• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC CC limit increase with loan

rahulg

TF Buzz
Hi guys,

I am currently holding 2 HDFC CC Millennia and Neu+ both ltf with a shared limit of 30k (which I want to increase)
I am not happy with my neu+ card because
1.don't use it much and
2. offers not relevant anymore for me.
I have been trying to apply for an upgrade on that card to a different one and recently I got a call from HDFC Bank saying I have a loan offer on my HDFC card. When I told him I don't want any loan I want a limit enhancement he told me to take a loan and after taking the loan(of 10k, their minimum amount for loan) my limit would increase 2x or 3x. If that does not happen i would have his employee code and I can complaint to HDFC for the same..

I am a bit sceptical on this and i really don't need the money. Should I take this person up on his offer or just ignore?

akshayhs

TF Ace
he told me to take a loan and after taking the loan(of 10k, their minimum amount for loan) my limit would increase 2x or 3x
Tell him to pound sand if he calls you again. Nobody should take unnecessary loans just for a LE. Also, LE is not guaranteed. Don't believe in what these employees tell. There is no consequence to them telling anything. Afterall they are trying to sell.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi guys,

I am currently holding 2 HDFC CC Millennia and Neu+ both ltf with a shared limit of 30k (which I want to increase)
I am not happy with my neu+ card because
1.don't use it much and
2. offers not relevant anymore for me.
I have been trying to apply for an upgrade on that card to a different one and recently I got a call from HDFC Bank saying I have a loan offer on my HDFC card. When I told him I don't want any loan I want a limit enhancement he told me to take a loan and after taking the loan(of 10k, their minimum amount for loan) my limit would increase 2x or 3x. If that does not happen i would have his employee code and I can complaint to HDFC for the same..

I am a bit sceptical on this and i really don't need the money. Should I take this person up on his offer or just ignore?
so don't take an unnecessary loan, LE it will come to you don't worry. and I would suggest you don't chase this cc of yours and try to optimize for best usage for your spend.

prem2311

TF Select
This is typical hdfc employee trick which is used to sell u the loan. No other bank employee does this. That employee is just in call centre job. Only thing he can do is selling loan. He can't get u the LE or anything. Even hdfc manager can't get the LE unless u r eligible from the system. Or you can go for manual LE by sending letter to Chennai office.

This is typical hdfc employee trick which is used to sell u the loan. No other bank employee does this. That employee is just in call centre job. Only thing he can do is selling loan. He can't get u the LE or anything. Even hdfc manager can't get the LE unless u r eligible from the system. Or you can go for manual LE by sending letter to Chennai office.
This is typical trick of almost every credit card company employee... Standard chartered employee once asked me for the same... I told her that you guys don't approve my pre approved limit enhancement offers and asking me to take loan... She said are sir loan lijiyega tab badhega limit...

Sleepyk

TF Buzz
Hi guys,

Hi
Don't fall for this fraud of selling you a loan in the name of credit limit enhancement
HDFC bank has an official process through which a customer can request for a credit limit enhancement. They will ask for bank account statement, itr etc etc and in case you meet their criteria they will increase your credit limit.
You can email escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com.

I suggest you go through the conversation here and read some of the threads linked there as well before emailing HDFC.

'Business Moneyback credit card limit enhancement and upgrade' https://www.technofino.in/community...dit-card-limit-enhancement-and-upgrade.20059/

BTW if you have it in writing, I would actually file a complaint with the banking ombudsman against the person who tried to sell you a loan in the name of credit limit enhancement, as that is gross miss-selling.