• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

best customer care other than Amex / Citi

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
Hi TF community,

Was curious to check and find which bank offers best customer care other than Amex. With Citi gone, it feels like we're only left with Amex however with acceptability issues. Had Citi salary account which had to be closed.

Created thread for people who are looking for peace of mind knowing bank/ card CC will have their back. Focus is not on rewards or cashback. What I'm aware is HDFC Infinia/ DCB Black offers good and knowledgeable customer support.

Thread is not just for credit card but also debit card holders to identify banks in which customer care is good and one can open a savings account, etc.

Also, if similar thread is available, kindly merge or delete this thread, created this thread as I couldn't find one.

Thanks folks, good day ahead.

DocFixIt

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi TF community,

Was curious to check and find which bank offers best customer care other than Amex. With Citi gone, it feels like we're only left with Amex however with acceptability issues. Had Citi salary account which had to be closed.

Created thread for people who are looking for peace of mind knowing bank/ card CC will have their back. Focus is not on rewards or cashback. What I'm aware is HDFC Infinia/ DCB Black offers good and knowledgeable customer support.

Thread is not just for credit card but also debit card holders to identify banks in which customer care is good and one can open a savings account, etc.

Also, if similar thread is available, kindly merge or delete this thread, created this thread as I couldn't find one.

IDFC customer care are good

Worst is icici - waiting period is longer than sbi bank branch cash deposit line

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi TF community,

if i say anything there will be many rebuttals :).. I say SCB, IDFC, Kotak, HSBC .. with all services done via RM.. Customer care is iffy for all. Will vary per branch / location / RM.. I have had good experience with Indus and ICICI as well.. its all on luck.. you cannot generalise unfortunately

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
if i say anything there will be many rebuttals :).. I say SCB, IDFC, Kotak, HSBC .. with all services done via RM.. Customer care is iffy for all. Will vary per branch / location / RM.. I have had good experience with Indus and ICICI as well.. its all on luck.. you cannot generalise unfortunately
RM shall be good if you've savings account however this won't apply to folks only holding credit card of that bank. Thanks however, points were noted.

Reactions: SSV

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
IDFC customer care are good

Worst is icici - waiting period is longer than sbi bank branch cash deposit line
IDFC - they can be good however most of them are not knowledgeable.

I once asked CC, if someone has IDFC select debit card and purchase amazon gift voucher of 500 INR from amazon, is he eligible to receive insurance benefits and all they could answer was to receive insurance benefits linked with card, you need to do 1 transaction of 500 INR in preceding month.

DocFixIt

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
IDFC - they can be good however most of them are not knowledgeable.

I once asked CC, if someone has IDFC select debit card and purchase amazon gift voucher of 500 INR from amazon, is he eligible to receive insurance benefits and all they could answer was to receive insurance benefits linked with card, you need to do 1 transaction of 500 INR in preceding month.
For banking program product ..
They aren't trained .rm are

They just are expertise in 25k mostly &10k segment account ..
Other than that they r clueless sometimes .
But good thing is you can request customer care for call back from branch . entire branch will call you one by one 🥸

Heehaahee

TF Premier
Hi TF community,

Not HDFC and Axis .

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
For banking program product ..
They aren't trained .rm are

They just are expertise in 25k mostly &10k segment account ..
Other than that they r clueless sometimes .
But good thing is you can request customer care for call back from branch . entire branch will call you one by one 🥸
My experience was different with RM,

scene: opened FD account with 2k for my sister to get IDFC Wow cc to generate CIBIL for her, however 2k was obviously less so planned to open another FD of 30k to merge with wow card and asked RM to merge the credit limit. RM responded this is not possible.

Connected with customer care, they shared a link and got my total FD's merged to credit card limit.

DocFixIt

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My experience was different with RM,

scene: opened FD account with 2k for my sister to get IDFC Wow cc to generate CIBIL for her, however 2k was obviously less so planned to open another FD of 30k to merge with wow card and asked RM to merge the credit limit. RM responded this is not possible.

Connected with customer care, they shared a link and got my total FD's merged to credit card limit.
New to bank rm are useless unless they are emotionally intelligent 🧠