• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hidden Gem For Travellers (bob World VISA Sapphire Debit Card)

Karvanna

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
bob World VISA Sapphire Debit Card (Best Debit Card For Travellers)

-
One Airport Transfer Per Quarter (4 Times/Year)
- Both Pickup And Drop From / To Airport (You Can Avail Either Drop Or Pickup)
- Domestic Lounge Access As Well
- Charges 750+ tax Per Year
- 750 Rs Life Style Coupon As Joining Benefit
- Service Distance should Be Around 40 Kms And Total 3 People Can Use This Service With the Card Holder
- You Should Book this Service Prior 72 Hours By Calling 0008004420011
- You Should Maintain 20k per Quarter To Hold this Card

https://www.bankofbaroda.in/personal-banking/accounts/saving-accounts/super-savings-personal-account ( You Can Convert Your Previous Account Variant To This Variant By Giving request In Branch).​

Very Important Note - You Can Only Apply this Card Through Branch Only And It Will Take Around 50 Days To Recieve this Card Through India Post

asyd

TF Select
Could i please bother you to tell me if sapphire and rupay select are still worth applying for and what are the main benefits that make it worth it? Thank you
For Visa Sapphire, you can look at the start of this post to see the benefits. It is essentially FYF for all since you get a lifestyle voucher of Rs. 750. And if you air travel at least once a year from a city where the Visa concierge has airport drop service, then you have the card fees covered for that year (they provide one for each quarter)

For Rupay Select, it is a wellness card. So, you can use it to avail AZ Prime for a year, complementary health checkup and Spa benefits, and much more, which more than covers the annual fees assuming Rupay/BoB renews those benefits (look up on the rupay golftripz website for detailed benefits)

So it entirely depends on what benefits you require.

Personally, I got all of them FYF on my 20k QAB account, and I am planning to keep them (except the Rupay platinum card, which I seem to have too many of them that I got from other banks!)

neel

TF Buzz
For Visa Sapphire, you can look at the start of this post to see the benefits. It is essentially FYF for all since you get a lifestyle voucher of Rs. 750. And if you air travel at least once a year from a city where the Visa concierge has airport drop service, then you have the card fees covered for that year (they provide one for each quarter)

For Rupay Select, it is a wellness card. So, you can use it to avail AZ Prime for a year, complementary health checkup and Spa benefits, and much more, which more than covers the annual fees assuming Rupay/BoB renews those benefits (look up on the rupay golftripz website for detailed benefits)

So it entirely depends on what benefits you require.

Personally, I got all of them FYF on my 20k QAB account, and I am planning to keep them (except the Rupay platinum card, which I seem to have too many of them that I got from other banks!)
Thanks for this

so my question is
Lets consider you got both rupay select and visa sapphire FYF and also got all the benefits of airport transfers, prime, spa etc,
Do you think when you pay 2nd year fee, all the rupay select offers will renew for you?

nikhilesh71

TF Select
Thanks for this

so my question is
Lets consider you got both rupay select and visa sapphire FYF and also got all the benefits of airport transfers, prime, spa etc,
Do you think when you pay 2nd year fee, all the rupay select offers will renew for you?
They were not previously renewed. But from year 2024, it looks like they have started renewing the offers

asyd

TF Select
Thanks for this

so my question is
That's what I said... I would pay only if the benefits are renewed. Otherwise, there is no point in paying for a card (debit/credit) just for the sake of owning a card with posh names like 'select' or 'sapphire'! :cool:

telescope

TF Ace
I deposited 2L and waited for a week to reach 10k QAB faster. Didn't upgraded to Super Savings.

Yes Super Savings Account provides FYF cards as mentioned in their MITC. No specific card is mentioned which possibly means it applies to every card.
After getting sapphire dc, is it necessary to continue maintaining 10k with advantage account? Can airport transfer be availed without maintaining 10k?

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Yes to first or second question?
Also can you confirm if I open super savings (20k) then are the cards (rupay select and sapphire) FYF or chargeable?

I have hobe through all the posts but confusion remains regarding FYF.
For getting Sapphire Debit Card is 10k QAB is mandatory but after getting it not necessary.
Sapphire debit card is not FYF

asyd

TF Select
Yes to first or second question?
Also can you confirm if I open super savings (20k) then are the cards (rupay select and sapphire) FYF or chargeable?

