• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Finding the Perfect Secured Credit Card for CIBIL Building and Rewards! (OneCard is Out, Let's Discuss!)

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier

Hey everyone! I'm on the mission to build a solid CIBIL score and figured a secured credit card could be my key. I was initially eyeing the OneCard, but the lack of conversion to unsecured later down the line made me reconsider.​

After browsing through the forum, I learned add-on cards don't contribute to CIBIL, which was insightful! However, my main question remains unanswered: What secured credit card offers a sweet balance of CIBIL building potential and decent reward rates?
Here's what I'm looking for:
  • Strong CIBIL reporting: I want a card that consistently reports my responsible credit behavior to CIBIL.
  • Decent reward rate: Earning some rewards while building credit would be a bonus! Cashback, points, travel miles - anything works!
  • Reasonable fees: I understand secured cards come with fees, but I'd prefer them to be manageable.
  • Conversion to unsecured (optional): If possible, having the option to convert the card to unsecured in the future would be ideal.
I've read about various options like IDFC First WOW, Gild and Fi Simplifi, but I'd love to hear your real-world experiences and recommendations!
What secured credit card do you think ticks all the boxes? Bonus points if you have experience with one that eventually converted to unsecured!
Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom!
P.S. If I missed any crucial details, please let me know! The more informed I am, the better I can choose the right card.
P.P.S. Anyone else here skipped OneCard for the same reason? Let's discuss!

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Amex Add on's do reflect in Cibil report, but it does not affect credit score i think ,

Or my GF holding my Amex Plat Travel add on (and Axis Magnus & Vistara Signature as well) would've gotten some credit score by now ,but her onescore is still just blank
Update ,checked my GFs Onescore yesterday ,she actually has a Experian score now and it shows an Amex card(my add on) in her profile ,
Only thing is it only shows 25k limit ,my limit is 3.69L ,
Cibil is still just blank though

racydex

TF Select
everything depends on your fd amount. If you do 30L fd you can get magnus Burgundy/ infinnia ltf.
Some people don't realize but pt4 is very important. Will this be your 1st card? In future if you want to close fd but can't convert the cc to unsecured, you have to close your oldest card which can -vely impact credit score.

my advice would be do a fd of decent amount (at least 1L) in icici. You'll get platinum which is ltf. Use that for 1-2 months ,especially in amazon. Also use amazon for upi/recharge even if there is offer on other site. By 3rd month You'll get apay offer( ltf) with shared limit. Now you can close the fd and platinum cc if you want. If fd amount is 1L or more, most likely You'll also get ltf rupay coral around 1st bill generation of apay and you can use it for upi.

You can then use these for c2c( except at hDFc). Better wait for 6months to get LE. Then use c2c. As icici is most liberal with le. And in this way you can get higher rewards card of other issuers faster.
This is interesting, I didn't know you can get an Infinia Card LTF with an FD. Are you sure about this?

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is interesting, I didn't know you can get an Infinia Card LTF with an FD. Are you sure about this?
It's actually quite common for people to put down 10L FD with HDFC to get Infinia, you can search other threads

Downside is that money will be stuck with HDFC for the duration ,and path to make Infinia unsecured eventually is not clear

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
guyss
Screenshot_20240420-083652_SuperPe.png
i just randomly decided to install superpe app and it showed me this
but i am not sure what credit bureau's score this is
but i am not getting anything in google pay (which checks for CIBIL score specifically)

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
guyss
Screenshot_20240420-083652_SuperPe.png
i just randomly decided to install superpe app and it showed me this
but i am not sure what credit bureau's score this is
but i am not getting anything in google pay (which checks for CIBIL score specifically)
I don't think credit scores can be negative,
Check onescore or cibil website

sidp

TF Ace
Yes. During covid many people got ltf infinnia. With hdfc you can't be sure as their policy isn't clear like axis/icici.

When some people mail for infinnia against 10+ fd they say no, but to some other people they Yes.
Some people who apply for dcb metal under alumni offer, get the card. Some get reply that alumni offer isn't active. & some, who qualify for dcb pvc but not the metal, got ltf dcb pvc under alumni offer after it was officially closed.

So 3 things matter: your nrv< rm< luck.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes. During covid many people got ltf infinnia. With hdfc you can't be sure as their policy isn't clear like axis/icici.

When some people mail for infinnia against 10+ fd they say no, but to some other people they Yes.
Some people who apply for dcb metal under alumni offer, get the card. Some get reply that alumni offer isn't active. & some, who qualify for dcb pvc but not the metal, got ltf dcb pvc under alumni offer after it was officially closed.

So 3 things matter: your nrv< rm< luck.
Bas kr Bhai rulayega kya
Hdfc ko