• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Close and Reapply for HDFC CC

rg8605384

TF Buzz
I have hdfc millennia credit card with 1.2 lakh limit and I have multiple other cards with above 2 lakh limit. My question is can I close this card and reapply via card to card method to get a higher limit? Also, is this a good idea 😂😂

I tried getting LE by mailing them and got 20k increment. Its been 6 months since then and I don't think I'll get any LE offer anytime soon looking at how unpredictable their algorithm is.

vijaycard

TF Buzz
I have hdfc millennia credit card with 1.2 lakh limit and I have multiple other cards with above 2 lakh limit. My question is can I close this card and reapply via card to card method to get a higher limit? Also, is this a good idea 😂😂

I tried getting LE by mailing them and got 20k increment. Its been 6 months since then and I don't think I'll get any LE offer anytime soon looking at how unpredictable their algorithm is.
Once u close a hdfc card , they won't approve yr card within in particular duration may be 3 or 6 months. U can try upgrade yr card to regalia or some other

deep@vie

TF Legend

chances are they won't issue you a card for next 6months.
instead try to find out why they are not enhancing your limit.

souvikr

TF Premier

Don't close your card, just keep using it regularly for approx 10k-25k per month (Don't overuse it). You will get better limit soon. I would suggest to do proper purchase transactions only, I mean avoid transactions like rent, wallet etc.

Last edited:

rg8605384

TF Buzz
Keep the card.... In sometime the way hdfc is butchering the rewards... It will just be used for offers... Millenia is a good card and 1.2 lakh is sufficient for normal use....
Exactly rewards are diminishing every passing day. Before the upgrade I had Easy EMI card and I used to get 5% CB+5% RP on every smartbuy transaction. Now I regret upgrading to millennia.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I'm saying about limit bro, hdfc cards are ltf whether online or offline. Not giving much limits solely on c2c
Yes, that is what I said, the card was processed on C2C basis. But I asked them to give me a higher credit limit, for that I gave them my income proof as supporting docs.
If you apply fresh without c2c, your card will not be processed as LTF.