• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

sidmanraj

TF Select
If the claim is legit, and comes under pre or post hosp, they pass it easily. I have personally done it for family members.

People try faking/getting hospitalized just for the sake of getting yearly checkup or MRI or x-ray done.
Then its obvious that they will deny for it.

Also ideally medical insurance should not be taken for OPD purposes.
It is corporate insurance. In corporate OPD is covered.

Previously I had corporate insurance of kotak and uhcp. Never faced such problems

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Folks,

I have few questions related to health insurance and thought to ask here to avoid new thread..

Is there a benefit of purchasing Health Insurance via agent and not going directly or via third party where get the best quote?

I know policy via agents can be little expensive (ateast for HDFC Ergo as I can see) but then I have a fundamental questions if having agents help in long term? For eg. do we needs agent's help in getting claim paper work submitted? Can they influence getting them processed faster? Are they better prepared for queries etc?

Or will they pass on all to us and just act as postman?

The question is in link to a personal policy which I am planning to purchase (over & above my Corporate Insurance). With my corporate policy I do have experience of claiming small amounts over the time.

j_s

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Folks,

I have few questions related to health insurance and thought to ask here to avoid new thread..

Is there a benefit of purchasing Health Insurance via agent and not going directly or via third party where get the best quote?

I know policy via agents can be little expensive (ateast for HDFC Ergo as I can see) but then I have a fundamental questions if having agents help in long term? For eg. do we needs agent's help in getting claim paper work submitted? Can they influence getting them processed faster? Are they better prepared for queries etc?

The question is in link to a personal policy which I am planning to purchase (over & above my Corporate Insurance). With my corporate policy I do have experience of claiming small amounts over the time.
Among other financial products, I do sell health insurance products as well to clients. There is no difference in terms of claims processing whether you do it directly or through an agent. You will also get discounts for online purchase of policy unlike through an agent.

Now that I have shot myeslf in the foot, here's the flip side: a good agent will be able to understand your needs and be able to advise you on which policy to go for including what riders will be favourable. The key here is having a good agent else all of this is a waste.

If you think you understand your financial situation and requirements and have a good understanding of what you are signing up for (think exclusions, etc.) then it is always cheaper to do it on your own. Cheaper isn't always better though. But that's for you to decide.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Among other financial products, I do sell health insurance products as well to clients. There is no difference in terms of claims processing whether you do it directly or through an agent. You will also get discounts for online purchase of policy unlike through an agent.

Now that I have shot myeslf in the foot, here's the flip side: a good agent will be able to understand your needs and be able to advise you on which policy to go for including what riders will be favourable. The key here is having a good agent else all of this is a waste.

If you think you understand your financial situation and requirements and have a good understanding of what you are signing up for (think exclusions, etc.) then it is always cheaper to do it on your own. Cheaper isn't always better though. But that's for you to decide.
Thanks @j_s for this honest and transparent feedback.

I think using the online services have got a good understanding. Let me explore and then decide.

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
I am looking for HDFC Ergo optima Super Secure health insurance plan with 10 lacs sum insured. This plan is not for 1 or 2 years. But we need to take it for 3 years compulsory.

I am 27 years old and my wife is 24 years old. Both are having corporate plan so opting for 50k deductibles. So I am getting this at 36,473₹ for 3 years with all discounts. For both yearly 12,158₹ in total.

And this 10 lacs sum insured is seperate for both. And after 2 years with 5x it will become 50 lacs. So in total 1 Cr. Sum issured.

Should I go for this policy and please suggest me for 50k deductibles? Should I opt it?
Or I need to go with Secure 4x

anonym

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
How is the Aditya Birla
Hello Folks,

Health Insurance policy purchased from Agent might be helpful in case of emergency and if there any discrepancy in your policy at the time of availing the insurance. You can compare the cost between getting the same policy directly vs getting it from an agent and then can take a call.

Personal Health insurance apart from Corporate insurance is very much recommended as corporate insurance generally cannot be continued after you leave that company, and if you get the personal insurance then you are still covered and need not to worry about the waiting period of the disease once the time passes.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Health Insurance policy purchased from Agent might be helpful in case of emergency and if there any discrepancy in your policy at the time of availing the insurance. You can compare the cost between getting the same policy directly vs getting it from an agent and then can take a call.

Personal Health insurance apart from Corporate insurance is very much recommended as corporate insurance generally cannot be continued after you leave that company, and if you get the personal insurance then you are still covered and need not to worry about the waiting period of the disease once the time passes.
Thank you for the comment.

Yes - quite clear that need Personal Health Insurance - over & above the corporate one....late realization & actioning I would say

Regarding help from agent, think even they can't do much in terms of discrepancy etc. Also for emergency, while they can intimate, in terms of paper-work etc, family only will have to do everything right? For eg. in cashless, insurance ask for documents now and then - say Dr letter etc. I believe family will need to get and submit to TPA deck themselves.

My query remains.. am I missing something in terms of support during policy period when it comes to claim (cashless and reimbursement).

Difference is 5% in premium for online (direct/via PB etc) and agent for HDFC

snjn

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thank you for the comment.

