• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Changed Bank of Baroda savings account variant from Advantage Savings Account to Super Savings Account

sahil1033

TF Premier
I funded my Bank of Baroda Advantage Savings Account so that balance is above Rs. 20k and went to the bank, got the savings account variant changed to Super Savings Account.

Now, as usual, my thumb rule is, I'm more knowledgeable than the people sitting at the bank. I knew and even showed them on the website that QAB requirement is Rs. 20k for Super Savings Account but 2 ladies (bank employee) kept telling me, it's Rs. 50k. I told them to go ahead and change the account variant since I have proof from the website that the QAB is Rs. 20k and I'll keep a screenshot of the same if and when I'm being charged for non maintenance of QAB. After this transition was successfully done, the lady again told me that it's showing as Rs. 50k and after a few minutes I got to know that the 50k limit is for auto sweep in and sweep out. I asked them to turn this auto sweep in and sweep out OFF to which the lady said, why did you change to this account then? That's the main feature of this account and can't be done. I could've given a big lecture on it but since I didn't have much time and I had gone to the bank during office hours, I came back home.

Now, my queries are :

- Is the QAB 20k or 50k for this account? I'm pretty sure it's 20k but still confirming.
- How can I disable this sweep in and sweep out? Can it be done via bob world app or internet banking?
- I had generated virtual RuPay Platinum debit card, that shall remain active, right?

Bank of Baroda geeks and people holding the same account, any help is appreciated.

gigachad

TF Premier
yes, people did get it earlier but I got to know from someone who works at the bank either here or in DesiDime forum that it's not at all possible to get in general savings account now

PNB hiked joining and issuance fee and needed 50k QAB, so, ditched them and instead went with Bank of Baroda
Canara bank select dc is fyf..
Apply & use.. before year end cancel it..lol
😁🤭

sahil1033

TF Premier
Canara bank select dc is fyf..
Apply & use.. before year end cancel it..lol
😁🤭
I already had an account with Bank of Baroda, didn't want to open unnecessary accounts in different banks.

I was ready for opening an account in Union Bank of India only because of low charges but when I got to know about minimum 1 lac MAB account, there was no point even giving a second thought

I can maintain 20k QAB in Bank of Baroda Super Savings Account, not much of an issue there and it's FYF too, so :cool:

gigachad

TF Premier
I already had an account with Bank of Baroda, didn't want to open unnecessary accounts in different banks.

I was ready for opening an account in Union Bank of India only because of low charges but when I got to know about minimum 1 lac MAB account, there was no point even giving a second thought

I can maintain 20k QAB in Bank of Baroda Super Savings Account, not much of an issue there and it's FYF too, so :cool:
You got the card?

gigachad

TF Premier
that I used to get for virtual DC, it was actually a task to view CVV number and when I saw, I simply wrote it somewhere so that I don't have to go through that error ever again :cautious:

When I tap on RuPay Select DC, I'm getting "Card details not available for this customer"
I just checked
Its saying invalid response from hms.

Shreyasrp

TF Select
VIP Lounge

did you get your account converted to super saving ?
AQB?

Shreyasrp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
yes, it was converted then and there when I visited bank

QAB/AQB ... no clarity on it but it should be 20k only as per website
Great. Even I have BOB advantage account with rupay platinum
Need rupay select so will have to upgrade to BOB super saving
Can I just transfer the amount and go to bank or we have to wait for few days ?
Also is it possible at any BOB branch ?

sahil1033

TF Premier
Great. Even I have BOB advantage account with rupay platinum
Need rupay select so will have to upgrade to BOB super saving
Can I just transfer the amount and go to bank or we have to wait for few days ?
Also is it possible at any BOB branch ?
I transferred amount to my BoB Advantage Savings Account so that it's 20k or more, went to my home branch, can't say if it can be done via other branch too.

They told me to write an application along with signed photocopy of Aadhaar and it was done right there at the branch itself.

gowthamv

TF Premier
higher account variants may offer but as per my knowledge, Super Savings and Professional Savings, both offer FYF RuPay Select DC
Whether it is mentioned on BoB site that it is fyf for Super Savings? For professional account, it is explicitly mentioned. But I am unable to find it for Super Savings account.