• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best premium savings account

Shirish

TF Neo
Hi,

Has anyone used the premium services of the banks - Imperia from HDFC, Burgundy from Axis, Premier from HSBC, Pioneer from IndusInd, Privy League from Kotak etc.
Are they really good in terms of benefits/discounts/cashback and offers which are practically useful for monthly household expenses?

I understand that most of the charges will be nil and there are some benefits like discounts on locker charges and dedicated RM but most of us won't find that useful. Would love to hear from users about their experiences with such premium accounts and which one stands best among them.

Thank you!!

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Using HDFC Imperia, very happy with their offering and mostly no charges on mainly day to day transaction.
One thing I like is we can have 10 accounts as family group with all the Imperia benefits.

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC Imperia any time better.
If you hold Imperia, guy can loot 3-4 super premium cards, 1 completely free locker, free debit card. Few other benefits.

Axis keep hearing from multiple people they post random charges
Don't have recent experience, have closed the banking account. Have only one credit card. Trying to get another card. Even after verifying they will not talk to me if I'm calling from non regd. Mobile. Strange rules.

shreyansh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If you hold Imperia, guy can loot 3-4 super premium cards, 1 completely free locker, free debit card. Few other benefits.

Don't have recent experience, have closed the banking account. Have only one credit card. Trying to get another card. Even after verifying they will not talk to me if I'm calling from non regd. Mobile. Strange rules.
I am being told that free locker is for 1st year only and after that you have to pay annual fees
Is it free for lifetime or just first year?
HDFC's site doesn't have clarity on this

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Using HDFC Imperia , it overall good but then i haven't used any other premium banking service from other bank, from hdfc didn't encounter any charges for any neft,rtgs no SMS charges cost i have enabled through email since they're free. through imperial i got infinia card so there are good benefit

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

guy can loot 3-4 super premium cards you mean all your family member are now imperial a/c cause you have linked your a/c and some of them applied for infinia card i assume

Last edited:

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

"If you hold Imperia, guy can loot 3-4 super premium cards, 1 completely free locker, free debit card. Few other benefits.".

In reference to the above , what does 3-4 premium cards imply?
For the same person or add on etc?
Also what kind of cards?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Burgundy from Axis seem good on paper and the user a/c get select axis card for free may be in the future who know might open a axis a/c. but then I'm looking over 500/1000 off on movies and axis top card and idfc wealth give maximum benefit with indusland cc.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
"If you hold Imperia, guy can loot 3-4 super premium cards, 1 completely free locker, free debit card. Few other benefits.".

Also what kind of cards?
can't be same person , hdfc bank hardly give 2 card must be for family member which are linked to his imperial a/c so under one umbrella , he can opt for one card each for one each family member cause all have his imperia benefit are now shared with his family member

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Also what kind of cards?
Imperia gives 10 accounts in the group, you can decide who can get higher level credit based on individual accounts. I have 2 infinia, 2 DCB LTF and couple of Regalia LTF

Souvik

TF Premier
Using HDFC Imperia , it overall good but then i haven't used any other premium banking service from other bank, from hdfc didn't encounter any charges for any neft,rtgs no SMS charges cost i have enabled through email since they're free. through imperial i got infinia card so there are good benefit
I think IMPS is chargeable in Imperia too, as in Preferred. While a 50k account in ICICI has IMPS free....

Souvik

TF Premier
Yes. Chargeable in HDFC.

Use digital savvy bank like DBS Digibank for IMPS. Completely free
The fact that they beg you for IMPS charges despite that high MAB is funny, however, since you mentioned, if you have used DBS Savings Products, hows the experience ?

I am open to pursue one DBS account if I have something to talk home about.

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
DBS Digibank is simply the best.
For old ac its 5k bal, now it seems 10k amb

So far there is no debit charge in last 5 years approx. And used heavily for mainly all UPI related things

Also good thing is apart from couple of call to upgrade, don't get any spam call from bank.

Ask if you have any specific questions

Souvik

TF Premier
DBS Digibank is simply the best.
For old ac its 5k bal, now it seems 10k amb

So far there is no debit charge in last 5 years approx. And used heavily for mainly all UPI related things

Also good thing is apart from couple of call to upgrade, don't get any spam call from bank.

Ask if you have any specific questions
Thanks for the info, two further queries to bother you brother:

1. Any DBS offerings like HDFC preferred programme which youve tried.

2. Are FD or savings rates in DBS remarkably better than SBI, HDFC, Axis etc ?

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the info, two further queries to bother you brother:

1. Any DBS offerings like HDFC preferred programme which youve tried.

2. Are FD or savings rates in DBS remarkably better than SBI, HDFC, Axis etc ?
There are different offering from DBS
1. DBS treasurer is similar to infinia. Since they don't have credit cards, never apply for treasurer banking
There nrv is 25L +

I'm only using DBS Digibank, it's similar to like online account etc, it has everything in bank account, almost no charges, but it doesn't have cheque book.

2. DBS is considered as most safest bank in Asia.
I don't know much about FD. You can check the website to check for FD rates.