• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Horrible experience with Indusind bank so far

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I got an offer for Legend ltf in April, so applied for it. The whole applying process to getting the card was super smooth. But since then this card have become a headache for me. I got this card simply to use during bank specific offers. I knew Indusind offers were limited but what's the harm in ltf card.

Now coming to issues, due to some unforseeable expenses in the last 20 days, I had to use this card upto 25% of the limit. Since I have used the card for 2 big purchases, Indusind customer care is calling me every other day trying to offer some emi conversion. Not only that but daily I get 2-3 sms from Indusind about the same thing. Before this card, I have only used SBI card for some big purchases but never got this kind of call from them. Max they do is to send sms about flexipay a day or two after the purchase. I have told customer care to not to call as I don't wish to convert my purchases to emi. Everytime customer care executive says ok, I will update in system that you don't want to be contacted through call, but I still keep on getting calls.

Another issue I faced when trying to cancel an emi purchase. The order was returned and Amazon refunded the amount. I call customer care to cancel the emi plan. First the customer care told me that they can't do it on call, I will need to mail them. Which was not good when compared to other banks but fine. First time I tried to mail them, google tells me that Email address doesn't exist. Then after few tries mail goes through, only for me to get an email saying my email was caught in spam filter at Indusind. A day later I get message they have recieved the issue and will take care of it in 3 working days. It's been 5 and no reply from their side.

This bad customer service is not just online. I tried opening a zero balance account online with hopes of converting to select savings account by visiting the bank. I did the onlime part a month back, but didn't get the time to visit branch till yesterday. I talked to a guy in branch and told him I opened this account and wish to upgrade it to select. I told him specifically that I have not completed vkyc( this was bad on my part) and wish to do kyc too. I also told him I wish to deposit ₹50k so the select upgrade process go smoothly and asked specifically would it be a problem due to lack of kyc. He assures me it won't be. I can go ahead and deposit money. Now my bad luck is doing numbers these days as I spent close to 30 minutes to deposit money. After that I went to the earlier counter again and completed the kyc process. Then they tell me that since they don't have my sign in system due to no kyc, I would need to return in 2-3 days to apply for select upgrade. Another bummer, but fine,whatever. I came back only to get a call from bank branch that I would need to come back to branch and take my deposit back as they can't credit it to my account due to lack of kyc. Wtf. The guy from the counter made some excuses but ultimately I needed to visit branch again to take back the deposited amount.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Update

So on the account opening front there is an update. I got email today that kyc is complete. So on my way back from office I went to branch and applied for the select upgrade. At 8PM I got first email about it. Then at 11pm I got next email stating the request is resolved on their end. But they have not told me what the resolution is.

What does this mean?

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0229.jpeg
    IMG_0229.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 23

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Update

So on the account opening front there is an update. I got email today that kyc is complete. So on my way back from office I went to branch and applied for the select upgrade. At 8PM I got first email about it. Then at 11pm I got next email stating the request is resolved on their end. But they have not told me what the resolution is.

What does this mean?
Forget it they are pathetic

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Update

What does this mean?
RM fucking leaves requests on seen. Even BM for that matter

Pankhuri

TF Ace
They are yet to decide. Internal team will decide that🤣
Nothing makes sense with this bank. If they haven't decided, then why send this email. The only redeeming quality seems to be the limit that I got without income docs. One LE and I would be over 5L, good enough to apply for much better cards c2c basis.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Update

What does this mean?
As per My understanding.
It is done.
Your Account is now upgraded

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I know Indus is a tortoise but they resolved it within few hours, this is not unusual but We have to digest it
Ohh. I have no idea. Most of my banking is with SBI and Union bank, they have their own faults but this Indusind behaviour seems pretty bizaare to me.

Also if what you say is true, when can I expect welcome kit?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Ohh. I have no idea. Most of my banking is with SBI and Union bank, they have their own faults but this Indusind behaviour seems pretty bizaare to me.
Indus is also a good Bank.

I have a Very good experience with Indus

I am utilizing full Benifts of Indus Select without any issues.

Like Cash Pickup at door step.
Cheque Pickup at door step.
Cash Delivery at Door step.
Demand Draft at door step.

All above services without any charges .

Also if what you say is true, when can I expect welcome kikit
Check the Mobile App for Welcome Kit status and Debit Card.

For me both was dispatched seperately via Bluedart.
Once it reaches in the hands of bluedart it is just 2 days game

You can track each service request in Mobile App.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Indus is also a good Bank.

I have a Very good experience with Indus

I am utilizing full Benifts of Indus Select without any issues.

Like Cash Pickup at door step.
Cheque Pickup at door step.
Cash Delivery at Door step.
Demand Draft at door step.

All above services without any charges .

Check the Mobile App for Welcome Kit status and Debit Card.

For me both was dispatched seperately via Bluedart.
Once it reaches in the hands of bluedart it is just 2 days game

You can track each service request in Mobile App.
Issue is that my mobile is linked to credit card customer ID. And if I try to link bank account it asks for debit card info. When opening online account, my payment for debit card failed and since my intention was to upgrade to select, I never tried for one again. In my mail I got messages earlier of a debit card but have recieved none and have no idea how to get details of it if it is virtual.

Btw another question, can I add my cousin to add-on account too or is it only restricted to immediate family members?

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Indusind customer support takes around 40 mins to connect on mobile. Their premium care and nodal officer teams are bunch of useless eggs who doesn't know anything and keep sending me the automated emails.

I'm facing an issue to apply for their card and I have been following for more than 6 months now to fox the issue but no luck and then escalated to head of cards, looks they are also useless. I have been asking for the acknowledgement on whether they received my emails and they don't give a <cuss word> about the customer and their experience.