• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank saving to salary

yb24

TF Premier
Hey folks,I opened axis savings account in Jan 2024 online and I want to convert it into salary account but my company has no relationship with axis bank and on axis bank app my company is also not showing how can I do it or if I don't convert it and get salary into it will I receive pre-approved offers or should I take a salary in my ICICI privelege bank account

_amit_

TF Premier
Private banks are not creating/converting salary account without corporate tie ups which in your case. This has been my experience.

Salary account sometimes helps but you will get pre-approved CC offers with savings too. Sometimes it depends on the AMB/AQB maintained and also on the variant type, however with time you will be able to request higher variant CCs.

Create salary bank account where your company has tie-ups. Tie-ups depending on the company relationship can help a lot in CCs and loans.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
it or if I don't convert it and get salary into it will I receive pre-approved offers or should I take a salary in my ICICI privelege bank account
You don’t need to make this account as salary account to get pre approved offers..
A normal savings account is fine for pre approved offers

Case 1)
If you already hold any axis CC, the pre approved offers will start appearing soon..

Case 2) if you don’t have any Axis CC.
Please be advised to apply for Flipkart CC from Flipkart App . This will be easily approved .
What this will do, it will speed up your pre approved offers to appear in the App.

or Call Axis Customer Care and ask for any pre approved offers exist, if not exists ask for My zone or Neo LTF..
Most likely they will offer you one of these cards , considering FY end period happening now..
Or you can apply for the same from the app/ website..

All the best

Last edited:

yb24

TF Premier
You don’t need to make this account as salary account to get pre approved offers..
A normal savings account is fine for pre approved offers

Case 1)
If you already hold any axis CC, the pre approved offers will start appearing soon..

Case 2) if you don’t have any Axis CC.
Please be advised to apply for Flipkart CC from Flipkart App . This will be easily approved .
What this will do, it will speed up your pre approved offers to appear in the App.

or Call Axis Customer Care and ask for any pre approved offers exist, if now exists ask for My zone or Neo LTF..
Most likely they will offer you one of these cards , considering FY end period happening now..
Or you can apply for the same from the app/ website..

All the best
Thanks for your reply,I already had flipkart axis card which I got in Jan the main issue is I don't want to pay 590 charges of easy access debit card which they give on online account opening to axis bank as I have hdfc millenia dc and other cards also.I am thinking to close only axis bank account and opening new axis bank account offline as transaction message don't come on my number and I had visited the branch multiple times

_amit_

TF Premier
May I know why are you interested in Axis bank that you want to open a new account after closing existing one?

Maybe use another bank if there is no specific reason.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your reply,I already had flipkart axis card which I got in Jan the main issue is I don't want to pay 590 charges of easy access debit card which they give on online account opening to axis bank as I have hdfc millenia dc and other cards also.I am thinking to close only axis bank account and opening new axis bank account offline as transaction message don't come on my number and I had visited the branch multiple times
This is completely in contrast to what you asked in your first question…
I am out from here…
I don’t know what will be revealed in your next post

_amit_

TF Premier
See what you did. He is angry now. Now you might have to close your only Axis Flipkart to make him come back. (Assuming its your only Axis bank card and no more surprises)

This is the way

yb24

TF Premier
Private banks are not creating/converting salary account without corporate tie ups which in your case. This has been my experience.

Salary account sometimes helps but you will get pre-approved CC offers with savings too. Sometimes it depends on the AMB/AQB maintained and also on the variant type, however with time you will be able to request higher variant CCs.

Create salary bank account where your company has tie-ups. Tie-ups depending on the company relationship can help a lot in CCs and loans.
I have a rural branch account,does it affect

_amit_

TF Premier
I have a rural branch account,does it affect
No.

Corporate tie-ups provide good business to banks so they even ask employee to ask company to create a tie-ups. This makes business with the company in continuity. You will find that many company employees receive mid or premium cards as LTF too, like Atlas or Select is offered LTF to some company employees.

For pre-approved offers only as there credit cards are quite good
That's subjective.

Also you already have one of their cards so you will get pre-approved offers regardless of any account be it either savings or salary.
Salary account is not special in terms of card unless your company has some offerings as mentioned above.

MONEY

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Correct , In my experience no bank is opening salary account without company tieup.