• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Changed Bank of Baroda savings account variant from Advantage Savings Account to Super Savings Account

sahil1033

TF Premier
I funded my Bank of Baroda Advantage Savings Account so that balance is above Rs. 20k and went to the bank, got the savings account variant changed to Super Savings Account.

Now, as usual, my thumb rule is, I'm more knowledgeable than the people sitting at the bank. I knew and even showed them on the website that QAB requirement is Rs. 20k for Super Savings Account but 2 ladies (bank employee) kept telling me, it's Rs. 50k. I told them to go ahead and change the account variant since I have proof from the website that the QAB is Rs. 20k and I'll keep a screenshot of the same if and when I'm being charged for non maintenance of QAB. After this transition was successfully done, the lady again told me that it's showing as Rs. 50k and after a few minutes I got to know that the 50k limit is for auto sweep in and sweep out. I asked them to turn this auto sweep in and sweep out OFF to which the lady said, why did you change to this account then? That's the main feature of this account and can't be done. I could've given a big lecture on it but since I didn't have much time and I had gone to the bank during office hours, I came back home.

Now, my queries are :

- Is the QAB 20k or 50k for this account? I'm pretty sure it's 20k but still confirming.
- How can I disable this sweep in and sweep out? Can it be done via bob world app or internet banking?
- I had generated virtual RuPay Platinum debit card, that shall remain active, right?

Bank of Baroda geeks and people holding the same account, any help is appreciated.

sahil1033

TF Premier
What are the advantages of upgrading the account to super savings account?
Also, this account main feature is auto sweep in facility with balance exceeding 50k.
I need a RuPay Select debit card with low fee, so, BoB Super Savings Account is the only way I could get the DC first year free and standard charges from 2nd year onwards.

Yes, I get that it's the main feature of that account but isn't there any way to turn it OFF, I mean, logically there should be, isn't that so?

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I need a RuPay Select debit card with low fee, so, BoB Super Savings Account is the only way I could get the DC first year free and standard charges from 2nd year onwards.

Yes, I get that it's the main feature of that account but isn't there any way to turn it OFF, I mean, logically there should be, isn't that so?
There are other PSU banks which provide Rupay Select debit card with lower variant accounts. No need to park 50k balance in BOB account just for debit card.

Even if there is way to turn off auto sweep in facility, they don't do it. You should know that's how PSU banks work.

sahil1033

TF Premier
There are other PSU banks which provide Rupay Select debit card with lower variant accounts. No need to park 50k balance in BOB account just for debit card.

Even if there is way to turn off auto sweep in facility, they don't do it. You should know that's how PSU banks work.
50k is the threshold amount I guess for sweep out, QAB required is 20k according to MITC on their website.

Well, I did research, no PSU bank is offering RuPay Select DC with lower variants. Since I already had an account with Bank of Baroda and PNB, I had to choose one out of these two. Union Bank of India now requires 1 lac QAB account variant to issue RuPay Select DC.

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
50k is the threshold amount I guess for sweep out, QAB required is 20k according to MITC on their website.

Well, I did research, no PSU bank is offering RuPay Select DC with lower variants. Since I already had an account with Bank of Baroda and PNB, I had to choose one out of these two. Union Bank of India now requires 1 lac QAB account variant to issue RuPay Select DC.
SBI recently launched rupay select debit cards. I don't know for which account variants they offer that card, you can try SBI also.

Harrypotter

TF Premier
I funded my Bank of Baroda Advantage Savings Account so that balance is above Rs. 20k and went to the bank, got the savings account variant changed to Super Savings Account.

Now, as usual, my thumb rule is, I'm more knowledgeable than the people sitting at the bank. I knew and even showed them on the website that QAB requirement is Rs. 20k for Super Savings Account but 2 ladies (bank employee) kept telling me, it's Rs. 50k. I told them to go ahead and change the account variant since I have proof from the website that the QAB is Rs. 20k and I'll keep a screenshot of the same if and when I'm being charged for non maintenance of QAB. After this transition was successfully done, the lady again told me that it's showing as Rs. 50k and after a few minutes I got to know that the 50k limit is for auto sweep in and sweep out. I asked them to turn this auto sweep in and sweep out OFF to which the lady said, why did you change to this account then? That's the main feature of this account and can't be done. I could've given a big lecture on it but since I didn't have much time and I had gone to the bank during office hours, I came back home.

Now, my queries are :

- Is the QAB 20k or 50k for this account? I'm pretty sure it's 20k but still confirming.
- How can I disable this sweep in and sweep out? Can it be done via bob world app or internet banking?
- I had generated virtual RuPay Platinum debit card, that shall remain active, right?

Bank of Baroda geeks and people holding the same account, any help
You are right why the hell then they advertised in website it's as 25k MAB. So even if we open online whether we have to maintain 50k.

gowthamv

TF Premier

What about BOB Professional Savings Account? 25k MAB and free Rupay Select DC for first year.

sahil1033

TF Premier
You are right why the hell then they advertised in website it's as 25k MAB. So even if we open online whether we have to maintain 50k.
the lady at the branch was most probably wrong because she kept saying 50k, 50k and turns out 50k is the threshold amount for sweep out/in ... I still believe that QAB is 20k only, I've kept a screenshot of it from their website, will fight for justice if I'm charged for non maintenance of balance

sahil1033

TF Premier
What about BOB Professional Savings Account? 25k MAB and free Rupay Select DC for first year.
yes, that's there too but then why keep 5k more for the same set of benefits? also, one difference I found that SMS charges is free only for first year ... since I didn't any much difference and also the trouble of taking your degree certificate along for this, simply ruled it out

P.S. there was no mention of sweep in/out for Super Savings account on their website or I may have considered Professional Savings account but it's fine, either I'll try to get it disabled (that's why I've posted this thread) or will keep balance below 50k at any given point of time ... anyway I'll keep approx. 20k only in that account

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Share link where did u find that information
Its being discussed in Technofino community, check this link:

gowthamv

TF Premier
yes, that's there too but then why keep 5k more for the same set of benefits? also, one difference I found that SMS charges is free only for first year ... since I didn't any much difference and also the trouble of taking your degree certificate along for this, simply ruled it out

P.S. there was no mention of sweep in/out for Super Savings account on their website or I may have considered Professional Savings account but it's fine, either I'll try to get it disabled (that's why I've posted this thread) or will keep balance below 50k at any given point of time ... anyway I'll keep approx. 20k only in that account
What account variant offers Rupay Select FYF other than Professional Account? I thought it was paid for all other variants

darshanbafna

TF Buzz

Now, my queries are :

Bank of Baroda geeks and people holding the same account, any help is appreciated.
I have bob super savings account MAB is 20K, sweepin happens above 50k you have no harm in using sweep in cause you get interest. If the account balance goes below 20k the sweepin fd will be closed and amount will be credited and you will get. the interst for those number of days

sahil1033

TF Premier
I have bob super savings account MAB is 20K, sweepin happens above 50k you have no harm in using sweep in cause you get interest. If the account balance goes below 20k the sweepin fd will be closed and amount will be credited and you will get. the interst for those number of days
any way to turn that sweep in and out feature OFF ??

gigachad

TF Premier

Union bank is the cheapest...
400pa..
& aslo i think bob give select debit card with professional account..

sahil1033

TF Premier
Union bank is the cheapest...
400pa..
& aslo i think bob give select debit card with professional account..
Union Bank of India now requires at least Rs. 1 lac MAB account or a salary account to issue RuPay Select DC

and yes, BoB Professional Savings Account also gives RuPay Select DC as FYF, just like Super Savings Account