• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Horrible experience with Kotak Indian Oil Card

raniphore

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kotak has one of the worst customer support. I got my card around 15th Feb and did a transaction of 320/- on my IOCL card on 16th Feb at the IOCL pump. The transaction took five days to show under settled transactions. After that, I checked the reward points section and found no reward points had been credited. I contacted customer care, and first, they told me that since it is a minimal transaction(what do they expect fuel transaction to be ???), it might be a miss from their end, and they will check with the internal team and come back. The bill was generated on 25th Feb, and still, no reward points are showing up. On again reaching to them, they have the same response that they are figuring out why it didn't get credited. I did not get the accelerated reward points nor the fuel surcharge of 1%.

I am thinking of closing the card now. This sort of customer support is horrible for end consumers.

shubham__0720

TF Select
Kotak has one of the worst customer support. I got my card around 15th Feb and did a transaction of 320/- on my IOCL card on 16th Feb at the IOCL pump. The transaction took five days to show under settled transactions. After that, I checked the reward points section and found no reward points had been credited. I contacted customer care, and first, they told me that since it is a minimal transaction(what do they expect fuel transaction to be ???), it might be a miss from their end, and they will check with the internal team and come back. The bill was generated on 25th Feb, and still, no reward points are showing up. On again reaching to them, they have the same response that they are figuring out why it didn't get credited. I did not get the accelerated reward points nor the fuel surcharge of 1%.

I am thinking of closing the card now. This sort of customer support is horrible for end consumers.
True Kotak customer support is just worst from all. i also hold a fd card for offers but thinking of closing it ..as their reward pointa system is not working right for me also and customer support is pathetic. Although i raised a complain on rbi ombudsman.

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Is your IOCL CC Rupay LTF ?

Biggest problem with Fuel cards is this. Not getting Reward points. I have been using SBI BPCL Rupay since july last year and till date i have not received single reward points automatically. Every time I have to mail them to get the reward points. But atleast in my case they are providing reward points after mail without delay.

raniphore

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Biggest problem with Fuel cards is this. Not getting Reward points. I have been using SBI BPCL Rupay since july last year and till date i have not received single reward points automatically. Every time I have to mail them to get the reward points. But atleast in my case they are providing reward points after mail without delay.
I have LTF Axis Indian Oil card and there the reward points are automatically credited as soon as the transaction gets settled and also fuel surcharge waiver is given.

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
did a transaction of 320/- on my IOCL
I did not get the accelerated reward points nor the fuel surcharge of 1%.
Not sure about this specific card of any fuel branded cards, but almost all other cards that come with a surcharge waiver usually have some restriction on the transaction value. For most cards it is between 500 and 4000. There are some with minimum of 400 and some have maximum of 5000. The only card I've noticed without a minimum value is the SC titanium, but it has an upper cap of 2000.
Anyway, do check the MITC of your card and see if there's anything mentioned about this transaction value range for the surcharge waiver or accelerated reward points.

raniphore

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This card should be LTF, please check cc application pdf sent by kotak in email and get in confirmed by calling customer care, this is not worth paying this much as annual fees
I saw the application form, the annual charge of 449 is mentioned there. Even when I applied through the website joining fee was showing as 0, but the annual fee was showing as 499. I continued anyway thinking that the waiver limit will be met easily.

raniphore

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not sure about this specific card of any fuel branded cards, but almost all other cards that come with a surcharge waiver usually have some restriction on the transaction value. For most cards it is between 500 and 4000. There are some with minimum of 400 and some have maximum of 5000. The only card I've noticed without a minimum value is the SC titanium, but it has an upper cap of 2000.
Anyway, do check the MITC of your card and see if there's anything mentioned about this transaction value range for the surcharge waiver or accelerated reward points.
Found the following from MITC - For IndianOil Kotak Credit Card all fuel transactions between ₹ 100 to ₹ 5,000 to get surcharge waiver only on Indian Oil fuel pumps & not on any other fuel pumps. Max waiver allowed is ₹ 100/-per statement cycle.

LordVoldemort

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Kotak support is good. The issue is the nuances you have to go through to actually get them, Try raising a query in the app. If you get hold of them, they regularly followup and update until the issue is closed. Much much better than others where we have to follow up.

Vishnu

TF Select
Do you transact on specific IOC outlet? Also Which bank's POS machine they use?
Even I do use this card. Actually there is no specific outlet criteria, I have used them both at company owned and privately owned pumps. The reward points get credited within a week and you can also see how the reward points were accumulated.