• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Card Acceptance Thread

aashokk09

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I started this thread because Amex CS didn't say much about acceptance or any collaboration with POS providers. Only that their cards work with Pine Labs POS. So, I am testing their cards on every POS I can get my hands on
The acceptance of amex in offline POS is very poor in my city, i.e., Lucknow and even their HP petrol pumps don't accept these cards, Major and Fancy restraunt chains dont accept these cards. Now I am finding difficulties for online acceptibilities as well like on pharmeasy and insurance sites as well. quite disappointed with card acceptibility till date

anilkrsh

TF Premier
As of today 18/02/2023 Amex Card is accepted at every PineLabs and Paytm POS Machine .
Yes for paytm but I've come across touchscreen pinelab machines which didn't accept amex even at big stores. It was denied at lenskart showroom in a big mall in Bangalore even though they had pinelab. I asked them to try and show me and i got the acquirer not found error.

TheCardBuzz

TF Buzz
Hi, I also don't find any acceptance of AMEX at paytm POS machine, Tried it at various local stores and it didn't accept AMEX. Also For online stores also various portals don't accept AMEX like pharmeasy, CCAvenue, Billdesk all denied acceptance of AMEX. Only acceptance offline are on PINE LABS machine and HPCL petrol pumps.

roshancc

TF Premier
Hi, I also don't find any acceptance of AMEX at paytm POS machine, Tried it at various local stores and it didn't accept AMEX. Also For online stores also various portals don't accept AMEX like pharmeasy, CCAvenue, Billdesk all denied acceptance of AMEX. Only acceptance offline are on PINE LABS machine and HPCL petrol pumps.
Strange I have used it on All Paytm Touch Screen POS and Pine Labs Pos it went through flawlessly both Swipe and Tap .

shubham__0720

TF Select
The merchants usually disable it because Amex charges highest 2.5% on the payments .. credit cards charge nearing 1.2-1.5% while debit card charges varies from 0.5%-0.75%

My father holds a Amex MRCC card but every shop does not accept it .. but Franchise showrooms such as Allen solly,Vanhuesen etc. And many more accepts it without hassle.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
The merchants usually disable it because Amex charges highest 2.5% on the payments .. credit cards charge nearing 1.2-1.5% while debit card charges varies from 0.5%-0.75%

My father holds a Amex MRCC card but every shop does not accept it .. but Franchise showrooms such as Allen solly,Vanhuesen etc. And many more accepts it without hassle.
My father cancelled his Plat Travel and Reserve just because he can't swipe at many hotels and restaurants

Got Magnus and he's happy as f because of PP unlimited entry to premium lounges

vip3rc5

TF Premier
Amex is accepted widely at least in and around my workplace (Cyberhub, Gurgaon). Even my Diners card is refused but almost all the eateries and other shops accept Amex card. But yeah Acceptance is low in many places. PayTM POS Machine and HDFC Machine accept Amex as far as my experience. Also Axis Machines in some places accept Amex

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Amex is accepted widely at least in and around my workplace (Cyberhub, Gurgaon). Even my Diners card is refused but almost all the eateries and other shops accept Amex card. But yeah Acceptance is low in many places. PayTM POS Machine and HDFC Machine accept Amex as far as my experience. Also Axis Machines in some places accept Amex
That's like finding a needle in the haystack

asimkumar

TF Select
RML Group
Yes for paytm but I've come across touchscreen pinelab machines which didn't accept amex even at big stores. It was denied at lenskart showroom in a big mall in Bangalore even though they had pinelab. I asked them to try and show me and i got the acquirer not found error.
Same here. Nexa showroom had pinelabs pos which gave the same error ' acquirer not found error'. So disappointed.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Actually i have never seen any good amex offline offers except for Home Appliances via Brand Franchisee stores
Maybe pos is not configured with amex tid for the Amex card to be accepted on pos

Can I accept an AMEX card on my PoS?​

You require AMEX TID to process AMEX card transactions.