• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Finding it difficult to build credit score

Sriim

TF Premier
Hi community,
I've been using credit cards since 2021. I had 2 credit cards till August 2023. Then I found this community and now I have 10 credit cards (have use cases for almost all of them). I've also been trying to get a credit card for my spouse as well. But I've been unsuccessful so far. Her cibil score is NA (no previous credit exposure). I applied for credit cards online and got rejected multiple times. So I got her a simpl account (credit line like Amazon paylater) and I went to IOB (her salary A/C) and got a credit card around Jan 1. 3 statements generated and amount paid fully. But still her cibil score is NA. I've also got her an addon for my HDFC, Axis and BOB cards last month. Will apply for Amex addon next.

Any idea how long it takes for CIBIL score to show up?

SonyTom

TF Premier
Hi community,
I've been using credit cards since 2021. I had 2 credit cards till August 2023. Then I found this community and now I have 10 credit cards (have use cases for almost all of them). I've also been trying to get a credit card for my spouse as well. But I've been unsuccessful so far. Her cibil score is NA (no previous credit exposure). I applied for credit cards online and got rejected multiple times. So I got her a simpl account (credit line like Amazon paylater) and I went to IOB (her salary A/C) and got a credit card around Jan 1. 3 statements generated and amount paid fully. But still her cibil score is NA. I've also got her an addon for my HDFC, Axis and BOB cards last month. Will apply for Amex addon next.

Any idea how long it takes for CIBIL score to show up?
First of all, Add-on cards will not build up your spose’s CIBIL.

Faster way is to get a secured (FD based) card from HDFC. If you get a secured card this month, hdfc will update it within the first 10 days of May. Thus the Cibil score will appear.

Some private banks too are slow to report. For eg: ICICI- as per reports in the forum. Standard chartered took almost 2 months to report new card to CIBIL.