• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank of Baroda digging it's own grave

doraemon

TF Legend
So recently Bob started onboarding new customers on their bob world app
But their is a strange issue in which customers are not able to generate virtual debit card through app
On Bob bro/lite account

I raised a complaint to them on 19/05
That's what I wrote
Hello Bob team, i am trying to create a virtual card for my account but upon selecting the account number I am getting error "virtual card not available for account variant" kindly help me out in that

Their reply on 21/05
Dear Sir/Madam, Kindly note debit card has been dispatched on date 12-Mar-24 through Speed Post number at customer mailing address. Kindly track your Consignment Number using below link: Thanks and Regards.

Now see what I asked what they replied

Now on 23/05

I have wrote to them

There is a misunderstanding I am trying to generate a virtual debit card through bob world app but everytime it's throwing error Not available for this account variant But your website does not mentioned any exclusion with respect to account variants for being eligible to generate virtual debit card Kindly help me out Otherwise I will have no option other than to escalate this with RBI ombudsman On grounds of deficiency of service from your side

Their reply on 24/05

Dear Sir/Madam, Kindly note that said account is opened under scheme Code SB 196 BOB LITE SAVINGS ACCOUNT only physical Rupay Platinum Debit Card request can be raised through bob World App or bob World Internet or by visiting your home branch. Thanks and Regards.

On 26/05 I wrote,

I am unable to generate a virtual debit card for my BOB Lite Savings Account (Scheme Code SB 196). Your website and welcome letter do not mention any exclusions. Please refer to the link: https://www.bankofbaroda.in/personal-banking/digital-products/cards/debit-cards/virtual-debit-card. Kindly resolve this issue or clarify the policy change. If unresolved, I will escalate to the RBI Ombudsman due to misinformation and service deficiency.Best regards,

Received reply on 27/05
Dear Sir/Madam, Kindly share the error screen shot details at debitcard@bankofbaroda.com for further analysis.Thanks and Regards.

Anyone willing to raise complaint can use this

I will keep updating this with new updates

Last edited:

praful47

TF Ace
But their is a strange issue in which customers are not able to generate virtual debit card through app
On Bob bro/lite account

That's what I wrote
Hello Bob team, i am trying to create a virtual card for my account but upon selecting the account number I am getting error "virtual card not available for account variant" kindly help me out in that

Their reply on 21/05
Dear Sir/Madam, Kindly note debit card has been dispatched on date 12-Mar-24 through Speed Post number at customer mailing address. Kindly track your Consignment Number using below link: Thanks and Regards.

Now on 23/05

I have wrote to them

There is a misunderstanding I am trying to generate a virtual debit card through bob world app but everytime it's throwing error Not available for this account variant But your website does not mentioned any exclusion with respect to account variants for being eligible to generate virtual debit card Kindly help me out Otherwise I will have no option other than to escalate this with RBI ombudsman On grounds of deficiency of service from your side

You wrote email or complaint on their website?

pinki

TF Ace
On Bob bro/lite account

That's what I wrote

Their reply on 21/05

Now on 23/05

I have wrote to them

We all r with u bro 🙌 keep going

Jab tak virtual dc n de tb tk bamboo hona chahiye 😈

#aniket

TF Ace
On Bob bro/lite account

That's what I wrote

Their reply on 21/05

Now on 23/05

I have wrote to them

So BOB mein alag se Virtual card generate karna padta hai kya?

Jo card dispatched huwa Physical wala wo virtually show nahi kar raha ya alag se dusra?

Dher sara customer care executives ka yehe problem rehta hai untrained and unprofessional rehte hain, bina padhe, bina question ko address karte huwe generic reply dete rehte hai...🤡

Ok, we will be waiting for further updates.

#aniket

TF Ace
Bro, I have a gut feeling that they will allow VDC only on other account types and sneakily update TnC
So abhi terms and conditions ka screenshot and screen recording karke rakh lijiye baad mein kaam aayega...jada compensation claim karne mein 😂

Tejo

TF Legend
On Bob bro/lite account

That's what I wrote

Their reply on 21/05

Now on 23/05

I have wrote to them

Anyone willing to raise complaint can use this

RBI BO - It's not big Issue, we are disposing the complaint under clause xxxx
Us - 😔 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍ 🏡