• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Declined application due to Partial KYC Rejection. Any solution here?

D₹V

TF Prestige
IMG_20230211_172718.jpg
Hey Folks, I had applied for Kotak League recently with CRN of 811 account with was closed automatically last year due to half KYC or no KYC.

And the application is rejected due to Partial KYC Rejection. Any solution here? Any higher authority mail to contact? Would they consider this application again? What will be the solution for KYC? If no, how much time I've to wait?

Thank you in advance 🙂.

Update from Kotak : As per revert received fromrelevant team, request you to please visit nearest branch and update full KYCdetail under your CRN.

Post updating the document youmay write us back in order to check and assist you for application restart onapproval basis.

Now the question is can KYC be updated for the CRN without opening an account?

Last edited:
IMG_20230211_172718.jpg
Hey Folks, I had applied for Kotak League recently with CRN of 811 account with was closed automatically last year due to half KYC or no KYC.

And the application is rejected due to Partial KYC Rejection. Any solution here? Any higher authority mail to contact? Would they consider this application again? What will be the solution for KYC? If no, how much time I've to wait?

Thank you in advance 🙂.
As mentioned by @prc1990 in the reply. Your card was declined due to incomplete KYC. Contact branch, make your account operational by completing KYC and then ask them to reprocess the application.

prc1990

TF Ace
As mentioned by @prc1990 in the reply. Your card was declined due to incomplete KYC. Contact branch, make your account operational by completing KYC and then ask them to reprocess the application.
Inoperative 811 can't be reopened or activated again to my knowledge and you can't open any other account variant online with the same PAN. The only solution is to visit the branch and open any other normal savings account.

Bob78900

TF Premier
IMG_20230211_172718.jpg

Thank you in advance 🙂.
Actually what i think is you can mail them again for reconsideration. Just tell them that if it is rejected because of kyc. You're ready to send them the documents again by post or by mail whatever they prefer. There is no harm in trying this maybe will work.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Since you applied based on CRN which already went to coma due to half baked kyc, it is very evident that your CC application wouldn't see the light of approval. Denial reason clearly states the reason being incomplete/partial kyc.

BTW, surprised to see Kotak disclosed the actual rejection reason unlike most of the banks.
Other than opening an account there, no option 😞 left. If I apply as new customer too, they detect it.

811 account can't be reopened. Kotak is indirectly pressuring to open account lol.

BTW I know you well on TG bro 😜.

prc1990

TF Ace
Other than opening an account there, no option 😞 left. If I apply as new customer too, they detect it.

811 account can't be reopened. Kotak is indirectly pressuring to open account lol.

BTW I know you well on TG bro 😜.
BTW, I recently opened their Everyday Savings Account with 20K MAB with FYF Rupay Platinum Debit Card at offline mode.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Actually what i think is you can mail them again for reconsideration. Just tell them that if it is rejected because of kyc. You're ready to send them the documents again by post or by mail whatever they prefer. There is no harm in trying this maybe will work.
Yes, I'll try mailing them with all details.

Reactions: AsB

AsB

TF Ace
IMG_20230211_172718.jpg

Thank you in advance 🙂.
Your application could have been rejected due to incomplete KYC. You can contact Customer Care, to know more details, as they normally share the complete reason of rejection (if it is mentioned already, just like in your case).
You can try to re-apply after 3 months, but try not to use the CRN, and use a different mobile number. The conditions will be strict, in case you are not existing customer. Or, you can open an account. Your CRN will still be the same, and you will get benefits of old CRN (approval chances will be higher).
A better option would be to apply offline via branch as they can help you with completing the application. But, be very sure to record the call or ask for proof, if they are promising like LTF card, or similar.

AsB

TF Ace
Yes, I'll try mailing them with all details.
Yep. Try mailing them too. There should not be any particular reason of partial KYC, since will do the KYC again.
Also, try creating an RBI ombudsman.
However, reach out to customer care (by call), and ask them to generate a SR number, stating that your reason of rejection is unjustifiable, since KYC was to be done again, anyway, so that , if Level 1 grievance is not satisfactory, you can escalate it to Level 2 (Nodal Office) and Level 3 (Principal Nodal Office). Without SR number (which is not provided by Level 1 grievance ) , you will not be able to escalate.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
IMG_20230211_172718.jpg

Thank you in advance 🙂.
See the reason is u r using 811 with online opening alone in which kyc done but cdd pending as long as u go to branch and complete full kyc cdd and a photo submitted
Here the rejection reason u used the 811 crn which is flagged by kotak due to semi kyc
Now forget about 811 or cc please take everyday savings account which if u use some daily upi transfer to own account then no need to maintain minimum balance
Once the same crn is fully kyc Compliant after fully functional everyday account then try applying cc again but after 3 months of current rejection

D₹V

TF Prestige
Update from Kotak : As per revert received fromrelevant team, request you to please visit nearest branch and update full KYCdetail under your CRN.

Post updating the document youmay write us back in order to check and assist you for application restart onapproval basis.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

Possible but u have to convince branch to do it
Generally they won’t do since no revenue to branch
Or option 2 use NSDL ckyc registry ref if u have it

D₹V

TF Prestige
Possible but u have to convince branch to do it
Generally they won’t do since no revenue to branch
Or option 2 use NSDL ckyc registry ref if u have it
What do you mean my NSDL CKYC Registry?

BTW I had contact no of B.M. but she isn't picking up, maybe visiting branch will work 😔.

Are you sure it's possible without opening account? 🤔

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
What do you mean my NSDL CKYC Registry?

BTW I had contact no of B.M. but she isn't picking up, maybe visiting branch will work 😔.

Are you sure it's possible without opening account? 🤔
If you have hdfc and idfc card or account they will update ur kyc details on NSDL database which can be cross verify with your pan number by any other institution
That is Called ckyc