• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas Axis Atlas Incorrect Rent Transaction Fee

aj204~

TF Buzz
I stayed at 2 hotels in my recent Dubai trip -

JW Marriott Marquis, Downtown
W Hotel Abu Dhabi

For some reason both these bill payments were ineligible for 5X rewards or milestone calculation. When I raised a dispute on Axis App - I got below response

1714808621889.png

Need your suggestion if there is any possible way to get this corrected from Axis?

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

W Hotel Abu Dhabi

For some reason both these bill payments were ineligible for 5X rewards or milestone calculation. When I raised a dispute on Axis App - I got below response

1714808621889.png

Need your suggestion if there is any possible way to get this corrected from Axis?
Nothing surprising. First, u should have checked the mcc code of pos where u swiped ur card.

drsel

TF Legend
You need to be sure of the MCC code.
for this you need to disable transactions and then swipe your card
it will fail
then phone axis premium support to ask for the MCC code and if it is hotel category only then proceed

drsel

TF Legend
it will fail
then phone axis premium support to ask for the MCC code and if it is hotel category only then proceed
Axis is not responsible if the merchant has got a non Hotel MCC code and Axis cannot do anything about it

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
it will fail
Is this really doable every time? Especially while checking out of the hotel?

W Hotel Abu Dhabi

Try fighting out with Axis by providing real invoices (like they asked). If they help great, otherwise you will have to let this go.

Dubai is notorious for incorrect MCC code issues. You will get this issue more often there. MCC code can be of Govt services for many. Also Emar is large real estate group there and many places have real estate MCCs (along with Govt MCC)

May be for Dubai specifically, it is advisable what drsel mentioned, but it is cumbersome

aj204~

TF Buzz
Is this really doable every time? Especially while checking out of the hotel?

Try fighting out with Axis by providing real invoices (like they asked). If they help great, otherwise you will have to let this go.

Dubai is notorious for incorrect MCC code issues. You will get this issue more often there. MCC code can be of Govt services for many. Also Emar is large real estate group there and many places have real estate MCCs (along with Govt MCC)

May be for Dubai specifically, it is advisable what drsel mentioned, but it is cumbersome
Sent an email to PNO now. Fingers crossed.

Which email address did you send the email to? Try sending an email to pno@axisbank.com attaching a bill or any proof that proves the transaction is for a hotel stay, and ask them to reverse the charges.
Done. Thanks for the email address

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This MCC issue will happen with every card, not just Axis... Only with HDFC there will be no rental charges if it is first rental payment of the month