• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC ....how to do 1500*4 transactions best way?

NAITIK14

TF Buzz
Hello
in Amex MRCC ,we have to complete 4 transactions of 1500 every month. 2 tr we can do to paytm wallet via uber route but how do you complete another 2 ?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
My experience ::
1-Amazon stopped insurance payments on credit card which i used pay using amazon pay balance + amex now even though i can buy voucher seems there are some restrictions and unable to use fully
2- Two of the known dining restaurants in my locality stooped accepting amex ..one openly said amex fees is high.
3-Vishal mart is not accepting amex since couple of months ,when ever i swipe i get a message on POS aquirer not found
4-I used to load 1500 + 1000 in mobikwik and some in freecharge wallet and use it for offline and online purchases now they are charging.
5-Even on paytm load i used to get 2-3% cashback which used to compensate the fees..now everything in fuel wallet.additionally 4000 INR load on zomato/uber was also patched
6-HDFC Ergo not accepting amex since FEB my health insurance is not for use.

Am not saying spenidng 150000 for annual fee waiver is difficult but making 1500*4 and ++ 20K per month seems bit difficult
Being from tier2 city acceptence is pretty low and more over for groceries am using other cards :(
Not much difference here in Kolkata also, similar experience. Good restaurants, shops and even clinics not accepting Amex.

pxg

TF Premier
I live in Mumbai so AmEx is accepted almost everywhere. I ask restaurants to split the bill into 1500 payments usually. I use it on type of restaurants (most of the good ones which don't need EazyDiner/Dineout anymore to attract customers) which don't have any online/card offers. 5% is still better than my Axis Ace's 2%.

Last edited:

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Mrcc isn't giving points on govt txns anymore? Till last month I used to get points for my NPS payments
Oh man, I started NPS from Amex from last month. I did 5k*4 to get both milestone + points.
I think these spends will still be counted for milestone so I can get 2k points atleast.

devine_mortal

TF Premier
Oh man, I started NPS from Amex from last month. I did 5k*4 to get both milestone + points.
I think these spends will still be counted for milestone so I can get 2k points atleast.
You can check in Amex app as the points are credited within a day or two of meeting criteria.

Mrcc isn't giving points on govt txns anymore? Till last month I used to get points for my NPS payments
Any official communication you got regarding this? Because I didn't.

Last edited:

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
nope, thats why im surprised! this months 1500*4 txns for NPS did not fetch anything, just the 1k extra points
ok that's strange.
Also I doubt, is this 1500*4 milestone per month or per statement cycle?
Ex. - My statement generates on 8th, so If I do (2* 1500) on 5 & (2 * 1500) on 10 (next statement), i would still be getting 1k bonus points for that month, right?

harsh1387

TF Ace
My experience ::
1-Amazon stopped insurance payments on credit card which i used pay using amazon pay balance + amex now even though i can buy voucher seems there are some restrictions and unable to use fully
2- Two of the known dining restaurants in my locality stooped accepting amex ..one openly said amex fees is high.
3-Vishal mart is not accepting amex since couple of months ,when ever i swipe i get a message on POS aquirer not found
4-I used to load 1500 + 1000 in mobikwik and some in freecharge wallet and use it for offline and online purchases now they are charging.
5-Even on paytm load i used to get 2-3% cashback which used to compensate the fees..now everything in fuel wallet.additionally 4000 INR load on zomato/uber was also patched
6-HDFC Ergo not accepting amex since FEB my health insurance is not for use.

Am not saying spenidng 150000 for annual fee waiver is difficult but making 1500*4 and ++ 20K per month seems bit difficult
Being from tier2 city acceptence is pretty low and more over for groceries am using other cards :(
Can we make LIC payment via Amazon pay balance in Amazon app?

I have to make 32500 lic payment. If it's possible then I am thinking of getting 20k Amazon gift card voucher from gyftr using MRCC card which will take care of 20k for this month.
Rest 12k gift card I will buy directly from Amazon by Amazon pay card.

Can we make LIC payment via Amazon pay balance in Amazon app?

I have to make 32500 lic payment. If it's possible then I am thinking of getting 20k Amazon gift card voucher from gyftr using MRCC card which will take care of 20k for this month.
Rest 12k gift card I will buy directly from Amazon by Amazon pay card.
Yes, one can make LIC payment via amazon pay upto 1 Lakh.
Tip : Buy 5000 X 4 APAY gift cards for your 20k giving 1000 extra bonus points if you have not done that.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Cant we load Paytm wallet with Amex CC and then use Paytm balance to pay other credit card bills? I know there is some charge for loading Paytm (2.65%), but isnt that compensated by the MR points accrued on the transfer + milestones? Any gotchas to look out for?

karanssh

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Cant we load Paytm wallet with Amex CC and then use Paytm balance to pay other credit card bills? I know there is some charge for loading Paytm (2.65%), but isnt that compensated by the MR points accrued on the transfer + milestones? Any gotchas to look out for?
theoretically you can just pay the amex bill using that but you can easily do apay vouchers or fuel txns to finish the milestone

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
theoretically you can just pay the amex bill using that but you can easily do apay vouchers or fuel txns to finish the milestone
I have a different card that would give better rewards on apay vouchers. Lets say I procure MRCC just for paying off other credit cards with this method.
Paytm Wallet Load: 2.65%-3.65%
MRCC rewards: ~5%
Profit: 2.35%-1.35%
Use HDFC DB to pay off AMEX: +1%

What am I missing here? Are there any limitations on CC payments or wallet loads in Paytm?

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a different card that would give better rewards on apay vouchers. Lets say I procure MRCC just for paying off other credit cards with this method.
Paytm Wallet Load: 2.65%-3.65%
MRCC rewards: ~5%
Profit: 2.35%-1.35%
Use HDFC DB to pay off AMEX: +1%

What am I missing here? Are there any limitations on CC payments or wallet loads in Paytm?
Hi can you tell which card you are referring to rich give better rewards on apay voucher?