• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to redeem/convert HDFC Infinia points?

kautilya

TF Buzz
Hey everyone

So I have a bunch of points on my HDFC Infinia (despite my best intentions). I'm planning to go on a holiday in SE Asia in next few months. My primary drivers are Citi Prestige & Amex Platinum - both of which allow me to easily convert points to Krisflyer Miles. Singapore Air is my preferred carrier for trips abroad & so I was thinking of flying with them for my upcoming vacation.

Now the issue is HDFC doesn't seem to have any option to transfer to Krisflyer - atleast I don't see it under Miles Transfer section of their Smart Buy portal. A good chunk of my HDFC points are going to expire in next 2-3 months (because well, HDFC still lives in stone age & has things like points expiry on premium cards).

So I'm looking for advice/suggestions on best way of redeeming my HDFC points, hopefully something that will help with my upcoming vacation. If there's a way to transfer the points to Krisflyer then that would be best.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone

So I have a bunch of points on my HDFC Infinia (despite my best intentions). I'm planning to go on a holiday in SE Asia in next few months. My primary drivers are Citi Prestige & Amex Platinum - both of which allow me to easily convert points to Krisflyer Miles. Singapore Air is my preferred carrier for trips abroad & so I was thinking of flying with them for my upcoming vacation.

Now the issue is HDFC doesn't seem to have any option to transfer to Krisflyer - atleast I don't see it under Miles Transfer section of their Smart Buy portal. A good chunk of my HDFC points are going to expire in y help with my upcoming vacation. If there's a way to transfer the points to Krisflyer then that would be best.
@anirban.choudhury can help you along with a few others @xywowowvw

Last edited:

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone

Now the issue is HDFC doesn't seem to have any option to transfer to Krisflyer - atleast I don't see it under Miles Transfer section of their Smart Buy portal. A good chunk of my HDFC points are going to expire in next 2-3 months (because well, HDFC still lives in stone age & has things like points expiry on premium cards).

So I'm looking for advice/suggestions on best way of redeeming my HDFC points, hopefully something that will help with my upcoming vacation. If there's a way to transfer the points to Krisflyer then that would be best.
Infinia allows transfer to Krisflyer in normal netbanking redeem rewards option

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
@anirban.choudhury can help you along with a few others @xywowowvw , @drsel
HDFC points can be transferred to Kris , the option does not come up in smartbuy but through net banking you can transfer them to Kris and vistara.

Kris should be a good choice for SEA, and it also offers monthly spontaneous escapes , since most of the SEA are allowing visa free or exempted for Indians , you can leverage the spontaneous escapes and get a good value on them , even opt for a gree stopover in SQ and enjoy the complementary sightseeing

kautilya

TF Buzz
HDFC points can be transferred to Kris , the option does not come up in smartbuy but through net banking you can transfer them to Kris and vistara.
Oh great, I'll check that out.
Kris should be a good choice for SEA, and it also offers monthly spontaneous escapes , since most of the SEA are allowing visa free or exempted for Indians , you can leverage the spontaneous escapes and get a good value on them , even opt for a gree stopover in SQ and enjoy the complementary sightseeing
Yeah, no matter how many times one has taken the free tour of Singapore offered at Changi, it just never gets old. :)

NeoOnWheels

TF Premier
Is it going to be a 1:1 conversion between Infinia RPs and KrisFlyers miles?

We have a new channel between Infinia and Marriott Bonvoy in this case:

1. Infinia RPs -> KrisFlyer at 1:1
2. KrisFlyer -> MarriottBonvoy at 1:0.5

This would bring down the value of RPs to half but at least you now get an option to do so. I dont think Infinia to MB is directly possible as of now.

svs_23

TF Select

This would bring down the value of RPs to half but at least you now get an option to do so. I dont think Infinia to MB is directly possible as of now.
Yes, RP to KF is 1:1
Other info:
Starting Jan15, Infinia is reducing the ratio for Turkish, Accor and Avianca from 1:1 to 1:0.5

rohitpgarg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

infinia -> MB option was there earlier. Now removed.

senasenthil

TF Premier

I miss to find the option for stopover in point redemption option in SQ booking window. Please advise

cartoon_soldier

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I miss to find the option for stopover in point redemption option in SQ booking window. Please advise

If your itinerary is eligible when searching for redemption, it will show up like this:
1703788727119.png

And then you add stop over and select the city + length of the stop over
1703788772064.png

If you are not seeing the option to do this, the itinerary is not eligible for the stop over.

Thanks

senasenthil

TF Premier
If your itinerary is eligible when searching for redemption, it will show up like this:
1703788727119.png

And then you add stop over and select the city + length of the stop over
1703788772064.png

If you are not seeing the option to do this, the itinerary is not eligible for the stop over.

Thanks
Thanks. Any of the South Asian locations via Singapore is eligible?

drsel

TF Legend
Hey everyone

I recommend that you use the points for direct flight booking on the Smartbuy portal, which allows 70% payment with points.
This option gives the highest return of 13.46% for your Infinia points

UKJ

TF Buzz
I recommend that you use the points for direct flight booking on the Smartbuy portal, which allows 70% payment with points.
This option gives the highest return of 13.46% for your Infinia points
How did the 13.46% return work out? Could you give an example? I'm trying to figure it out.

drsel

TF Legend
How did the 13.46% return work out? Could you give an example? I'm trying to figure it out.
This is the best usage/ best case example showing the maximum value of Infinia points---

Using Infinia, you buy air tickets on Smartbuy for 112,500 the maximum allowed to get max. 15000 bonus points per day/per month
you will get 3750 basic points plus 15000 bonus points on Infinia.

18750 points can be used for a second flight ticket of 26786 (max 70% can be paid with points).
Real cash spend is 112500 + 8036 = 120536
Value received is 112500 + 26786 = 139286.

120536÷139286=86.54%
Hence a 13.46% discount on airtickets bought using 70% points on Smartbuy
Or you could consider it as 15.56% return on real cash spend of 120536.

Kindly note this is an extreme best case scenario.
in a real life situation you will not get air tickets priced like this!

Last edited:

msk1437

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you don't reach cappings and all, it'd be 14.28%

You get 1/6 rps on flights.. let's say it's valued at x

when you redeem it on flights,

x = (1-1/6*x)
x = 1/(1+(1/6)) = 6/7

effective reward rate on flights would be

(1/6)*(6/7) = 1/7 = 14.28%