• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Applied for Magnus - offered Select card LTF

rajat30

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi, I have applied for the Axis Magnus on Saturday (got annoyed with reducing benefits on Regalia and HDFC's reluctance to upgrade to DCB/Infinia). The CC person today called me to inform that I am getting an add on LTF Axis Select along with the Magnus, is this something which is normal or I need to watch out for any red flags? What will the split on my limit look like for Magnus/Select? Can I manage the limits of the cards?
For context, I do not have any prior relationship with AXIS Bank, and fall above the minimum salary threshold required for Magnus. Just confused on why would they offer a second card LTF?
The application status ID I got on SMS still shows as Magnus processing - it's not approved yet. I want to be sure I do get Magnus, and anything additional is okay as long as no extra cost is associated with it I guess.

Thanks!

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi, I have applied for the Axis Magnus on Saturday (got annoyed with reducing benefits on Regalia and HDFC's reluctance to upgrade to DCB/Infinia). The CC person today called me to inform that I am getting an add on LTF Axis Select along with the Magnus, is this something which is normal or I need to watch out for any red flags? What will the split on my limit look like for Magnus/Select? Can I manage the limits of the cards?
For context, I do not have any prior relationship with AXIS Bank, and fall above the minimum salary threshold required for Magnus. Just confused on why would they offer a second card LTF?
The application status ID I got on SMS still shows as Magnus processing - it's not approved yet. I want to be sure I do get Magnus, and anything additional is okay as long as no extra cost is associated with it I guess.

Thanks!
Nah select ltf is offered for burgundy customer, something isn’t right there. Ask agent for the proof.

rajat30

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Nah select ltf is offered for burgundy customer, something isn’t right there. Ask agent for the proof.
Thanks a lot for sharing this. I thought so too as I haven't read this on this community earlier and elsewhere. The agent is coming to my place to confirm the details for this (take the fingerprint proof etc). I will request additional details for this.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Thanks!
The offline agent applied both Magnus and Select for me when i applied for Magnus online. These agents are tricky, at that time i did not know best and i just wanted to get it over with. Approved for both Magnus and Select and 2 cibil enquiries for the same and i did not activate Select CC but it got added in Cibil and now i'm fighting with Axis to remove that. So be careful :)

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
The offline agent applied both Magnus and Select for me when i applied for Magnus online. These agents are tricky, at that time i did not know best and i just wanted to get it over with. Approved for both Magnus and Select and 2 cibil enquiries for the same and i did not activate Select CC but it got added in Cibil and now i'm fighting with Axis to remove that. So be careful :)
Wait. They can apply without your approval? Don't they need an otp or some kind of authentication for that?

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wait. They can apply without your approval? Don't they need an otp or some kind of authentication for that?
Like i said i did not question much back then, he was talking about i won't be getting magnus so he can apply for another card. I was very much confused and just let it happen. He told me there wasn't any issues and i did not know much back then.

Even before that when i applied for axis airtel card, the offline rep came and applied twice saying an error in the app so i had to apply again. Later found out that, he made it like applied from his side rather than airtel app since airtel app did not get any updates and i was hit with 2 enquiries.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Like i said i did not question much back then, he was talking about i won't be getting magnus so he can apply for another card. I was very much confused and just let it happen. He told me there wasn't any issues and i did not know much back then.

Even before that when i applied for axis airtel card, the offline rep came and applied twice saying an error in the app so i had to apply again. Later found out that, he made it like applied from his side rather than airtel app since airtel app did not get any updates and i was hit with 2 enquiries.
Some of these reps are just nasty. I've only applied offline once for a BOB Premier card. Some random mess up happened and I was issued BOB easy with 25k limit. I had a relationship of 8 figures with them at the time.

rajat30

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Perfect, thanks for sharing this, really helps. I will push back infinitely until an update on Magnus is shared in that case, and only then entertain any additional requests from these agents.

rajat30

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Also, still waiting for a status update from Axis, stuck on application received step for Magnus, since last Saturday. Any idea on how much time it usually takes?

mvsaikrishna666

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Also, still waiting for a status update from Axis, stuck on application received step for Magnus, since last Saturday. Any idea on how much time it usually takes?
My Magnus application took 20 days to get approved. Once approved I received card within 2days.

I've applied offline through an agent at airport.

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
try tweeting it and send them a message on a twitter,
after being stuck on first step for 15 days, i tweeted and application moved to eligibility check, now its stuck there for 7 more days, seems like another tweet is pending.

rajat30

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Update: got approved on Friday, shipped, should reach me by tomorrow unless BlueDart delays.
Waiting to see the limit approved for me.

Additionally, no further communication on the Select card. I don't see any major benefits too, so will hold off taking it probably.

rajat30

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Got the Magnus with a 3.3L limit. I think they did not do a C2C and instead used payslips for the limit approval. In any case, I'll get it upgraded in 6 months. Hopefully HDFC limit also increases by then.
On Select, the agent again said I can apply, but this time, did not mention anything about LTF. They were probably expecting me to open an account (I could get Priority easily, even Burgundy maybe). But for now, I am not interested in that.
If anyone has any pointers on why having a Axis bank account can be beneficial, please lemme know, otherwise sticking to just the Magnus for now.
Thanks all!!

ALOAK

TF Ace
When I downgraded the flikart to rupay card they said flipkart will be closed and all.these days I was wondering why there are 3 cards showing in app. Then I decided to call up for magnus and they said I already have 3 cards and not eligible and then I had to explain what the previous agent had said and I too confirmed for cancellation of flipkart but idiots had kept it open and today I cancelled the flipkart I negotiated for c2c but they get declined for magnus then I said as new card even that they declined. I presume they will offer me when this card gets devalued completely then I will decline it.