• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

kshitij_0

TF Ace
I wanted to buy a new Health Insurance for me and my parents and didn't buy yet because of confusion and over research. And now one more player "Acko" came with it's Unlimited plan and everything on the table to raise the confusion to another level.
So I though let's discuss with our experts.
Just give me 1 name(if possible) and cover amount so that I can take that without having a second thought. I know it might depend on various factors but still.
Insurance Companies are way harder to judge than credit cards.

shashifed

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Acko is serving limited policies. Check once on acko for your family, if it covers, you can go for it else check for policies on policy bazaar. I bought 1Cr health insurance covering 3 family members today (10L base and 90L topup). It was Max Bupa Health Saver plan

What your and your parents age? Are you married?
If yes then obvious you should buy separate policy.
I have HDFC Ergo Optima restore - 10 lacs. Premium of me, wife and 1 yr kid 21k. This policy does not cover maternity, for that I have company insurance.
In addition I have 30 lac super to up crom Manipal in 1300. (Yes 1300 only)
Connect with @Ditto, they will help you for good suggestion.

krishc

TF Ace
What your and your parents age? Are you married?
If yes then obvious you should buy separate policy.
I have HDFC Ergo Optima restore - 10 lacs. Premium of me, wife and 1 yr kid 21k. This policy does not cover maternity, for that I have company insurance.
In addition I have 30 lac super to up crom Manipal in 1300. (Yes 1300 only)
Connect with @Ditto, they will help you for good suggestion.
can you explain this top-up policy little bit

Dada, you tube.. sab sikha dega.. try it.
Also see diff. B/w top-up and super top up.
In short, after this 10 lac from base policy got exhausted this super policy will trigger and they will pay over and above payment.

SYM

TF Buzz
I would suggest to go with HDFC ergo optima restore or Icici lombard Health shield as family floater . Though the insurance coverage is personalised one and but in general 10 Lakhs cover would suffice and take a 25 L top up cover . If parents are old , better to go with seperate insurance policy for them in individual plan .

Manipal Cigna LTH plan is worth looking. Better value for money hdfc ergo and icici Lombard

Niva Bupa customer support is very poor. Incase somebody get stuck in claims , it will be a very bad experience

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
I wanted to buy a new Health Insurance for me and my parents and didn't buy yet because of confusion and over research. And now one more player "Acko" came with it's Unlimited plan and everything on the table to raise the confusion to another level.
So I though let's discuss with our experts.
Just give me 1 name(if possible) and cover amount so that I can take that without having a second thought. I know it might depend on various factors but still.
Insurance Companies are way harder to judge than credit cards.
I am having TATA Medicare Premier policy with 10L base plan and 1Cr Super Topup for 2 people. You can explore it. Its the best policy as per my extensive research.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Make sure you get health insurance for parents before they enter 60yrs.
I can recommend what I use i.e. national insurance senior citizen floater plan for parents from 5lac to 10lac depending on ur budget. While get a seperate plan for yourself where you can add spouse n kids later.

Last edited:

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Make sure you get health insurance for parents before they enter 60yrs.
I can recommend what I use i.e. national insurance senior citizen floater plan for parents from 5lac to 10lac depending on ur budget. While get a seperate plan for yourself where you can spouse n kids later.
could you suggest me one for my parents with max age 59

thedator

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any way to see National Insurance premiums online? Or we have to go to office only.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In prospectus or policy details pdf on site it's given in end with a little complex table chart.