• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got a Capital one card, how do I ship it to India?

0xShailesh

TF Select
Hey Guys,

Today was a lucky day, and I got the Capital One Quicksilver card pre-approved without any income proof or address verification. I tried applying in the past, but was asked for more information through call which I ignored, but today I got an email stating I might be pre-approved. So after I applied, which took maybe like 5 minutes.

I got a limit of $300, which is kinda low, but still something is better than nothing.

I wanted to know 2 things, any any of you veterans might have a capital one card,

1. How can I get this card to India? I used a US address, and have no way to ship it to India using the same. The only way I think would be though a freight forwarder like MYUS.com, but that will be an overkill, haha.
2. I do not get OTP's for logging in, as I' using Skype phone number, any solution for this.

Thanks a lot.

A little Update 1 day after application -
I asked capital one to ship it to a different address, and they verified me using my Indian Passport. The card is about to be shipped to https://www.myus.com/ and I used https://www.numeroesim.com/ for a US phone, they charge a nominal fees, and the OTP was working.

An Update after 13 days after approval -

MyUS.com doesn't accept USPS mail, therefore I had to use PlanetExpress and notarise the USPS 1583, now they can accept usps on my behalf.

PRO TIP - Capital One asks for a US state issued or federal ID for verification if you do anything with you account. If you don't have these, you can wait for 1 day, and call their fraud protecting department ask them to speak to a supervisor and tell them you just have an Indian Passport. They will do the verification on call, and tell you it's one time exception. But this works.

An update after 2 months -

I finally got the card, and it's working on Amazon India. The card was activated successfully. Plus I could add to Apple wallet too.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 8.03.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 8.03.23 AM.png
    110 KB · Views: 284
  • Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 8.08.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 8.08.22 AM.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Solution
Congratulations
1. Capital one will not send you the card to your Indian address.
You have to manage something for getting the card shipped from us to India.
2. Get a number (us) from paid app like telos

0xShailesh

TF Select
Thanks for getting back dada, really appreciate it. Any freight forwarder that you would suggest or might have used in the past? Also, I purchased this Skype number, but was told any Google or Microsoft number might not complete TCPA Consent for Capital One to send an SMS. Are you using Telos? thanks :)

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There's this FB Group called "Bring me that from there (BMTFT)" where people who are travelling from all around the world keep requesting to get that, this etc..at nominal cost. However there are scamsters also but some are genuine. I never had personal experience but beware if you are going this route.

Since yours is an CC and if its deactivated by default than no risk . Just find the legit one . Sharing as one of the ways this can be done. Cannot vouch for the persons but the group is on good cause.

0xShailesh

TF Select
There's this FB Group called "Bring me that from there (BMTFT)" where people who are travelling from all around the world keep requesting to get that, this etc..at nominal cost. However there are scamsters also but some are genuine. I never had personal experience but beware if you are going this route.

Since yours is an CC and if its deactivated by default than no risk . Just find the legit one . Sharing as one of the ways this can be done. Cannot vouch for the persons but the group is on good cause.
thanks, that seems like a good way. But I didn't wanted to take a chance so I asked capital one to send it to Myus.com and they will ship the card to me for a cost. I have used them in the past for buying personal items, so there's some trust.

rajeshnitk

TF Buzz
Hey Guys,

Today was a lucky day, and I got the Capital One Quicksilver card pre-approved without any income proof or address verification. I tried applying in the past, but was asked for more information through call which I ignored, but today I got an email stating I might be pre-approved. So after I applied, which took maybe like 5 minutes.

I got a limit of $300, which is kinda low, but still something is better than nothing.

I wanted to know 2 things, any any of you veterans might have a capital one card,

1. How can I get this card to India? I used a US address, and have no way to ship it to India using the same. The only way I think would be though a freight forwarder like MYUS.com, but that will be an overkill, haha.
2. I do not get OTP's for logging in, as I' using Skype phone number, any solution for this.

Thanks a lot.
Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot.

I asked capital one to ship it to a different address, and they verified me using my Indian Passport. The card is about to be shipped to https://www.myus.com/ and I used https://www.numeroesim.com/ for a US phone, they charge a nominal fees, and the OTP was working.

