• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

0x5f3759df

TF Select
Just to add to all the discussions, I have had a bad experience with ICICI Lombard that I got through Amex. I tried to get a bill reimbursed and there was a lot of back and forth. All this despite Amex's excellent customer support folks being involved. So, I would not recommend ICICI Lombard to anyone.
I currently have one from HDFC Ergo (I just went by their good claim settlement ratio and brand value).
I too would like to add my experience with ICICI Lombard through AmEx.

My policy states I have a cover of 15L with a OPD benefit of 15,000. I was able to get multiple doctor visits and a comprehensive allergy panel completely reimbursed within a week of each claim. Note that this is all only OPD totalling ₹13K so almost the price I paid for the premium.

From chatting with Ditto it seems HDFC Ergo and Care will be charging similar rates for renewal so I’ll be sticking with Lombard through AmEx for now.

kishorvr

TF Premier
I took Niva Bupa Reassure 2.0 for 10 lk. It renews in March. I will add my wife and my son who will be 5 months old then.

kishorvr

TF Premier
Try to involve an Agent as they helps in creating back door pressure to these companies for fast processing and settlement.
I found an insurance agent through Beshak. She helped me buy Niva Bupa Reassure 2.0. She said she will help me during claims. But I am not planning to fall sick anytime soon.;)

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
I found an insurance agent through Beshak. She helped me buy Niva Bupa Reassure 2.0. She said she will help me during claims. But I am not planning to fall sick anytime soon.;)
can u dm me her no.? i too want to purchase for family

0x5f3759df

TF Select
I too would like to add my experience with ICICI Lombard through AmEx.

My policy states I have a cover of 15L with a OPD benefit of 15,000. I was able to get multiple doctor visits and a comprehensive allergy panel completely reimbursed within a week of each claim. Note that this is all only OPD totalling ₹13K so almost the price I paid for the premium.

From chatting with Ditto it seems HDFC Ergo and Care will be charging similar rates for renewal so I’ll be sticking with Lombard through AmEx for now.
I say this and just got a call for renewal. They have increased premiums (same age bracket) and have cut down the OPD benefit to 7.5K now. Looking at HDFC Ergo now.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
I say this and just got a call for renewal. They have increased premiums (same age bracket) and have cut down the OPD benefit to 7.5K now. Looking at HDFC Ergo now.
I have Even plus plan. Unlimited OPD + diagnostics (upto 10 Lakh per policy year) & normal cover starts from 5L till 1 crore or so, and economical too. If you are interested, I can dm you my referral link with which you'll get the referral discount (maximum discount possible) also share the referral cashback with you. I'm open to clarify any doubts you have too.

Last edited:

Thangarajan D

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Please recommend one final name for Insurance. I think Acko is new in the market so we can't trust them in our bad times. The most important thing in this field according to me is that your claim should be settled without any hassles, even if you need to pay a bit extra premium. What's the use of that insurance which takes less premium but doesn't provide proper claim in our bad times!
Your thoughts?
I go through RM. Good support.

knight

TF Ace
What's the new premium? (or percentage increase)
Also, what's the age of the eldest member covered in the policy? (and number of people if it's a floater)