• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey I recently came to read this thread, can you explain what is the 24 months waiting period in this optima restore policy?
Waiting period is for all pre-existing diseases.

One cannot make any claim for x years (x = waiting period). It can be between 2 yrs to 4 yrs across insurers and policies.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Can anyone help me with this, since we can get tax rebate for health insurance under 80D, if I take my insurance policy for my parents (I don't have TDS deductions) and my brother who has TDS of ₹3000 per month pays for it, can he file tax claim for him as he paid for it? How is this checked by income tax department, PAN?

The reason behind this is, I stay with my parents and he is far away, so any health check up or hospitalisation, I can handle it easily so I am thinking to take policy with my details so I can talk with insurance companies.

j_s

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can anyone help me with this, since we can get tax rebate for health insurance under 80D, if I take my insurance policy for my parents (I don't have TDS deductions) and my brother who has TDS of ₹3000 per month pays for it, can he file tax claim for him as he paid for it? How is this checked by income tax department, PAN?

The reason behind this is, I stay with my parents and he is far away, so any health check up or hospitalisation, I can handle it easily so I am thinking to take policy with my details so I can talk with insurance companies.
Your brother can be the Proposer. Add your contact details as alternate.

racydex

TF Select
I have Even health insurance which covers opd and lab tests also and they provide free online consultations. Let me know if you need referral.
I believe you have the Even OPD insurance since 6months+ now. What is your experience?
Has anyone tried any of the other OPD insurance like Kenko/HealthAssure etc? How was the experience?

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
I believe you have the Even OPD insurance since 6months+ now. What is your experience?
Has anyone tried any of the other OPD insurance like Kenko/HealthAssure etc? How was the experience?
kenko has some genuinely bad reviews on youtube.

racydex

TF Select
kenko has some genuinely bad reviews on youtube.
I have also used Kenko about a year ago, that time they gave claim of 50% of bills. Now they say it's 100%. So wondering if they are any better now. I tried to check reviews but most are older. Can't find any usable reviews from last 3 months.

Lalit

TF Buzz
My experience with even has been good. They have a good customer service over the call as well as over WhatsApp chat 24×7. I haven't had any issues yet regarding reimbursement or cashless payment for visits and lab tests.

Last edited:

racydex

TF Select
My experience with even has been good. They have a good customer service over the call as well as over WhatsApp chat 24×7. I haven't had any issues yet regarding reimbursement or cashless payment for visits and lab tests.
And do you think it's worth the cost? Or you would have otherwise also spent the same amount of money without insurance?

Lalit

TF Buzz
And do you think it's worth the cost? Or you would have otherwise also spent the same amount of money without insurance?
It's worth the cost for me. I am paying approx 23k (for myself, my wife and 2 year old kid) for 10 lakh worth insurance which is applicable for both opd and ipd.
However, the cost will vary as per your dependents. In my opinion, medical insurance isn't about extracting the exact worth as it is supposed to be a backup in case of any emergencies whether opd or ipd. Since it covers opd visits and lab tests, it takes away one tension from my mind regarding the repeated costs.

Last edited:

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
"Even" health insurance
They mostly likely meant they were interested in taking even health insurance only for the OPD benefits variant. If your primary ipd health insurance is also even, then no doubt the premium is justifiable.
For opd, any offline doctor visit is eligible for reimbursement, or selected few?