• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC not reporting credit limit to CIBIL

CC_Fetish

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is it just me or are others noticing that banks are not reporting the credit card balances to CIBIL every month. I think they are doing it bi-monthly now. Most of my credit card accounts show reported month of Jan.
P.S. I have cibil membership. So i keep checking my report bi-weekly.

Solution
No, actually. High credit is the highest amount of credit limit has been used. The primary measurement factor, which is the credit limit provided by the bank, will not be present.
It'll help on one thing only, when banks will pull out credit report, they'll be able to estimate your credit limit provided to your card

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Is it just me or are others noticing that banks are not reporting the credit card balances to CIBIL every month. I think they are doing it bi-monthly now. Most of my credit card accounts show reported month of Jan.
P.S. I have cibil membership. So i keep checking my report bi-weekly.
This has been practiced for a pretty long time. SBI is pioneer in it, sometimes they just refuse to report. The forever lunch time continues.... :)

prc1990

TF Ace
Hello Experts,

I heard from multiple sources that HDFC Bank doesn't report their customers' credit limit to the credit bureaus (per their internal policy) resulting in reporting high credit utilisation in CIBIL/CRIF/EXPERIAN/EQUIFAX etc.

I'm yet to own a card from HDFC and unable to verify this fact personally.

Can long time HDFC Card holders please explain and share some insights on this for me to understand how much true this is and what are the best practices you are already following to overcome this unpleasant situation caused by HDFC?

mukundstud

TF Premier
A disadvantage to this practice of HDFC for its customers can be that when banks like IDFC try to check credit limit of customer through his/her credit report, they will be unavailable to offer him/her suitable card without the income proof. My mother was offered an IDFC card without any income proof probably because the credit limit of her Amazon Pay ICICI card was reflecting in her CIBIL report.

prc1990

TF Ace
A disadvantage to this practice of HDFC for its customers can be that when banks like IDFC try to check credit limit of customer through his/her credit report, they will be unavailable to offer him/her suitable card without the income proof. My mother was offered an IDFC card without any income proof probably because the credit limit of her Amazon Pay ICICI card was reflecting in her CIBIL report.
So this is true right? I meant HDFC doesn't report credit limits to the credit bureaus right?

Akashgod

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I would say not reporting credit limit is just to tell ppl to continue to spend more. As 30% is not considered. Further based on ur cibil score and mix of other loans, showing credit limit definitely helps in boosting it. It depends on 1 to 1 basis on overall outstanding of debt.

Hello Experts,

I heard from multiple sources that HDFC Bank doesn't report their customers' credit limit to the credit bureaus (per their internal policy) resulting in reporting high credit utilisation in CIBIL/CRIF/EXPERIAN/EQUIFAX etc.

I'm yet to own a card from HDFC and unable to verify this fact personally.

Can long time HDFC Card holders please explain and share some insights on this for me to understand how much true this is and what are the best practices you are already following to overcome this unpleasant situation caused by HDFC?
They report it to cibil

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Would you mind sharing a snapshot by masking sensitive info?
Guys,
I had a tough fight with them for the same concern exactly.
Yes they have given me in writing that they don't report the Credit Limit to any Credit Bureau, instead the maximum utilized limit is being reported.
I had even taken this matter to their highest escalation point stating the issue for C2C basis applications as well as the issue of Higher Credit Utilization ratio.

But they are very strict & stringent in this matter, I really don't know why but yes they are like this.

prc1990

TF Ace
Guys,
I had a tough fight with them for the same concern exactly.
Yes they have given me in writing that they don't report the Credit Limit to any Credit Bureau, instead the maximum utilized limit is being reported.
I had even taken this matter to their highest escalation point stating the issue for C2C basis applications as well as the issue of Higher Credit Utilization ratio.

But they are very strict & stringent in this matter, I really don't know why but yes they are like this.
Yes 90% people reported they don't see their card limit in credit bureau reports whereas 10% people confirmed they can see. I'm bit confused here 🥲.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes 90% people reported they don't see their card limit in credit bureau reports whereas 10% people confirmed they can see. I'm bit confused here 🥲.
Could be one point that if you don't upgrade your card you will be able see.
For reference when I was using Regalia it was visible but after upgrading to DCB it is coming as "--" in the Credit Limit.
Not sure if the theory is correct.

prc1990

TF Ace
Could be one point that if you don't upgrade your card you will be able see.
For reference when I was using Regalia it was visible but after upgrading to DCB it is coming as "--" in the Credit Limit.
Not sure if the theory is correct.
Ok if we keep aside all these things and try to focus more on the impact on the score, then how do you see that? Is that contributing >30% utilisation even if it is less than so?

mukundstud

TF Premier
Maybe they don't want people to only utilise 30% of limit but to give freedom for using upto 100%, I think. Hence they don't report the utilisation ratio.
I agree with you. Not reporting your credit limit can be an advantageous to people who rely on one Credit Card and typically max out its limit. I think that there are more advantages than disadvantages for not reporting your credit limit. On applying for a CC on C2C basis, banks typically ask for present CC statement which anyway contains your Credit Limit.