• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Horrible experience with Indusind bank so far

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I got an offer for Legend ltf in April, so applied for it. The whole applying process to getting the card was super smooth. But since then this card have become a headache for me. I got this card simply to use during bank specific offers. I knew Indusind offers were limited but what's the harm in ltf card.

Now coming to issues, due to some unforseeable expenses in the last 20 days, I had to use this card upto 25% of the limit. Since I have used the card for 2 big purchases, Indusind customer care is calling me every other day trying to offer some emi conversion. Not only that but daily I get 2-3 sms from Indusind about the same thing. Before this card, I have only used SBI card for some big purchases but never got this kind of call from them. Max they do is to send sms about flexipay a day or two after the purchase. I have told customer care to not to call as I don't wish to convert my purchases to emi. Everytime customer care executive says ok, I will update in system that you don't want to be contacted through call, but I still keep on getting calls.

Another issue I faced when trying to cancel an emi purchase. The order was returned and Amazon refunded the amount. I call customer care to cancel the emi plan. First the customer care told me that they can't do it on call, I will need to mail them. Which was not good when compared to other banks but fine. First time I tried to mail them, google tells me that Email address doesn't exist. Then after few tries mail goes through, only for me to get an email saying my email was caught in spam filter at Indusind. A day later I get message they have recieved the issue and will take care of it in 3 working days. It's been 5 and no reply from their side.

This bad customer service is not just online. I tried opening a zero balance account online with hopes of converting to select savings account by visiting the bank. I did the onlime part a month back, but didn't get the time to visit branch till yesterday. I talked to a guy in branch and told him I opened this account and wish to upgrade it to select. I told him specifically that I have not completed vkyc( this was bad on my part) and wish to do kyc too. I also told him I wish to deposit ₹50k so the select upgrade process go smoothly and asked specifically would it be a problem due to lack of kyc. He assures me it won't be. I can go ahead and deposit money. Now my bad luck is doing numbers these days as I spent close to 30 minutes to deposit money. After that I went to the earlier counter again and completed the kyc process. Then they tell me that since they don't have my sign in system due to no kyc, I would need to return in 2-3 days to apply for select upgrade. Another bummer, but fine,whatever. I came back only to get a call from bank branch that I would need to come back to branch and take my deposit back as they can't credit it to my account due to lack of kyc. Wtf. The guy from the counter made some excuses but ultimately I needed to visit branch again to take back the deposited amount.

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I got an offer for Legend ltf in April, so applied for it. The whole applying process to getting the card was super smooth. But since then this card have become a headache for me. I got this card simply to use during bank specific offers. I knew Indusind offers were limited but what's the harm in ltf card.

Now coming to issues, due to some unforseeable expenses in the last 20 days, I had to use this card upto 25% of the limit. Since I have used the card for 2 big purchases, Indusind customer care is calling me every other day trying to offer some emi conversion. Not only that but daily I get 2-3 sms from Indusind about the same thing. Before this card, I have only used SBI card for some big purchases but never got this kind of call from them. Max they do is to send sms about flexipay a day or two after the purchase. I have told customer care to not to call as I don't wish to convert my purchases to emi. Everytime customer care executive says ok, I will update in system that you don't want to be contacted through call, but I still keep on getting calls.

Another issue I faced when trying to cancel an emi purchase. The order was returned and Amazon refunded the amount. I call customer care to cancel the emi plan. First the customer care told me that they can't do it on call, I will need to mail them. Which was not good when compared to other banks but fine. First time I tried to mail them, google tells me that Email address doesn't exist. Then after few tries mail goes through, only for me to get an email saying my email was caught in spam filter at Indusind. A day later I get message they have recieved the issue and will take care of it in 3 working days. It's been 5 and no reply from their side.

