• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Changed Bank of Baroda savings account variant from Advantage Savings Account to Super Savings Account

sahil1033

TF Premier
I funded my Bank of Baroda Advantage Savings Account so that balance is above Rs. 20k and went to the bank, got the savings account variant changed to Super Savings Account.

Now, as usual, my thumb rule is, I'm more knowledgeable than the people sitting at the bank. I knew and even showed them on the website that QAB requirement is Rs. 20k for Super Savings Account but 2 ladies (bank employee) kept telling me, it's Rs. 50k. I told them to go ahead and change the account variant since I have proof from the website that the QAB is Rs. 20k and I'll keep a screenshot of the same if and when I'm being charged for non maintenance of QAB. After this transition was successfully done, the lady again told me that it's showing as Rs. 50k and after a few minutes I got to know that the 50k limit is for auto sweep in and sweep out. I asked them to turn this auto sweep in and sweep out OFF to which the lady said, why did you change to this account then? That's the main feature of this account and can't be done. I could've given a big lecture on it but since I didn't have much time and I had gone to the bank during office hours, I came back home.

Now, my queries are :

- Is the QAB 20k or 50k for this account? I'm pretty sure it's 20k but still confirming.
- How can I disable this sweep in and sweep out? Can it be done via bob world app or internet banking?
- I had generated virtual RuPay Platinum debit card, that shall remain active, right?

Bank of Baroda geeks and people holding the same account, any help is appreciated.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I need a RuPay Select debit card with low fee, so, BoB Super Savings Account is the only way I could get the DC first year free and standard charges from 2nd year onwards.

Yes, I get that it's the main feature of that account but isn't there any way to turn it OFF, I mean, logically there should be, isn't that so?
Pnb
Union 👍

Bob no