• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MasterCard World Debit Card or Visa Signature Debit Card?

Aditya12

TF Premier
As per the above PDF, the same is available with Visa Signature as well, right?
Or am I missing something here..
Buy one get one movie offer comes with limited availability many times (not official though). Since most of the people have Visa Signature, you might face availability issue too as compared to World MC.
I have IDFC Select World MC and never face availability issue and I always avail BOGO offer twice a month while other people having Visa Signature variant complaint of not getting the offer. I also regularly go for golf lessons and booking with world mc is really easy (no experience with visa signature though).
If this card is going to be your primary card for lounge access then visa has slightly better acceptability.

Quantum

TF Premier
Buy one get one movie offer comes with limited availability many times (not official though). Since most of the people have Visa Signature, you might face availability issue too as compared to World MC.
I have IDFC Select World MC and never face availability issue and I always avail BOGO offer twice a month while other people having Visa Signature variant complaint of not getting the offer. I also regularly go for golf lessons and booking with world mc is really easy (no experience with visa signature though).
If this card is going to be your primary card for lounge access then visa has slightly better acceptability.
Thanks for explaining this in detail, appreciate it.
I already have a MC World DC as part of Axis Burgundy acc.
And Visa Infinite DC as part of IDFC Wealth acc.
So, that's why I was thinking which one to go for now. World or Visa Signature DC.

Also, as you mentioned that your IDFC Select debit card is MC World, IDFC website shows Visa Infinite DC for Select acc too.

Aditya12

TF Premier
Also, as you mentioned that your IDFC Select debit card is MC World, IDFC website shows Visa Infinite DC for Select acc too.
Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about IDFC Select CC (World MC) where people having the Visa Signature variant have trouble availing BOGO offer.
By the way why are you confused between world mc and visa sign? Acceptability in both is not an issue at all and if you already hold good DCs and CCs, it should not matter which one you're getting as a new DC.