This bad customer service is not just online. I tried opening a zero balance account online with hopes of converting to select savings account by visiting the bank. I did the onlime part a month back, but didn't get the time to visit branch till yesterday. I talked to a guy in branch and told him I opened this account and wish to upgrade it to select. I told him specifically that I have not completed vkyc( this was bad on my part) and wish to do kyc too. I also told him I wish to deposit ₹50k so the select upgrade process go smoothly and asked specifically would it be a problem due to lack of kyc. He assures me it won't be. I can go ahead and deposit money. Now my bad luck is doing numbers these days as I spent close to 30 minutes to deposit money. After that I went to the earlier counter again and completed the kyc process. Then they tell me that since they don't have my sign in system due to no kyc, I would need to return in 2-3 days to apply for select upgrade. Another bummer, but fine,whatever. I came back only to get a call from bank branch that I would need to come back to branch and take my deposit back as they can't credit it to my account due to lack of kyc. Wtf. The guy from the counter made some excuses but ultimately I needed to visit branch again to take back the deposited amount.
I feel you, but its just the start, its very very very difficult to deal with indusind's customer service. I hold a pioneer account and i still face troubles, my RM is from the Affulent team which is the best indusind got, but their backend staff is very inefficient. Starting from credit card to opening a savings account and now opening a current account was a task. It took more than 20 days to open a savings account.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I feel you, but its just the start, its very very very difficult to deal with indusind's customer service. I hold a pioneer account and i still face troubles, my RM is from the Affulent team which is the best indusind got, but their backend staff is very inefficient. Starting from credit card to opening a savings account and now opening a current account was a task. It took more than 20 days to open a savings account.
Compared to other banks, Indus just seems very annoying. I get somethings not working or taking time, but they unnecessarily waste time. I would have been fine if the staff at brach told me straight that first I need to complete kyc, then deposit and after that apply for select. Same with their online customer care, I told them to not call me for this offer, when I still got call I again requested to not call atleast during work hours, but somehow I still get calls. Even Axis has been relatively better.

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Compared to other banks, Indus just seems very annoying. I get somethings not working or taking time, but they unnecessarily waste time. I would have been fine if the staff at brach told me straight that first I need to complete kyc, then deposit and after that apply for select. Same with their online customer care, I told them to not call me for this offer, when I still got call I again requested to not call atleast during work hours, but somehow I still get calls. Even Axis has been relatively better.

True that. But no RM is interested in getting work done from backend, its just blame game.

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge

I've not experienced axis, i hold imperia account in HDFC and ended up opening pioneer savings and current in indusind, was planning for burgundy but RM told me they do downgrade for non maintenance

BeingPramod

TF Premier

One of the worst services by any Indian bank. Close to zero customer care service.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
First, Indus love Spamming.

I am getting EMI conversion SMS even when outstanding is zero from past 2 Months.

Now they offered me Personal Loan on Credit Card and daily changing the offer terms and Spamming

Earlier it is 50% off on Processing fee.

Yesterday It is 75% off on Processing and interest rate reduced by 1%.

I am waiting for the day when they Waive off the complete interest and Fees, so that I can Avail it.

Second, Branch Experience is different from Customert to Customer and for me Branch Experience is Quite Well.

Third interaction with Customer Care Excecutives over E-Mail also Quite well.

For Complaint/Query over E-Mail You can use following E-Mail ID:-
socialm@indusind.com

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge
First, Indus love Spamming.

I am getting EMI conversion SMS even when outstanding is zero from past 2 Months.

Now they offered me Personal Loan on Credit Card and daily changing the offer terms
Earlier it is 50% off on Processing fee.

Yesterday It is 75% off on Processing and interest rate reduced by 1%.

I am waiting for the day when they Waive off complete interest and Fees, so that I can Avail it.

Second, Branch Experienceis different from Customert to Customer and for me Branch Experience is Quite Well.

Third interaction with Customer Care Excecutives over E-Mail also Quite well.
For Complaint/Query over E-Mail You can use following E-Mail ID:-
socialm@indusind.com
Do you think they'll wave off interest for loan on credit card?

kirtivardhan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Indusind has seriously deteriorated over the years, continuous spamming, terrible cs despite the rm trying very hard

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
If that happens, I will disable my calls spam protection only for them 🤣
They are revising the offers terms on daily basis and Spamming my E-Mail and SMS with a new Combination daily.

Calls are blocked by Samsung so they increased the frequency of SMS/E-Mail.

Anyway Zero Interest Rate is not going to happen but it can be reduced to a lucrative one

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
They are revising the offers terms on daily basis and Spamming my E-Mail and SMS with a new Combination daily.

Calls are blocked by Samsung so they increased the frequency of SMS/E-Mail.

Anyway Zero Interest Rate is not going to happen but it can be reduced to a lucrative one
Already processing fees down to 75% 🤣 just like the rest of you'll