• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

Rocky Bhai

TF Legend
Yup, I have max Bupa policy already, but I have to purchase one more, what is your suggestion rocky Bhai? I am just concerned abt the claim, it should be as fast as possible , without ifs and buts.
I have shortlisted hdfc ergo so far
My personal choice care health. Not promoting any health insurance company here. If you're preferred hospital is listed in cashless network and and no complications in disease there will be no hassle for claim
As hospitals do it for themselves. Go for companies with good customer support 🙂.
There will be always ifs and buts for critical diseases at some point which is okay as majority claim is covered.
Go with any reputed health insurance companies as companies are heavily investing in health sector for more opportunities.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
What's the catch in this policy? Is it exactly same that is sold vis amex/au bank?
no catch. this is not the only healthcare company that amex ties up with. in the other tie-ups also, those company inflate the price by a huge margin.

we know amex's cs power. as discussed in this thread above, insurers bend over for corporate policies, similarly amex will put pressure on the insurer on our behalf. and everything goes through amex cc iirc, so no hassle of dealing with the shitty insurer's cc.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
no catch. this is not the only healthcare company that amex ties up with. in the other tie-ups also, those company inflate the price by a huge margin.

we know amex's cs power. as discussed in this thread above, insurers bend over for corporate policies, similarly amex will put pressure on the insurer on our behalf. and everything goes through amex cc iirc, so no hassle of dealing with the shitty insurer's cc.
Policybazzar executive told me that policies taken from bank are group policies and we can not port (if required in future)

Is that true?

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
Policybazzar executive told me that policies taken from bank are group policies and we can not port (if required in future)

Is that true?
correct. bancassurance is not portable, even to the same insurer's normal individual plan (unless the bank & insurer specifically offer you the same, usually done when that plan b/w bank & insurer is discontinued)

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
officially, per irdai, porting needs to be allowed between similar plans (individual -> individual, not group -> individual). but it can be offered by the insurers for non-similar transfers under their discretion (only within the insurer). i've yet to see a non-similar cross-insurer porting.

Last edited:

CD.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a query - I bought HDFC optima secure through an agent who gave me back the extra 5% charged using him vs online (5% discount).

Now, i want to know at time of renewal will my premium be always 5% higher and i need to ask agent to give me back 5%.

Or can i convert this policy to agent free and reduce premium by 5% directly? Will HDFC ergo do it

I am also happy to see that HDFC hasnt raised the premium prices much in last 2 years

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Lombard won't recommend because they increased premium on my policy every by 40-50%
Hdfc ergo is renowned player and has good claim settlement ratio
Care is good package with less premium
Try icici lombard group insurance for icici customers. I got 50l policy for three people for 12k premium

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Today policybazzar guy told me policies taken from bank are group policies and are not eligible for port (dont know how true it is) but if at all its true, won't recommend you to take from bank
Yes i also couldn't port my existing care to icici lombard group insurance. But rate is one fifth. Also porting beneficial only if insured has some pre existing disease in waitlist period

Last edited:

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Try icici lombard group insurance for icici customers. I got 50l policy for three people for 12k premium
Looks awesome, will icici bank help with claims as well?

I can consider taking this as additional policy along with some basic individual policy (may be from gov. companies with less premium ) so that i do not loose waiting period/ port benefits

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Yes i also couldn't port my existing care to icici lombard group insurance. But rate is one fifth. Also sporting beneficial only if insured has some pre existing disease in waitlist period
Do you mean there is no waiting period on this plan for PEDs?

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Looks awesome, will icici bank help with claims as well?

I can consider taking this as additional policy along with some basic individual policy (may be from gov. companies with less premium ) so that i do not loose waiting period/ port benefits
Yes you can take this as additional though they don't offer separate top up plans as rates are already low. It's same icici lombard only but group insurance. Earlier it was offered to only icici bank employees but since last year has been ectended to customers also

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
This is the current premium rate list
You are saying this policy offered to u by icci is the same as the one which is offered to icici employees too.. in that case won't the pre existing diseases be covered in the policy (from day1) and no waiting period on any disease..like is the case with any corporate policy?