Also how do we send them the statement ? Any email or secure link ?
Yes it is possible to generate statement without any transactions.
I had 50$ in the Aeldra acc but in the statement, I sent there was 0 balance.
They give you a link to upload the document.
They did not request any additional documents.

Sinder Pal

TF Buzz
Yes it is possible to generate statement without any transactions.
I had 50$ in the Aeldra acc but in the statement, I sent there was 0 balance.
They give you a link to upload the document.
They did not request any additional documents.
Ahh. I am calling Aeldra again and again. They are saying that since you have no transaction history on the account as of now, it is not possible for us to generate a statement. Did this happen with you ?

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ahh. I am calling Aeldra again and again. They are saying that since you have no transaction history on the account as of now, it is not possible for us to generate a statement. Did this happen with you ?
There's an option to generate it yourself in the app an email it to yourself.

ravana

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I generated the statement directly from the home screen.