• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank sending notice for clarification regarding customer's travel spends on atlas

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Axis Bank today sent notices to many of its Atlas credit card customers requesting clarification and invoices regarding their "travel category spends". Axis Atlas is a travel-focused credit card, so it's surprising that the bank is asking for invoices and clarification for travel category expenses over the past few months. A few days ago, Axis Bank deducted Edge Miles and Edge Reward Points from some customers' reward accounts, citing business transactions. Now, they are requesting clarification on affected customers' travel spends within the next 30 days, otherwise, the bank will cancel their credit cards.

Here, I'm attaching a copy of the notice email:

Screenshot 2024.png

Many genuine Atlas customers have been affected by this move. Some people just spent under 10k on travel categories and received clarification notices. I can understand Axis's desire to eliminate abusers from their customer list, but troubling genuine customers is unacceptable. This is the main reason I didn't add the Axis Magnus Burgundy credit card/Axis Magnus credit card to our list of the best credit cards for 2024. While it may offer good rewards, it's not reliable at all. Axis should revert to their old credit card reward system as they are not capable of running a reward system with airmiles transfer partners.
For peace of mind, stay away from Axis Bank credit cards.

piyush.pgi

TF Buzz
My account is Unlocked too, infamous 5 business day E-mail came on last Friday and then on Thursday, I could see my reward points both in app and traveledge.

There was no mail or call confirming that the account is unlocked. PNO again mentioned that they need 3 more days (third extension request from their side.)

Did they informed you via call/email that it is unblocked or you just noticed that yourself by logging in.
No calls. I received an email that:

Thank you for banking with us.

We would like to inform you that your Service Request no. xxx for activation of Edge account has been processed successfully.

Always open to help you.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My account is Unlocked too, infamous 5 business day E-mail came on last Friday and then on Thursday, I could see my reward points both in app and traveledge.

There was no mail or call confirming that the account is unlocked. PNO again mentioned that they need 3 more days (third extension request from their side.)
Somewhat similar. My account got unblocked yesterday after submitting invoices last Sunday. But neither 5 day email nor confirmation on unblocking received yet.

vseera

TF Buzz

Same for me. Clueless PNO sent an email stating they would need an additional 3 days AFTER I have received an email from Premium services team already telling me the account is unblocked.

Anyway, my account is now unblocked as well and all points redeemed already.

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Somewhat similar. My account got unblocked yesterday after submitting invoices last Sunday. But neither 5 day email nor confirmation on unblocking received yet.
now i got email that they want another 10 days to process. do you have cred transaction?

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got a response that i did not send all the invoice, but i had sent all the invoice asked. They arent unblocking, replied them back to send the merchant name for which they need invoice. I had cred transaction via intermiles

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please dont leave them easily. Fight for it, planning to raise a rbi ombudsman complain. They are just doing this to minimize their losses, its their mistake not ours. We used our card in correct way. Can someone help me with the section under which rbi ombudsman complaint can be raised for this?

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please dont leave them easily. Fight for it, planning to raise a rbi ombudsman complain. They are just doing this to minimize their losses, its their mistake not ours. We used our card in co
Please dont leave them easily. Fight for it, planning to raise a rbi ombudsman complain. They are just doing this to minimize their losses, its their mistake not ours. We used our card in correct way. Can someone help me with the section under which rbi ombudsman complaint can be raised for this?

Don't worry, Just keep patience to fight with them.
Strategy would be to approach Ombudsman if they don't unfreeze travel edge and then to approach court.
We all move to the court collectively.

kapsshah42

TF Buzz
I raised a complaint to atleast unblock magnus rewards as all the dispute is with regards to the Atlas.So got a revert stating that since the redemption is linked all are blocked so sent a strongly worded mail to premium experience team and pno about it.As they do not have a valid reason to block magnus rewards as we are maintaing burgundy relationship and cards are hardly 3-4 months hold.Its because of their internal system not our fault for magnus rewards block.I suggest all whose magnus points are blocked along with edgemiles can send a mail to premium exp and pno.This will create pressure to them to release magnus rewards atleast before devalve kicks in.

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They have replied again asking to wait for stipulated time when it has already been more than 7 working days

They haven’t even mentioned if they need further information. I have replied asking for atleast concrete dates. Any suggestions on whether to wait or escalate to pno ? Thanks

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They have replied again asking to wait for stipulated time when it has already been more than 7 working days

They haven’t even mentioned if they need further information. I have replied asking for atleast concrete dates. Any suggestions on whether to wait or escalate to pno ? Thanks
That's a delay tactics by bank.

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Mostly they wont unblock. Be ready with rbi ombudsman complain. Pno i doubt would help since they only redirect back to premium, it just delays the resolution