• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC ....how to do 1500*4 transactions best way?

NAITIK14

TF Buzz
Hello
in Amex MRCC ,we have to complete 4 transactions of 1500 every month. 2 tr we can do to paytm wallet via uber route but how do you complete another 2 ?

devine_mortal

TF Premier
Am planning to move from mrcc to gold charge card ..what are options of fee waiver ?
I don't have huge spend on amex maximum i can spend 1lakh a year will waive my fees ? :p
Any benefit of gold over MRCC? The only difference I know is of trxc value for bonus points, i.e. 1000*6 for Gold I think?

Martius

TF Premier
They removed 2.5k.limit, they added 2.95% on wallet load and made wallet to bank transfer free.
Removed promo codes on add to money feature
Same here! I was able to load 1000x2 for my Amex gold and utilities it for Bbdaily orders and stuff! Now i guess I’ll just have to utilise 1000x6 for my prepaid electricity recharge every month which charges 11.8 rupee per 1000! Also Paytm earlier was showing 3.25% cashback in fuel wallet upto 300 for wallet load of 5000 and above but now it shows 1.25% only so even for Amex travel spend i need something else.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Umm.. no pressure for 20k spend? Its an optional spend dude. If you do it, you get 1000 more points. Atleast there an option. Gold doesn't have that option at all.
No no i mean acceptance is so poor now a days :( making 20K is difficult for me
Last year almost every month i was able to make genuinue spends and get 2000 MR

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Hain¿ Ek saal me acceptance kam ho gayi??
If yes then how even would you use your gold charge?

Aur gold charge ka annual fees me extra ₹3000-₹4500 Arnab Goswami bharega kya?

1695065064689.png
My experience ::
1-Amazon stopped insurance payments on credit card which i used pay using amazon pay balance + amex now even though i can buy voucher seems there are some restrictions and unable to use fully
2- Two of the known dining restaurants in my locality stooped accepting amex ..one openly said amex fees is high.
3-Vishal mart is not accepting amex since couple of months ,when ever i swipe i get a message on POS aquirer not found
4-I used to load 1500 + 1000 in mobikwik and some in freecharge wallet and use it for offline and online purchases now they are charging.
5-Even on paytm load i used to get 2-3% cashback which used to compensate the fees..now everything in fuel wallet.additionally 4000 INR load on zomato/uber was also patched
6-HDFC Ergo not accepting amex since FEB my health insurance is not for use.

Am not saying spenidng 150000 for annual fee waiver is difficult but making 1500*4 and ++ 20K per month seems bit difficult
Being from tier2 city acceptence is pretty low and more over for groceries am using other cards :(

Last edited: