• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Changed Bank of Baroda savings account variant from Advantage Savings Account to Super Savings Account

sahil1033

TF Premier
I funded my Bank of Baroda Advantage Savings Account so that balance is above Rs. 20k and went to the bank, got the savings account variant changed to Super Savings Account.

Now, as usual, my thumb rule is, I'm more knowledgeable than the people sitting at the bank. I knew and even showed them on the website that QAB requirement is Rs. 20k for Super Savings Account but 2 ladies (bank employee) kept telling me, it's Rs. 50k. I told them to go ahead and change the account variant since I have proof from the website that the QAB is Rs. 20k and I'll keep a screenshot of the same if and when I'm being charged for non maintenance of QAB. After this transition was successfully done, the lady again told me that it's showing as Rs. 50k and after a few minutes I got to know that the 50k limit is for auto sweep in and sweep out. I asked them to turn this auto sweep in and sweep out OFF to which the lady said, why did you change to this account then? That's the main feature of this account and can't be done. I could've given a big lecture on it but since I didn't have much time and I had gone to the bank during office hours, I came back home.

Now, my queries are :

- Is the QAB 20k or 50k for this account? I'm pretty sure it's 20k but still confirming.
- How can I disable this sweep in and sweep out? Can it be done via bob world app or internet banking?
- I had generated virtual RuPay Platinum debit card, that shall remain active, right?

Bank of Baroda geeks and people holding the same account, any help is appreciated.

vasanth_ece

TF Select
So, will this offer for free Amazon Prime Membership will be once per card or can we claim every year?. If once per card, we may cancel before the end of the year and upgrade it to Professional Savings Account, for getting one more year benefits?

sahil1033

TF Premier
Super saver account. I am only able to apply rupay classic online
Could be a very recent change I guess but I can clearly see following 2 options available for me while applying for physical debit card :
- Visa Platinum
- RuPay BPCL NCMC (RuPay Platinum)

So, I'm guessing your account variant is different, can you please confirm the same from this screen in bob World app?

1698255837517.png

Chirag19

TF Buzz
Could be a very recent change I guess but I can clearly see following 2 options available for me while applying for physical debit card :
- Visa Platinum
- RuPay BPCL NCMC (RuPay Platinum)

So, I'm guessing your account variant is different, can you please confirm the same from this screen in bob World app?

1698255837517.png
Yes. I can see both options. Rupay select is not there in the drop-down menu.
My account is super saving

sahil1033

TF Premier
Yes. I can see both options. Rupay select is not there in the drop-down menu.
My account is super saving
Then it could be temporary thing because of ongoing bob World app drama or it could be that RuPay Select won't be available for Super Savings A/C now.

Try upgrading to Professional Savings A/C then, 25k MAB and all you need is your college degree (I think they won't even check your degree).

Or, open PNB Elite Savings A/C if you can, 50k MAB and LTF RuPay Select debit card.

vasanth_ece

TF Select
Quick query, is the Rupay select benefits available every year for same card?. If so, renewal benefits will be card expiring month or 1 year from the date when we redeemed the rewards?

Chirag19

TF Buzz
Then it could be temporary thing because of ongoing bob World app drama or it could be that RuPay Select won't be available for Super Savings A/C now.

Try upgrading to Professional Savings A/C then, 25k MAB and all you need is your college degree (I think they won't even check your degree).

Or, open PNB Elite Savings A/C if you can, 50k MAB and LTF RuPay Select debit card.
I had professional saving ac. In that account i didn't even able to apply for single card than i converted it to super saving.

BatmanDad

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
How to apply for rupay select then, bro?
via branch during account opening ??
I've recently converted my account to super savings and have applied for rupay select debit card. Waiting for it to arrive, but we can definately apply for it through the app.

Also had a question. On the website it says that super saver has AQB of 20k, but the bank people say it's 50k. So wanted to know from people what have they seen about it so far?

DarthYoda

TF Premier
I've recently converted my account to super savings and have applied for rupay select debit card. Waiting for it to arrive, but we can definately apply for it through the app.

Also had a question. On the website it says that super saver has AQB of 20k, but the bank people say it's 50k. So wanted to know from people what have they seen about it so far?
Bcz i opened my account after the BoB's security breach, so can't use application for the time being that's why applied through branch.
Yes, its 20k as per my branch and you can just mail cc and save a copy of mail for your peace of mind.

sahil1033

TF Premier
People at the bank are illiterates. For Super Savings A/C, Rs. 50k is the threshold amount for sweep in and sweep out. So, if you keep amount above Rs. 50k, the excess amount's FD will be created and likewise if amount goes below Rs. 50k, FD will be broken (I've explained in short, check MITC of Super Savings A/C for details).

I too was told the same thing. Checked thoroughly and found that this is the scenario. Although I would like to switch this option OFF but it seems like it's a product feature and can't be turned OFF as per bank employees. If you find a way, let me know. Anyway, I'm not keeping more than Rs. 20k - Rs. 21k in this account, so, Rs. 50k is far-fetched.

hariselio

TF Premier
I had professional saving ac. In that account i didn't even able to apply for single card than i converted it to super saving.
Ha, same thing happening to my account. Recently converted to professional account, after this not able to apply any debit card. :(

Did you get Rupay Select DC from professional account?