• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Credit Card Mobile Number Change Problem

Shraaj

TF Premier
I applied for an Airtel Axis credit card from my Sister's Mobile Number (PAN, Aadhar and all Details were mine) When I received the card, I Changed the Mobile Number from the Axis Mobile App, and after 3 hrs I got an email and SMS that My New Number is Updated and now the issue is when I called to customer care they only recognizing OLD Number while calling. I researched about it and then found out that Axis Bank Changes Mobile Numbers only at the OTP Level. That is the reason I can't use the Mobile App with the new mobile number because they have 2 more Options in which we need to update the mobile number i.e. WORK Address and Permanent Address.

I have earlier faced this issue with the Flipkart axis also when my dad had a card and I updated it via the app, then OTP came to my number but Mobile App I can't register because On the Primary Level Dad's Number is there!

Guys, Please Post your views!

What to do now? Contacted Customer Care they said to visit a branch, and after visiting branch the executive told me he doesn't have option (what a rubbish employee they have)

Last edited:

chandutla

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I applied for an Airtel Axis credit card from my Sister's Mobile Number (PAN, Aadhar and all Details were mine) When I received the card, I Changed the Mobile Number from the Axis Mobile App, and after 3 hrs I got an email and SMS that My New Number is Updated and now the issue is when I called to customer care they only recognizing OLD Number while calling. I researched about it and then found out that Axis Bank Changes Mobile Numbers only at the OTP Level. That is the reason I can't use the Mobile App with the new mobile number because they have 2 more Options in which we need to update the mobile number i.e. WORK Address and Permanent Address.

I have earlier faced this issue with the Flipkart axis also when my dad had a card and I updated it via the app, then OTP came to my number but Mobile App I can't register because On the Primary Level Dad's Number is there!

What to do now? Contacted Customer Care they said to visit a branch, and after visiting branch the executive told me he doesn't have option (what a rubbish employee they have)
Wait for 1 or 2 days, the new phone number will be updated in all axis records. I did the same 2 days back, the new number is active now for OTP and axis mobile recognises the new phone number.

Shraaj

TF Premier
Wait for 1 or 2 days, the new phone number will be updated in all axis records. I did the same 2 days back, the new number is active now for OTP and axis mobile recognises the new phone number.
Ok, Go to Internet Banking and Go to Profile Section and see whether your NEW Mobile Number is showing or OLD. Because the App shows NEW and Internet Banking Shows OLD. Please Post the Screenshot! I will appreciate it! Thanks!

paresh22

TF Ace
Ok, Go to Internet Banking and Go to Profile Section and see whether your NEW Mobile Number is showing or OLD. Because the App shows NEW and Internet Banking Shows OLD. Please Post the Screenshot! I will appreciate it! Thanks!
This is my personal experience based that I have only Credit card relationship with Axis. Whatever information you see about email and mobile in Internet banking is like customer id level. But in app I think it takes credit card level information. The internet banking information is the first information that Axis received when you first applied for credit card but then if you apply other credit card from other mobile then it changes for all credit cards mobile number but new mobile number not visible in internet banking. You can give CRF form to nearest Axis branch and ask them to update for specific credit card or customer id level. This update may take few days to reflect.

Strange

TF Legend

Wait for 48 hours.

rockyBalboa

TF Premier

Please update, if your issue has been resolved now? If yes how? It will help me and other future applicants.

Shraaj

TF Premier
Please update, if your issue has been resolved now? If yes how? It will help me and other future applicants.
Go to Branch and Update ,My issues has only been resolved from there!

If you go to Online Updating then Only Temporary Mobile Number will update for OTP and Mobile App but for CIBIL Your Old number will still there and to remove that you need to visit branch

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
Go to Branch and Update ,My issues has only been resolved from there!

If you go to Online Updating then Only Temporary Mobile Number will update for OTP and Mobile App but for CIBIL Your Old number will still there and to remove that you need to visit branch
Thanks. How did you update in CIBIL also? Is there a specific form for that in the branch?

Shraaj

TF Premier
Nope,As soon as I receive my card on the same day I changed my number from the Axis App but as we all know it's a Temporary Registration so,for Permanent Registration Of Updation of Mobile Number go to axis Bank and tell them I have to change my credit card mobile number then they will provide you a Service Request Form and sign on it and within 3-4 working days it will get updated.

Also,It depends on your timeline like I got my card in the end of Month but till then axis didn't reported that I have a credit card so in coming days they will updating it so,I utilised there gap period and updated as fast as i can

paresh22

TF Ace
Nope,As soon as I receive my card on the same day I changed my number from the Axis App but as we all know it's a Temporary Registration so,for Permanent Registration Of Updation of Mobile Number go to axis Bank and tell them I have to change my credit card mobile number then they will provide you a Service Request Form and sign on it and within 3-4 working days it will get updated.

Also,It depends on your timeline like I got my card in the end of Month but till then axis didn't reported that I have a credit card so in coming days they will updating it so,I utilised there gap period and updated as fast as i can
You should be lucky person but I see Axis reports to CIBIL any change in mobile number, home/office address before card gets approved. Your processing of card should be exceptional here.

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
You should be lucky person but I see Axis reports to CIBIL any change in mobile number, home/office address before card gets approved. Your processing of card should be exceptional here.
Although even I wouldn't want my family member's number to reflect on my CIBIL and will try to avoid it but just wondering even if it's reflected then what consequences it may have on my CIBIL or future credit applications?

paresh22

TF Ace
Although even I wouldn't want my family member's number to reflect on my CIBIL and will try to avoid it but just wondering even if it's reflected then what consequences it may have on my CIBIL or future credit applications?
I don't think there will be any problem if its family member's number on CIBIL report.
Also do check

I will actually worry if ownership of any mobile number in my CIBIL report goes to someone else. e.g. you got new mobile number and old become available for anyone to own it.

insight

TF Ace
I don't think there will be any problem if its family member's number on CIBIL report.
Also do check

I will actually worry if ownership of any mobile number in my CIBIL report goes to someone else. e.g. you got new mobile number and old become available for anyone to own it.
Interesting paradigms. Noted.

Shraaj

TF Premier
Update My previous mobile number is also listed on my CIBIL report as Axis Bank reported it to CIBIL. After applying for an Axis Airtel Card through my sister's mobile number, her number is now listed as my contact information on my CIBIL report. @insight @rockyBalboa