MyUS.com doesn't accept USPS mail, therefore I had to use PlanetExpress and notarise the USPS 1583, now they can accept usps on my behalf.

PRO TIP - Capital One asks for a US state issued or federal ID for verification if you do anything with you account. If you don't have these, you can wait for 1 day, and call their fraud protecting department ask them to speak to a supervisor and tell them you just have an Indian Passport. They will do the verification on call, and tell you it's one time exception. But this works.

I finally got the card, and it's working on Amazon India. The card was activated successfully. Plus I could add to Apple wallet too.
Hello
Please share their fraud protection department contact number, I have my card approved but their customer care is not ready to activate it without US state issued or federal ID. I need to speak with superviser.

0xShailesh

TF Select
Please share their fraud protection department contact number, I have my card approved but their customer care is not ready to activate it without US state issued or federal ID. I need to speak with superviser.
Congratulations man, I had the small issue. I think this is the number "1-800-227-4825" but it's not available 24/7. You have to call them and ask them to verify your identity using your passport (this may take a few tries and you need the right customer rep to do it for you). They will send you a link through email like this. All you have to do it scan your passport on the call and they will verify you. In my case, it was to send a new card to a different address.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 12.46.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 12.46.40 PM.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 50

rajeshnitk

TF Buzz
Congratulations man, I had the small issue. I think this is the number "1-800-227-4825" but it's not available 24/7. You have to call them and ask them to verify your identity using your passport (this may take a few tries and you need the right customer rep to do it for you). They will send you a link through email like this. All you have to do it scan your passport on the call and they will verify you. In my case, it was to send a new card to a different address.
Thank you Shailesh, Already tried 3 times with them. First time they sent same email as you attached.. It could not work. So, they asked to try after 24 Hrs. I called again twice but got a different reps and both refused to accept passport. I will try again. Did they verify your passport manually or their system recognised it? My passport could not be recognised first time. And any special advice while scanning the passport? Did you call from India? Also, did you directly asked the rep to bring the superviser on the line or she/he herself/himself asked superviser to come online?

0xShailesh

TF Select
They just asked me to scan the passport using the link, after it was done. The supervisor asked me to wait for a minute or two after the scan and then it was accepted. And no, I did not directly ask to transfer to a supervisor, I explained my situation to the rep, trying to be very polite and greatful on the call, then everytime my call was Transferred to a supervisor. Who sent me a link to verify the passport.

All I did was made sure all 4 corners of the passport was visible during scan and in good lighting.

Some executives were confused that I did not have a US state issued ID, for which I explained I'm not a US citizen, and only have my Indian passport.

Yes I called from India, using skype app.

rajeshnitk

TF Buzz
They just asked me to scan the passport using the link, after it was done. The supervisor asked me to wait for a minute or two after the scan and then it was accepted. And no, I did not directly ask to transfer to a supervisor, I explained my situation to the rep, trying to be very polite and greatful on the call, then everytime my call was Transferred to a supervisor. Who sent me a link to verify the passport.

All I did was made sure all 4 corners of the passport was visible during scan and in good lighting.

Some executives were confused that I did not have a US state issued ID, for which I explained I'm not a US citizen, and only have my Indian passport.

Yes I called from India, using skype app.
Okay.. Thank you Shailesh. Let me try my luck.
My card is already delivered in USA to my friend. Thats not a worry. My only worry is activation. I have already signed into their app and website. Now account is restricted. Tried 3 times.. only once I was allowed for passport but due to some issue.. may night snap of passport.. it could not be recognised. Can you please share the image of passport you uploaded with your details blurred... just to ensure how to take picture.

Last edited:

RajMahadik

TF Premier
Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot.

ALERT ... If they agree to ship to india... Even with registered postal ( USPC - United States postal service) , once it ll reach to india, it ll come by ordinary post which do not have any tracking, so expect delayed shipping / Untraceable package...

Working with department of posts ( govt of india service) this applied to any package shipped by USPS...

rajeshnitk

TF Buzz
Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot.

Finally got my account activated using passport. Thanks to Shailesh.