• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Card overriding pre-approved offer

ontherocks

TF Premier
So I have a pre-approved offer of Altura+ in my savings account.
As per the eligible employer list and my existing cards with their limits, I am eligible for a higher variant LTF like for e.g. Vetta if applied via here https://www.technofino.in/community...-from-au-bank-lifetime-free-company-list.177/ or AU Swipe Up.
But AU Bank credit card employee mentioned that if there is a pre-approved offer in your savings account, AU will not allow getting any other card. As soon as you enter your details, AU's system will detect that you have a savings account and will detect the pre-approved credit card offer and will issue that card.
If I didn't have a savings account or didn't have a pre-approved credit card offer in my savings account I would have got Zenith/Vetta. Its like AU is punishing for having a savings account with them.
Anyone knows a way to override the pre-approved offer?

Last edited:
As per the eligible employer list and my existing cards with their limits, I am eligible for LTF Zenith if applied via here https://www.technofino.in/community...-from-au-bank-lifetime-free-company-list.177/ or AU Swipe Up.
But AU Bank credit card employee mentioned that if there is a pre-approved offer in your savings account, AU will not allow getting any other card. As soon as you enter your details, AU's system will detect that you have a savings account and will detect the pre-approved credit card offer and will issue that card.
If I didn't have a savings account or didn't have a pre-approved credit card offer in my savings account I would have got Zenith. Its like AU is punishing for having a savings account with them.
Anyways new Zenith is not issued now(from Sept I think). Now only paid Zenith+ is issued.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
As per the eligible employer list and my existing cards with their limits, I am eligible for a higher variant LTF like for e.g. Vetta if applied via here https://www.technofino.in/community...-from-au-bank-lifetime-free-company-list.177/ or AU Swipe Up.
If I didn't have a savings account or didn't have a pre-approved credit card offer in my savings account I would have got Zenith/Vetta. Its like AU is punishing for having a savings account with them.
Same is the case with Federal Bank. They don't ask for variant of your choice if you've pre approved offer. They'll issue pre approved card only.

And since there's no CIBIL hit, we usually end up getting lower limit than most of our cards.

deep@vie

TF Legend
There is no wayout. Wait for the pre-approved offer to go away or get updated to better card & limit.

ontherocks

TF Premier
There is no wayout. Wait for the pre-approved offer to go away or get updated to better card & limit.
The pre-approved offer is there for more than a year. I don't think it is ever going to go away.

This is how AU punishes their savings account holder
1. A person doesn't have any relation with AU, he directly applies via Swipe UP for e.g. and gets Vetta. Costs him one CIBIL hit and a few minutes of his life. AU doesn't bother him with anything.
2. A person is a faithful AU account holder. AU gives him shitty pre-approved card and on top of that with shitty limit. He is forced to take that card. The only option is upgrade initiation from customer's side. For that he has to first start a limit enhancement process by sending ITR/salary slips and what not. Then spends days/weeks/months back and forth fighting with AU's limit enhacement policies, red tape, process inefficiencies and lethargy and gets a limit enhacnement at their mercy. Costs him one CIBIL hit and tons of his time and mental peace. Next he applies for a card upgrade. Then spends days/weeks/months back and forth with AU's card upgrade policies, red tape, process inefficiencies and lethargy and, he gets a card upgrade at their mercy. Costs him another CIBIL hit and tons of his time and mental peace. Ultimately gets the card he wanted after a looooong time, which otherwise he would have got on day zero in a few clicks. Requires some genuis to architect this workflow.

deep@vie

TF Legend
The pre-approved offer is there for more than a year. I don't think it is ever going to go away.

This is how AU punishes their savings account holder
1. A person doesn't have any relation with AU, he directly applies via Swipe UP for e.g. and gets Vetta. Costs him one CIBIL hit and a few minutes of his life. AU doesn't bother him with anything.
2. A person is a faithful AU account holder. AU gives him shitty pre-approved card and on top of that with shitty limit. He is forced to take that card. The only option is upgrade initiation from customer's side. For that he has to first start a limit enhancement process by sending ITR/salary slips and what not. Then spends days/weeks/months back and forth fighting with AU's limit enhacement policies, red tape, process inefficiencies and lethargy and gets a limit enhacnement at their mercy. Costs him one CIBIL hit and tons of his time and mental peace. Next he applies for a card upgrade. Then spends days/weeks/months back and forth with AU's card upgrade policies, red tape, process inefficiencies and lethargy and, he gets a card upgrade at their mercy. Costs him another CIBIL hit and tons of his time and mental peace. Ultimately gets the card he wanted after a looooong time, which otherwise he would have got on day zero in a few clicks. Requires some genuis to architect this workflow.
One more thing that socks about AU is they generally don't issue cards to someone who closes their account.