• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Horrible experience with Kotak Indian Oil Card

raniphore

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kotak has one of the worst customer support. I got my card around 15th Feb and did a transaction of 320/- on my IOCL card on 16th Feb at the IOCL pump. The transaction took five days to show under settled transactions. After that, I checked the reward points section and found no reward points had been credited. I contacted customer care, and first, they told me that since it is a minimal transaction(what do they expect fuel transaction to be ???), it might be a miss from their end, and they will check with the internal team and come back. The bill was generated on 25th Feb, and still, no reward points are showing up. On again reaching to them, they have the same response that they are figuring out why it didn't get credited. I did not get the accelerated reward points nor the fuel surcharge of 1%.

I am thinking of closing the card now. This sort of customer support is horrible for end consumers.

Great, so my nearby pump doing UPI doesn't charge any surcharge so if we get rewards for it too then it's good for small ticket fuelling in bike/scooter.
The only problem is first they should start giving the points. For me no points till now and also no response from customer care I reached via net banking. Will again write to nodal. In how many days Nodal responds?

Ek UPI FUEL Txn-41 RP, yeh toh credit ho gaye.

Ek 800 RP for 2% Category, iska koi response nhi aya, jabki mne same E-Mail m hi dono txns ka dispute kiya thha.

Fuel txn ke toh credit kar diye, aur 2% wali txns ko full ignore.
Mujhe toh 2% category mein kabhi dikkat nahi hui ab tak
Ab tak almost 6000 points credit hue in last 3 months in total.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Prestige
Mujhe toh 2% category mein kabhi dikkat nahi hui ab tak
Ab tak almost 6000 points credit hue in last 3 months in total.
Mne statement date change karwayi thhi.

Fresh statement ke saath 800 RP ka Threshold revise ho jata hai but in my case when fresh statement generated on my choosen date, this Threshold did not revised and Hence Zero Points credited.

Kotak system considered my txn in Previous Billing Cycle Threshold since my was statement was generated in between Previous Billing Cycle

Fresh statement ke saath 800 RP ka Threshold revise ho jata hai but in my case when fresh statement generated on my choosen date, this Threshold did not revised and Hence Zero Points credited.

Kotak system considered my txn in Previous Billing Cycle Threshold since my was statement was generated in between Previous Billing Cycle
Extraordinary problem ke liye extraordinary solution chahiye

I think Kotak's systems are very poor. I doubt in case of any fraud or larger value disputes, if they will be able to even help or not. For me there is no rewards point neither any response from them. Seems like they are just sitting on it since last 1 week.

I think Kotak's systems are very poor. I doubt in case of any fraud or larger value disputes, if they will be able to even help or not. For me there is no rewards point neither any response from them. Seems like they are just sitting on it since last 1 week.
So, after I raised complaint to Nodal officer, no one reached out, but for the UPI transactions Surcharge was not charged to me earlier, neither rewards points were given. Now they have added the surcharge (debited not credited). The situation is now surcharge is added, but my problem related to waiver and rewards point is still not addressed. Surcharge is getting added for fuel transactions done 2 weeks back. I think its time for me to close this KOTAK credit card and move back to Axis.

So, after I raised complaint to Nodal officer, no one reached out, but for the UPI transactions Surcharge was not charged to me earlier, neither rewards points were given. Now they have added the surcharge (debited not credited). The situation is now surcharge is added, but my problem related to waiver and rewards point is still not addressed. Surcharge is getting added for fuel transactions done 2 weeks back. I think its time for me to close this KOTAK credit card and move back to Axis.
Finally raised request to close credit card today. Been 15 days, still no response from Nodal about rewards point. In between got HDFC DCB under alumni offer LTF, but this Kotak guys are still working on the issue. Don't know what they are working on.

They've assigned a person to credit rewards points manually 😜 so .
But my major concern is with their systems and customer service. Every time you connect to CC they give a different reasoning. Some said, rewards get credited after bill generation, some said it gets credited as soon as the amount is settled. Similarly for charges, one told its free card, other told, only free for 1st year, on email they just sent me the Kotak web page that says both joining and annual fees. It seems they hire dumbs for CC jobs.

D₹V

TF Prestige
But my major concern is with their systems and customer service. Every time you connect to CC they give a different reasoning. Some said, rewards get credited after bill generation, some said it gets credited as soon as the amount is settled. Similarly for charges, one told its free card, other told, only free for 1st year, on email they just sent me the Kotak web page that says both joining and annual fees. It seems they hire dumbs for CC jobs.
Total Kotak team is vella 🤣

Even Nodal don't reply and once you make complaint in banking ombudsman, they'll follow up with like coffee ☕ with karan!!! 🤣

Total Kotak team is vella 🤣

Even Nodal don't reply and once you make complaint in banking ombudsman, they'll follow up with like coffee ☕ with karan!!! 🤣
Lol, I have a complaint in Ombudsman about a week old with respect to joining fees. However, not interested to pursue because the card isn't giving any rewards point. The issue is incase there is some edge case scenario of disputed transaction or EMI closing these CC cannot help anywhere. Better to avoid such bank, either they fix themselves or they perish.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Lol, I have a complaint in Ombudsman about a week old with respect to joining fees. However, not interested to pursue because the card isn't giving any rewards point. The issue is incase there is some edge case scenario of disputed transaction or EMI closing these CC cannot help anywhere. Better to avoid such bank, either they fix themselves or they perish.
True 😅 .

Eventually today for a call from retention team, they asked the problem and then just said it's not our department rewards points so cannot comment on that. As if I was expecting. And the retention team didn't have authority to make rupay cards LTF, so they can give visa or anything LTF but not rupay. Asked her to just close it. Redeemed the welcome points.