Yes - quite clear that need Personal Health Insurance - over & above the corporate one....late realization & actioning I would say

Regarding help from agent, think even they can't do much in terms of discrepancy etc. Also for emergency, while they can intimate, in terms of paper-work etc, family only will have to do everything right? For eg. in cashless, insurance ask for documents now and then - say Dr letter etc. I believe family will need to get and submit to TPA deck themselves.

My query remains.. am I missing something in terms of support during policy period when it comes to claim (cashless and reimbursement).

Difference is 5% in premium for online (direct/via PB etc) and agent for HDFC
Try to involve an Agent as they helps in creating back door pressure to these companies for fast processing and settlement.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am looking for HDFC Ergo optima Super Secure health insurance plan with 10 lacs sum insured. This plan is not for 1 or 2 years. But we need to take it for 3 years compulsory.

I am 27 years old and my wife is 24 years old. Both are having corporate plan so opting for 50k deductibles. So I am getting this at 36,473₹ for 3 years with all discounts. For both yearly 12,158₹ in total.

And this 10 lacs sum insured is seperate for both. And after 2 years with 5x it will become 50 lacs. So in total 1 Cr. Sum issured.

Should I go for this policy and please suggest me for 50k deductibles? Should I opt it?
Or I need to go with Secure 4x
Yes, Optima Super Secure is available only when you go for 3 yrs premium.

I am considering HDFC Optima Secure and so had read some details.

For your age and profile, the outflow is not much for 3 yrs and would suggest to go ahead as you get 5X vs 4X in terms of coverage. As well as get discount in premium. On deductible, I personally had considered 1L as amount (for a floater policy of 20L across 2A+1C)

A suggestion - why not 20L coverage, premium wouldn't be that high from 10L to 20L. And then you are set for decent cover.

Rocky Bhai

TF Legend
Care Supreme is the best health insurance plan currently in the market.
If you buy just this one plan there's no need of top up/super top up as well.

IMG_20230712_163548.jpg

IMG_20230712_163453.jpg

IMG_20230712_163510.jpg

Also recently added few features are -
1. Instant Cover - For Hypertension or Diabetes or Hyperlipidemia or
Asthma post initial wait period of 30 days

2. PED wait period modification -
You can reduce wait period of PEDs to 1/2/3yrs with one time additional premium.

I'm attaching plan pdf for reference.
Contact me if anyone wants to have more clarity for perticular case/person in your family.
Happy to help. 🙂
Care supreme Really good plan from care👌 health recently bought for my parents

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier

For your age and profile, the outflow is not much for 3 yrs and would suggest to go ahead as you get 5X vs 4X in terms of coverage. As well as get discount in premium. On deductible, I personally had considered 1L as amount (for a floater policy of 20L across 2A+1C)

A suggestion - why not 20L coverage, premium wouldn't be that high from 10L to 20L. And then you are set for decent cover.
Thank you sir for your guidance.

If I take 1 lac deductible and 20 lacs sum insured in family floater (not individual) then 3 years premium is 30,557₹ (yearly 10,186₹).

After 2 years sum insured will be 1 Cr with 5x benefit which is great.

So my question is don't you feel 1 lac deductible is a risky thing also corporate policy will be useful here? means it will be paying for that 1 lac amount or most from 1 lac amount hassle-free. I am asking this as I don't know how exactly this works.

I was thinking of 50k deductibles as I can afford this amount if corporate policy fails to pay it. And I believe I will not be using these claims every year. So opting for deductibles saves so much of premium.

Last edited:

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

If I take 1 lac deductible and 20 lacs sum insured in family floater (not individual) then 3 years premium is 30,557₹ (yearly 10,186₹).

So my question is don't you feel 1 lac deductible is a risky thing also corporate policy will be useful here? means it will be paying for that 1 lac amount or most from 1 lac amount hassle-free. I am asking this as I don't know how exactly this works.

I was thinking of 50k deductibles as I can afford this amount if corporate policy fails to pay it. And I believe I will not be using these claims every year. So opting for deductibles saves so much of premium.
Whether to take Family floater or Individual is your call. I took Family Floater because for my age group individual policy premiums are quite high.

On deductible, I considered 1 lacs because my Corporate Policy has coverage of 10L, so 1L will be fine. But then you need to decide basis your comfort, assumign worst case of what if you need to pay from own pocket.

Do note that, deductible once decided, say 50K or 1L, cannot be changed for next 5 years. And then one can change once every five years, till the age of 49 (the highest age aross all family members in floater).

Hope it helps.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

there is one catch - since base is lower and 3x extra when porting you can only use base of 10 lac

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Dude dont go for deductibles. Keep it 0.

It helps in smooth claim procesing

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I tried to buy care supreme few days back for my parents. Took this since there was an add on to remove waiting for certain pre existing conditions. This was as per suggestion made by Ditto agent. Took the policy and made the payment also.

However, the one lady called and took all the details of previous health conditions. Based on that they came up with counter offer and lot of exclusions. ditto agent suggested not to go ahead with this counter offer.

I am going to decline that now and will ask for refund. Will try Maniapal Cigna now. Also will try Acko since there seems to be no other option

HDFC Ergo wont work due to 3 years wait for pre existing ailments. Don't want to wait for 3 years in case of my parents