• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

anevis

TF Buzz
I have HDFC Ergo Optima Restore for myself and ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime - Advantage for my parents. (Since both are beyond 65) If parents' age is below 60 then one can have family floater plan. That's what I experienced.
can you tell how much is premium if both are 60 plus also try optima secure also whenever you renew please read policy careful recently i renewed my hdfc optima secure and it said waiting period then
emailed them they were said its resolved called them they said theyll rectify within 24 hours. any supertopup suggestion from techfino members

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does this mean HDFC ergo supertop premium will never increase after 61 years ?

Constant premiums from Age 61
With HDFC ERGO's Health Insurance make your old age hassle free and peaceful. Pay constant premiums post 61 years and enjoy the best of health cover with a brand trusted by millions.

yes for now!!

beingmohit

TF Premier
Just to add to all the discussions, I have had a bad experience with ICICI Lombard that I got through Amex. I tried to get a bill reimbursed and there was a lot of back and forth. All this despite Amex's excellent customer support folks being involved. So, I would not recommend ICICI Lombard to anyone.
I currently have one from HDFC Ergo (I just went by their good claim settlement ratio and brand value).

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just to add to all the discussions, I have had a bad experience with ICICI Lombard that I got through Amex. I tried to get a bill reimbursed and there was a lot of back and forth. All this despite Amex's excellent customer support folks being involved. So, I would not recommend ICICI Lombard to anyone.
I currently have one from HDFC Ergo (I just went by their good claim settlement ratio and brand value).
All claims are basis documents and situation. I am sure you have the reasona for rejection.. Insurance experience is always because of the conditions / documents and past disclosures.. So company really doesn't matter if we know the conditions clearly..Claim Ratio etx are only numbers and never 100% so.. taking good care while buying and claiming is key... What the doctor writes on your papers in the hospital is crucial..

beingmohit

TF Premier
All claims are basis documents and situation. I am sure you have the reasona for rejection.. Insurance experience is always because of the conditions / documents and past disclosures.. So company really doesn't matter if we know the conditions clearly..Claim Ratio etx are only numbers and never 100% so.. taking good care while buying and claiming is key... What the doctor writes on your papers in the hospital is crucial..
I get your point, but they chose to reimburse 10% of the total requested amount citing a lack of documentation as the reason. But, after escalating it via Amex, they reimbursed 100% of the amount, without any extra documentation, although after a couple of months! So, clearly, the documents were not the problem!

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Check out these special premium rates of icici lombard which you can get if you apply through branch only for icici customers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-04-16-19-30-20_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-04-16-19-30-20_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 100

Digvijay

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
can you tell how much is premium if both are 60 plus also try optima secure also whenever you renew please read policy careful recently i renewed my hdfc optima secure and it said waiting period then
emailed them they were said its resolved called them they said theyll rectify within 24 hours. any supertopup suggestion from techfino members
Varies as per the plan. Since my parents's age is not in the regular bracket and both are older than 65, annual premium for plan is high which is 78000. Some insurnace companies allow age below 65 to issue policy with lower premium. As confirmed by insurer no waiting period in my case. Still will check again. Thanks.

krishc

TF Ace
Varies as per the plan. Since my parents's age is not in the regular bracket and both are older than 65, annual premium for plan is high which is 78000. Some insurnace companies allow age below 65 to issue policy with lower premium. As confirmed by insurer no waiting period in my case. Still will check again. Thanks.
78k(including GST ?) for total coverage of how much ?
any cumulative bonus benefits included ?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
exactly what i am saying.. all are the same.. if you know your conditions your claim will be paid.. rest are all deflection tactics used by all cos.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
true icici customercare sucks

krishc

TF Ace
I tried to take HDFC ERGO Optima Secure 4x wala plan for my parents, they called and said they won't give policy to my father on grounds that he has a history of angioplasty from 4 years back.
Also mentioned that no othe insurer will give policy to my father.

Last edited:

knight

TF Ace
How much does the premium rise year on year while renewing?
Took out a policy for parents last year max age 57 for 36K, they raised it to 40K this year.
So far there have been no claims.
Is it common for premium to rise this fast?

krishc

TF Ace
How much does the premium rise year on year while renewing?
Took out a policy for parents last year max age 57 for 36K, they raised it to 40K this year.
So far there have been no claims.
Is it common for premium to rise this fast?
depends on insurer
but when your elder parent reaches 60
be ready for a bigger jump