• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Horrible experience with Kotak Indian Oil Card

raniphore

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kotak has one of the worst customer support. I got my card around 15th Feb and did a transaction of 320/- on my IOCL card on 16th Feb at the IOCL pump. The transaction took five days to show under settled transactions. After that, I checked the reward points section and found no reward points had been credited. I contacted customer care, and first, they told me that since it is a minimal transaction(what do they expect fuel transaction to be ???), it might be a miss from their end, and they will check with the internal team and come back. The bill was generated on 25th Feb, and still, no reward points are showing up. On again reaching to them, they have the same response that they are figuring out why it didn't get credited. I did not get the accelerated reward points nor the fuel surcharge of 1%.

I am thinking of closing the card now. This sort of customer support is horrible for end consumers.

nodalofficer@kotak.com
Escalate seriously and mention of misleading the customers
I got a rely via call that fuel reward point will be credited on the billing date and any IOCL pump should get the reward point only thing is that the POS should be registered as Fuel Service Station. Now I need to wait till billing date to see if they really credit the rewards point. However, has anybody changed their billing date, the current date given by them is not much favourable for me, I asked them but they told, I should wait 6 months before changing billing date, this is strange because in IndusInd, HDFC, Axis, I was able to get the billing date changed as soon as the card was issued.

I got a rely via call that fuel reward point will be credited on the billing date and any IOCL pump should get the reward point only thing is that the POS should be registered as Fuel Service Station. Now I need to wait till billing date to see if they really credit the rewards point. However, has anybody changed their billing date, the current date given by them is not much favourable for me, I asked them but they told, I should wait 6 months before changing billing date, this is strange because in IndusInd, HDFC, Axis, I was able to get the billing date changed as soon as the card was issued.
Who called you? And did you ask for reward points for transactions made via UPI at iocl pumps?

RR kar rahe hai, UPI Txns ke fuel points and Surcharge Waiver dene ke liye🤣

Sine 14th September , they are asking me 04 days🤣
and that 04 days never ends.
Haha. Mere toh points double times credit hue hai jab complaint raise kiya tha. Nodal every 3 days update kar raha hai call karke. Infact nodal officer ke saat friendship ban gaya hai. Waisa hi myntra master card to Rupay without customer care convert karwaaya. 😂😂😂

Mujhe toh Aaj tak call nhi kiya🤣
Email pe continously 04 days ka RR.
Mujhe assurance Diya last week ki ab se reward points instantly credit honge. But pos transaction par credit hua but UPI transaction par nahi hua. Fir sataana baaki hai.
Recently sbi bpcl bhi rupay mein convert Kiya uska bhi kuch reward points nahi credit hue but sbi se zyada ummeed nahi hai mujhe response aane ki. 😂😂

I am using Kotak card for few months. At times there are some transactions of fuel where reward points are not credited, while not as official confirmation but via hit and trial I figured out that reward points are credited instantenously when IOCL people use specific machine. The one which has their app, basically i request them every time to put in my mobile number (this gives extra reward points as a part of IOCL loayality program) for which they at times bring a different POS machine.

For UPI at times I am getting points more then actual reward rate, even small transactions (less then 100) of UPI are fetching reward points

I am using Kotak card for few months. At times there are some transactions of fuel where reward points are not credited, while not as official confirmation but via hit and trial I figured out that reward points are credited instantenously when IOCL people use specific machine. The one which has their app, basically i request them every time to put in my mobile number (this gives extra reward points as a part of IOCL loayality program) for which they at times bring a different POS machine.

For UPI at times I am getting points more then actual reward rate, even small transactions (less then 100) of UPI are fetching reward points
Iocl card fetches rewards starting from 12.50₹

Yes, I think it was someone from priority response team. I had done two transactions of 387 and 2500 at IOCL dealership one using SBI POS other one using UPI and asked her if both were showing as fuel to which she agreed that yes both are showing fuel transactions and rewards points for fuel are to be credited on the bill generation date and not before that.

Yeah, that us IOCL machine it also generates a bill so I think that POS is provided by IOCL directly and dealerships pay rent to IOCL for that. But many times I have found that few dealerships won't keep that machine or give excuses. Generally COCO pumps will have that POS so people easily get reward points.

Yes.
Now I would not Do any UPI txns at IOCL Pumps.

I did a single Txn via UPI and Rs.11.8 was charged as Surcharge.

But they refunded only 1% and 24RP/150

Overall I got Zero Value Back on that txn

Say "No to UPi txns at IOCl.Pumps via KOTAK IOCL"
I was charged 11.80 even for POS transaction too. I found no difference .
Now I got to check credit of RP's when done via upi and POS