• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank sending notice for clarification regarding customer's travel spends on atlas

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Axis Bank today sent notices to many of its Atlas credit card customers requesting clarification and invoices regarding their "travel category spends". Axis Atlas is a travel-focused credit card, so it's surprising that the bank is asking for invoices and clarification for travel category expenses over the past few months. A few days ago, Axis Bank deducted Edge Miles and Edge Reward Points from some customers' reward accounts, citing business transactions. Now, they are requesting clarification on affected customers' travel spends within the next 30 days, otherwise, the bank will cancel their credit cards.

Here, I'm attaching a copy of the notice email:

Screenshot 2024.png

Many genuine Atlas customers have been affected by this move. Some people just spent under 10k on travel categories and received clarification notices. I can understand Axis's desire to eliminate abusers from their customer list, but troubling genuine customers is unacceptable. This is the main reason I didn't add the Axis Magnus Burgundy credit card/Axis Magnus credit card to our list of the best credit cards for 2024. While it may offer good rewards, it's not reliable at all. Axis should revert to their old credit card reward system as they are not capable of running a reward system with airmiles transfer partners.
For peace of mind, stay away from Axis Bank credit cards.

piyush.pgi

TF Buzz
whoever did transaction on Cred/Intermiles, those accounts are still blocked, other than transaction are unblocked. (As per few above posts)
I had 2 small value transactions on CRED and Intermiles (just for the partial payment for miles redemption) and I shared them the screenshot explaining the transaction. My account was unblocked on Thursday.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had 2 small value transactions on CRED and Intermiles (just for the partial payment for miles redemption) and I shared them the screenshot explaining the transaction. My account was unblocked on Thursday.
Did you got the points for pending transactions (if any) post unblocking?

techt

TF Legend
where you used your card ?
You too got notices ?
Shaun The Sheep What GIF by Aardman Animations

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had got a call & then a mail post that from the premium desk on Sunday. This was after sharing invoices on Friday / Saturday.. 1-2 days earlier. The executive told that for now I need not share more documents & that he's raising a request to check the feasibility of reward unblocking. He also told the usual 5 working days timeline to update the next steps/status. No update since.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had got a call & then a mail post that from the premium desk on Sunday. This was after sharing invoices on Friday / Saturday.. 1-2 days earlier. The executive told that for now I need not share more documents & that he's raising a request to check the feasibility of reward unblocking. He also told the usual 5 working days timeline to update the next steps/status. No update since.
keep checking your travel edge account daily, they have unblocked some accounts.