• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank sending notice for clarification regarding customer's travel spends on atlas

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Axis Bank today sent notices to many of its Atlas credit card customers requesting clarification and invoices regarding their "travel category spends". Axis Atlas is a travel-focused credit card, so it's surprising that the bank is asking for invoices and clarification for travel category expenses over the past few months. A few days ago, Axis Bank deducted Edge Miles and Edge Reward Points from some customers' reward accounts, citing business transactions. Now, they are requesting clarification on affected customers' travel spends within the next 30 days, otherwise, the bank will cancel their credit cards.

Here, I'm attaching a copy of the notice email:

Screenshot 2024.png

Many genuine Atlas customers have been affected by this move. Some people just spent under 10k on travel categories and received clarification notices. I can understand Axis's desire to eliminate abusers from their customer list, but troubling genuine customers is unacceptable. This is the main reason I didn't add the Axis Magnus Burgundy credit card/Axis Magnus credit card to our list of the best credit cards for 2024. While it may offer good rewards, it's not reliable at all. Axis should revert to their old credit card reward system as they are not capable of running a reward system with airmiles transfer partners.
For peace of mind, stay away from Axis Bank credit cards.

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
keep checking your travel edge account daily, they have unblocked some accounts.
Ya, i'm checking it randomly but no luck yet. Even that last reply isn't yet a confirmation of unblocking so donno what they might come up with now. Just a check basis what they've said so need to see. Though was checking some posts that in many cases where they've sent this 5 days wala reply, people have got it unblocked. So hoping for the best.

Suneha

TF Buzz
My rewards account got unblocked today. They had called yesterday and said it'll be unblocked in 3 days.
Invoices was shared 10 days back.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please dont leave them easily. Fight for it, planning to raise a rbi ombudsman complain. They are just doing this to minimize their losses, its their mistake not ours. We used our card in correct way. Can someone help me with the section under which rbi ombudsman complaint can be raised for this?
have you raised with axis first? u will need that step for rbi

After sending all documents and getting ghosted saying we are checking documents for almost 10 days there is effectively no update besides keep waiting, if you call support they say work with email team. I am cancelling my magnus immediately, not sure if atlas is also worth the hassle after devaluation and such horrible support, will consider seriously taking this to RBI if this continues.

nrj1007

TF Premier
After sending all documents and getting ghosted saying we are checking documents for almost 10 days there is effectively no update besides keep waiting, if you call support they say work with email team. I am cancelling my magnus immediately, not sure if atlas is also worth the hassle after devaluation and such horrible support, will consider seriously taking this to RBI if this continues.
Do you have cred transactions?

Last edited:

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think no issue with cred transactions I did around 70k worth sent everything including accor hotels invoices and indigo,they r catching travel agents mainly who book in bulk
There is no logic. Seems like some trainees have been deployed to do screening post a crash course.

achaiah13

TF Buzz
My account got unblocked, 3 days after sharing all the genuine invoices.. They had asked for Air Asia(did not have any), Akasa, Accor, Indigo (had booked for myself and my friends for a conference) & Marriott.
I had mailed the Customer service desk and PNO requesting for names of the merchants. Based on what they had specifically asked for, I provided the same and it got unblocked.

nrj1007

TF Premier
I got a response that i did not send all the invoice, but i had sent all the invoice asked. They arent unblocking, replied them back to send the merchant name for which they need invoice. I had cred transaction via intermiles
I got the same response. Did they reply about the merchant name?

piyush.pgi

TF Buzz
After edge account unblocked any one got pending miles?
I got for the transaction made 3 days back but not for the old transactions. I raised my concern today over call and they confirmed that I would get them by next week Wednesday.

Let's see what is the outcome.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got for the transaction made 3 days back but not for the old transactions. I raised my concern today over call and they confirmed that I would get them by next week Wednesday.

Let's see what is the outcome.
Same with me. ER account unblocked on 21st and didn't get the points for transactions for time between blockage happened and 21st.