• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Finding the Perfect Secured Credit Card for CIBIL Building and Rewards! (OneCard is Out, Let's Discuss!)

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier

Hey everyone! I'm on the mission to build a solid CIBIL score and figured a secured credit card could be my key. I was initially eyeing the OneCard, but the lack of conversion to unsecured later down the line made me reconsider.​

After browsing through the forum, I learned add-on cards don't contribute to CIBIL, which was insightful! However, my main question remains unanswered: What secured credit card offers a sweet balance of CIBIL building potential and decent reward rates?
Here's what I'm looking for:
  • Strong CIBIL reporting: I want a card that consistently reports my responsible credit behavior to CIBIL.
  • Decent reward rate: Earning some rewards while building credit would be a bonus! Cashback, points, travel miles - anything works!
  • Reasonable fees: I understand secured cards come with fees, but I'd prefer them to be manageable.
  • Conversion to unsecured (optional): If possible, having the option to convert the card to unsecured in the future would be ideal.
I've read about various options like IDFC First WOW, Gild and Fi Simplifi, but I'd love to hear your real-world experiences and recommendations!
What secured credit card do you think ticks all the boxes? Bonus points if you have experience with one that eventually converted to unsecured!
Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom!
P.S. If I missed any crucial details, please let me know! The more informed I am, the better I can choose the right card.
P.P.S. Anyone else here skipped OneCard for the same reason? Let's discuss!

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Amex Add on's do reflect in Cibil report, but it does not affect credit score i think ,

Or my GF holding my Amex Plat Travel add on (and Axis Magnus & Vistara Signature as well) would've gotten some credit score by now ,but her onescore is still just blank
It does affect. My mother's score increased from 704 to 740 within a month .....😯😱

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also the add on Amex doesn't show any credit limit or utilization, just an Amex card with Payments being made on time
(i had an Amex MRCC from my dad few yrs back)

But it does build relationship with Amex ,like my own Plat Travel say member since 2020 ,but i got my own card in late 2022 ,so they keep record of add on card members as well

sidp

TF Ace
Amex Add on's do reflect in Cibil report, but it does not affect credit score i think ,

Or my GF holding my Amex Plat Travel add on (and Axis Magnus & Vistara Signature as well) would've gotten some credit score by now ,but her onescore is still just blank
That's what I also said. All usage & payment history is reflected on primary card only. How can issuer report single spend on multiple accounts.

Though I ve heard that getting add on/corporate amex helps in getting personal amex card.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That's what I also said. All usage & payment history is reflected on primary card only. How can issuer report single spend on multiple accounts.
And no other card issuer does this ,I'm holding a HDFC DCB from my dad since last 5 yrs ,never has it come up in any of my cibil reports

But Amex works in mysterious ways i guess

sidp

TF Ace
And no other card issuer does this ,I'm holding a HDFC DCB from my dad since last 5 yrs ,never has it come up in any of my cibil reports

But Amex works in mysterious ways i guess
Some have reported icici to do the same thing.
Are you having problem to upgrade because of this add on?

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm actually considering getting a FD Rupay card for my GF ,so that she can do small UPI transactions by herself and build some credit history & score

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Some have reported icici to do the same thing.
Are you having problem to upgrade because of this add on?
Nope ,quite the opposite actually, i think one of the reasons i was able to get my own Amex Plat Travel so easily us because i held my dad's MRCC Add on for over 2 Yrs

sidp

TF Ace
Nope ,quite the opposite actually, i think one of the reasons i was able to get my own Amex Plat Travel so easily us because i held my dad's MRCC Add on for over 2 Yrs
I am talking about upgrading your millenia to dcb.😆

I think it creates problem in axis. If you have add on, you can't get same variant as personal card. Could be same in hdfc.

Hdfc even writes getting floater card will make you ineligible fir add on.

techt

TF Legend

I think it creates problem in axis. If you have add on, you can't get same variant as personal card. Could be same in hdfc.

You are an HDFC encyclopedia.
the legend of sleepy hollow sigh GIF

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC has no love for me regardless of what my cibil report says 😅 (Stuck with 1.16L Limit on Millennia for over 2 yrs)

But you know what, when HDFC doesn't love you ,ICICI likes you 😊 (Got 6L Limit after recent enhancement last year)

techt

TF Legend
HDFC has no love for me regardless of what my cibil report says 😅 (Stuck with 1.16L Limit on Millennia for over 2 yrs)

But you know what, when HDFC doesn't love you ,ICICI likes you 😊 (Got 6L Limit after recent enhancement last year)
Yes amongst CCs HDFC is pathetic, its riding by the drum beats of Infinianists.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

HDFC could've offered me Regalia Gold or even Diners Club Premier(i know it's trash now)

Or atleast they could've given me sone LE ,but nope ,nothing 😬

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier

Bruh
Do any other banks have such queer terms and conditions?