• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Interesting, not much info here on niva Bupa, any reason it is not here on your discussions? Coz I have that their reassure 2.0 policy to start with.
I have it on my excel comparison file, will look tomorrow why i prefered care and star and update you
It's very hard to decide because testimonials are rare to find because unlike other things, health insurance reviews are rare to find, as only 1 in a 100 might take a claim.
This is also true , everyone will say their plan is good untill they make a claim or their claim is smoothly processed

For the same plan someone may have different perspectives if their claim is rejected

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Thanks a lot for this. Just purchased this with 50L cover for 1/3rd the price of my renewal with ICICI Lombard through AmEx for 15L cover.
What's the catch in this policy? Is it exactly same that is sold vis amex/au bank?
Why would icici premium would be less if it's exactly the same policy, I don't think so policy is same

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
I have it on my excel comparison file, will look tomorrow why i prefered care and star and update you

This is also true , everyone will say their plan is good untill they make a claim or their claim is smoothly processed

For the same plan someone may have different perspectives if their claim is rejected
I was actually not pointing you, but In generally people doesn't seem to talk abt niva Bupa policy here, so was wondering what's the matter.

That is true, health insurances can't be rated by anyone easily ,interestingly, after they make a purchase, after all it's not a credit card or a TV. On one thread here, one person was asking a review from someone who just purchased a policy, my goodness how can he rate the policy so soon. And even if has to take a claim, then too the true review of the insurer/policy can't be known unless the claim amount is huge, thereafter the insurer-insured debate kicks in.

I have had some experience with a lot of insurers but all through corporate policies only. Interesting, acko turned out to be best in my experience, then icici Lombard, and other govt insurers. But since all of these were corporate policies, nothing could be drawn abt the insurer because corporate policies claim is a different game, insurers easily pass those claims.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
What's the catch in this policy? Is it exactly same that is sold vis amex/au bank?
Why would icici premium would be less if it's exactly the same policy, I don't think so policy is same
Today policybazzar guy told me policies taken from bank are group policies and are not eligible for port (dont know how true it is) but if at all its true, won't recommend you to take from bank

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
I was actually not pointing you, but In generally people doesn't seem to talk abt niva Bupa policy here, so was wondering what's the matter.

That is true, health insurances can't be rated by anyone easily ,interestingly, after they make a purchase, after all it's not a credit card or a TV. On one thread here, one person was asking a review from someone who just purchased a policy, my goodness how can he rate the policy so soon. And even if has to take a claim, then too the true review of the insurer/policy can't be known unless the claim amount is huge, thereafter the insurer-insured debate kicks in.

I have had some experience with a lot of insurers but all through corporate policies only. Interesting, acko turned out to be best in my experience, then icici Lombard, and other govt insurers. But since all of these were corporate policies, nothing could be drawn abt the insurer because corporate policies claim is a different game, insurers easily pass those claims.
For corporate policies, insurance company may even process fake claims but for individual policies they will completely harass the policy holder by asking different documents and finding excuses to escape

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Thanks, will be watching this weekend.
Is Rocky Bhai an insurance agent or guru here?
Time to lock horns with Rocky Bhai and ditch panda
@Rocky Bhai has ported his insurance for his gold mines to Care Supreme from Star health and did a lot of study doing that

On TF you, you can't ditch 🐼
🐼 expertise on everything that is there on TF
Just give a call and get the best insurance advisor at your service

Rocky Bhai

TF Legend
Policybazzar has offered me below two offers, which looks really lucrative
Need expert advice on these

1. They will get additional loading on premium waived off based on their relations with insurance company
They are giving this guarantee before buying the policy
(Additional premium is generally loaded for aged people based on their medical condition)
My existing insurance is with Icici lombard which i am porting now, they had added 50% loading when i bought this policy so most likely new company will also add some loading hence this looks good offer to me

2. They are providing no cost emi for 18 months, I am thinking to take that offer and cancle the emi as we do to reap NCEMI benefits from Amazon/Flipkart

P.s. I have read bad reviews for policybazzar, I spoke with the get more idea about porting

I am also gone discuss these with Ditto executive

I am comparing Star Health Comprehensive and Care Supreme now, if you have any opinions on these, pl. let me know
No idea about policy bazar . But I suggest go with companies that are already doing great in health care sector

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
@Rocky Bhai has ported his insurance for his gold mines to Care Supreme from Star health and did a lot of study doing that

On TF you, you can't ditch 🐼
🐼 expertise on everything that is there on TF
Just give a call and get the best insurance advisor at your service
🐼 Expertise mostly around English literature and the way with words. That is a tonic to which many get addicted and blindly follow him, now 🐼 is influencing others to follow a greedy foolish route to infinia and alas the ultimate glory. All this for just the tag.

I don't think 🐼 has it what it takes to be an all rounder, 🐼 needs a translator for petty silly Hindi, gets offended by memes and more importantly blocked me from the first word go. Now after the ferroe island episode, he is even more furrayed.

@Rocky Bhai seems different, let me watch his film to know him better. Btw I am a knowledgeable person in insurance domain too and has recently applied to work as part time agent. Hence rocky Bhai in , panda out