• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas Atlas charging dcc mark up and gst on airline spends in INR

kapsshah42

TF Buzz
Atlas is charging DCC mark up and gst on airline transaction on their website in spite of payment being done in Inr. I got charged twice while booking for Klm and Lufthansa even for ex India flights.Is it an error or its normal?

drsel

TF Legend
Atlas is charging DCC mark up and gst on airline transaction on their website in spite of payment being done in Inr. I got charged twice while booking for Klm and Lufthansa even for ex India flights.Is it an error or its normal?
This is really shocking!
better not use it and use Magnus Burgundy on Traveledge instead

drsel

TF Legend
Don't choose Indian rupees for payment.
Always better to pay in the foreign currency when booking with any foreign airline or any foreign transaction, and avoid dynamic currency conversion charge

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
You must have selected Indian currency while paying as both websites are international hence you should always pay using their local currency.
Recently I made a payment in HKD with Cathay Pacific using my atlas , I was just charged forex markup no DCC.

kapsshah42

TF Buzz
There is no question of euros or any foreign currency as the flight ticket was issued in for India to India roundtrip flights and total cost was showing in INR.There was no question of euros or any currency for that matter and no option to select INR.It was in Inr from the beginning only.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 at 19.28.32.jpeg
had done this transaction on magnus in june via virgin atlantic website even though they showed me pounds and inr i choose pounds and then when transaction got settled only fcc and gst was levied
maybe because you did the transaction in inr and the settlement for the same was done in an overseas account that's why dcc might have been levied

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got charged DCC for payment in INR in GetYourGuide. I found this to be better than paying in local currency since the INR value matched or was lesser than local currency value (checked rate in google). DCC was 1% while Foreign markup fees is 2%.

nrj1007

TF Premier
Don't choose Indian rupees for payment.
Always better to pay in the foreign currency when booking with any foreign airline or any foreign transaction, and avoid dynamic currency conversion charge
The foreign markup charges are 3.5% + GST on Atlas. Hence not always is better to pay in foreign currency.
Best is to check both prices and calculate the markup and DCC charges respectively then decide.

For me I booked Etihad and INR was better deal even with DCC.

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In Europe the price in Indian rupees on the swipe machine is always 4% more than the price in euros
For POS, always local currency.

For online, in international websites like GetYourGuide or airlines websites, they allow you to see price in INR which is direct conversion without extra fees. INR payment makes sense in this case.

kapsshah42

TF Buzz
The discussion is heading toward foreign currency transaction.They question I have is will booking done on Airlines website for flights ex India and the fare showing in Inr (not selection option).It is showing in Inr from step 1 upto payment.Will these transactions be eligible for dcc and markup?