I have gone through all the posts but confusion remains regarding FYF.
All the debit cards including Sapphire is FYF with Super savings account. For other account types they are chargeable

asyd

TF Select
I am getting more confused now.
It is FYF for all debit cards from my personal experience of opening BoB Sup Savings account 3 months back
Updated thread for : Hidden Gem For Travellers (bob World VISA Sapphire Debit Card)
Originally posted by @Karvanna
Official Link: bob World Sapphire Debit Card

Unboxing images attached below.

Sapphire1.jpg Sapphire2.jpg Sapphire3.jpg Sapphire4.jpg Sapphire5.jpg Sapphire6.jpg

Unique Features:
  • Airport pick up/Drop
    • Up to 40km to / from the Source or Destination airport.
    • Useful where airport transfer cost heavy
    • Advance booking required for at least 24-72 hours.
    • Service offered by Visa Concierge
    • Contact for booking -
      Concierge Contact0008 00050 1198
      Concierge Email IDIndiaSignature@concierge-asia.visa.com
      WhatsApp(+91) 0008 00050 4254
    • Process for availing complimentary Airport Pick-Up and Drop Facility
      1. Customer will give requests for the service through Call, E-mail, WhatsApp or Web Chat => Service Provider verifies Card Number => Service Provider will verify Complete Details such as: Arrival Date, Arrival Time, Flight Number, Pick-up Address, Drop off Address, Number of people, Number of bags etc. => Service Provider activates best suited cab service for the request =>Service provider sends confirmation to the customer via e-mail and keeps the customer informed => Service Provider monitors the Pick-Up.
      2. Important Points for Pick up & Drop Facility
        1. Cancellation Policy – Cancellations have to be made 24 hours prior to the pick-up time. Any cancellation request within 24 hours will be considered as service.
        2. Amendment Policy - An amendment request can be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the travel date / time. Any amendment post that will incur a charge.
  • Complimentary domestic lounge access 2 per quarter
  • Visa Signature Benefits
Eligibility Criteria:
  • Available to all Bank of Baroda Customers including savings & current account.
  • You can hold multiple DC from BOB. Apply for Rupay Select DC from App and then apply for Sapphire DC from Branch to enjoy both benefits.
  • No need to change existing account variant. You can open new account online using referral code K2A6NC. Use this link to open 2k MAB account.
  • Joining and annual fees of Rs 750.
  • Lifestyle Voucher of 750Rs. for online & offline stores. No min. order.
  • 10k MAB criteria mentioned but its not mandatory.
    • Unverified info suggest 10k MAB will give joining fee waive off.
  • Apply through branch only and select 'VISA SIGN MALE/FEMALE' as card name & version as per your need. It doesnt show 'Sapphire' name in bank backend system.
  • Card starts showing in app in 2-3 days and delivered within 7 to 10 days by India Post!

UPDATE: 14/09/2023: Also received Rupay Select Debit Card today under wellness branding! It's beautiful too.

Rupay Select.jpg

UPDATE 04/10/2023 & REVIEW:
Eco Rent a Car is partner to provide cab service. I will rate 5/5 for the service. Driver is professional and present on time for pickup and drop. Eco car also provided updated info about driver and car via whatsapp and SMS. No hassle in getting service.

PIN TO REDEEM LIFESTYLE GIFT CARD:
- Email your account number and photo of gift card letter (received with debit card welcome kit) to debitcard@bankofbaroda.com & you will receive pin by SMS.
Here is another thread on BoB Visa sapphire which is more informative, and confirms about FYF for Sup Savings account.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
what is the validity of the lifestyle voucher received with the card?
And the OTT benefit of Prime Video restricted to Prime Video alone or its full-fledged Amazon Prime subscription?

asyd

TF Select
1. did u disable the auto-sweep in ur account?
2. so, opulence card is also fyf for super savings acc?
1. I didn't disable auto-sweep-in but keep around 30k in that account (so it doesn't activate I guess). But you can request the branch for it to be disabled after opening I think (check this or the other Sapphire threads in the forum)

2. Don't know about Opulence card but a quick google search revealed you need to maintain a QAB of 10L for eligibility alone! So I expect they might charge the issuance fee with Sup Savings account, but not entirely sure.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
1. I didn't disable auto-sweep-in but keep around 30k in that account (so it doesn't activate I guess). But you can request the branch for it to be disabled after opening I think (check this or the other Sapphire threads in the forum)
ok, my account is normal account since many years. now ill be upgrading it, will i still get that fyf for sapphire dc? (i never had any debit card with bob)