• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Horrible experience with Indusind bank so far

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I got an offer for Legend ltf in April, so applied for it. The whole applying process to getting the card was super smooth. But since then this card have become a headache for me. I got this card simply to use during bank specific offers. I knew Indusind offers were limited but what's the harm in ltf card.

Now coming to issues, due to some unforseeable expenses in the last 20 days, I had to use this card upto 25% of the limit. Since I have used the card for 2 big purchases, Indusind customer care is calling me every other day trying to offer some emi conversion. Not only that but daily I get 2-3 sms from Indusind about the same thing. Before this card, I have only used SBI card for some big purchases but never got this kind of call from them. Max they do is to send sms about flexipay a day or two after the purchase. I have told customer care to not to call as I don't wish to convert my purchases to emi. Everytime customer care executive says ok, I will update in system that you don't want to be contacted through call, but I still keep on getting calls.

Another issue I faced when trying to cancel an emi purchase. The order was returned and Amazon refunded the amount. I call customer care to cancel the emi plan. First the customer care told me that they can't do it on call, I will need to mail them. Which was not good when compared to other banks but fine. First time I tried to mail them, google tells me that Email address doesn't exist. Then after few tries mail goes through, only for me to get an email saying my email was caught in spam filter at Indusind. A day later I get message they have recieved the issue and will take care of it in 3 working days. It's been 5 and no reply from their side.

This bad customer service is not just online. I tried opening a zero balance account online with hopes of converting to select savings account by visiting the bank. I did the onlime part a month back, but didn't get the time to visit branch till yesterday. I talked to a guy in branch and told him I opened this account and wish to upgrade it to select. I told him specifically that I have not completed vkyc( this was bad on my part) and wish to do kyc too. I also told him I wish to deposit ₹50k so the select upgrade process go smoothly and asked specifically would it be a problem due to lack of kyc. He assures me it won't be. I can go ahead and deposit money. Now my bad luck is doing numbers these days as I spent close to 30 minutes to deposit money. After that I went to the earlier counter again and completed the kyc process. Then they tell me that since they don't have my sign in system due to no kyc, I would need to return in 2-3 days to apply for select upgrade. Another bummer, but fine,whatever. I came back only to get a call from bank branch that I would need to come back to branch and take my deposit back as they can't credit it to my account due to lack of kyc. Wtf. The guy from the counter made some excuses but ultimately I needed to visit branch again to take back the deposited amount.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Shoukd I go this route too for DCB? My institute is in the list but my current card with HDFC is Millenia with 94k limit. So don't think I would get upgrade to DCB anytime soon.
If you have an Amex/Axis with limit greater than 5L, use it to match limit on HDFC and upgrade it to DCB. Else, upgrade it via salary slip route. Net salary should be greater than 1.75L but there can be slight relaxations at times.

abhiver

TF Premier
They need 3 working day to complete a simple email ID update as per their customers care and that also if you register the request from them directly. If you sent email then on the automated revert, they say it will be dealt within a day, which never comes. They took more than a week in that case.

This bank is super lazy and give a feel of Government banking

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Got kit today. Tried to activate debit card but indus is just sending sms telling me that pin change request is initiated. They are not sending otp which is required to proceed.

There was a thread earlier where someone listed steps to link cc and select account. If anyone remember that, please link it.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Got kit today. Tried to activate debit card but indus is just sending sms telling me that pin change request is initiated. They are not sending otp which is required to proceed.

There was a thread earlier where someone listed steps to link cc and select account. If anyone remember that, please link it.
I am guessing you're referring to the debit card. It should be showing up in your app, so there's no need to link it and wait 48 hours for activation. The same thing happened to me when I received my card. I couldn't reset the PIN. Whenever I tried to reset or activate the card, it would show me invalid card details. I managed to activate my card yesterday.

"Sala panauti bank hai" 🤣😂😜

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer

There was a thread earlier where someone listed steps to link cc and select account. If anyone remember that,
Do you have Netbanking Access ?
If no then Create Netbanking pasword using same User ID through which you login the Mobile App.

Instructions are given on Netbanking login page

Do not create a Second user ID even by mistake by reading comments on other threads.

CC will get linked to Savings Account
Just keep patience.

Indus is a slow Bank.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Do you have Netbanking Access ?
If no then Create Netbanking pasword using same User ID through which you login the Mobile App.

Instructions are given on Netbanking login page

Do not create a Second user ID even by mistake by reading comments on other threads.

CC will get linked to Savings Account
Just keep patience.

Indus is a slow Bank.
I do have netbanking id for credit card. But it is only showing credit card, no savings account. There is no way to add account here. On mobile app it asks for atm pin which I can't generate.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I do have netbanking id for credit card. But it is only showing credit card, no savings account. There is no way to add account here. On mobile app it asks for atm pin which I can't generate.
To be honest, you need to be patient. In due time, everything will be linked. That's the best recommendation I can give you.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Netbanking has option to link Savings Account.
Go to Service request tab .
You will find it there.

Indus DC takes a few days (in my case it is 05 days from issunace date) to integrate with system .

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Netbanking has option to link Savings Account.
Go to Service request tab .
You will find it there.

Indus DC takes a few days (in my case it is 05 days from issunace date) to integrate with system .
I got the debit card working and requested world select debit card too. However when I go to services tab in netbanking, it shows error in picture one. When I click on "click here", it takes me to a screen where I need to input debit card details. When I do that it shows me under maintainence error.

Talked to customer care and they said to delink credit card from indusmobile app and then login with debit card and then add credit card. But I think this would create new customer id, so decided against that.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0249.jpeg
    IMG_0249.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0250.jpeg
    IMG_0250.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 8

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I got the debit card working and requested world select debit card too. However when I go to services tab in netbanking, it shows error in picture one. When I click on "click here", it takes me to a screen where I need to input debit card details. When I do that it shows me under maintainence error.

Talked to customer care and they said to delink credit card from indusmobile app and then login with debit card and then add credit card. But I think this would create new customer id, so decided against that.
Try in Mobile App too.

Do not create second User ID.

Keep Waiting Patiently .

In Mobile App your Savings Account and Credit Card are reflecting ?
If not Do logout login once

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

That's why I recommended you not to link anything, you just need to be patient with them. Don't delink or link anything for now and try the app.

saucy

TF Ace
I
Indus is also a good Bank.

I have a Very good experience with Indus

I am utilizing full Benifts of Indus Select without any issues.

Like Cash Pickup at door step.
Cheque Pickup at door step.
Cash Delivery at Door step.
Demand Draft at door step.

All above services without any charges .

Check the Mobile App for Welcome Kit status and Debit Card.

For me both was dispatched seperately via Bluedart.
Once it reaches in the hands of bluedart it is just 2 days game

You can track each service request in Mobile App.
Is indus exclusive a "worth striving for" upgrade over the select account?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
What's the mab requirement for such account in rbl?
If you are in metro City

10k- RBL Prime Edge Savings Account
Any Branch will open it without any issue.

2.5k-RBL Classic Savings Account
Branch will deny Existence of such Account
But Recently I opend it that too as a Second RBL Account with the Help of RBL's Twitter Support Team.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
ye sab padhke lagta hai HDFC hi rakh leta hu...Bahgwan ki daya se wahan abhi thik chal raha hai...
will opt for Indusind jab thoda adventure ka man hoga :p
for now ... Legend card wale SMS kafi hain...