• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express MR Points To Marriott Bonvoy Points Transfer Offer - 30% Bonus MB Points

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
American Express and Marriott International are back with their bonus point transfer offer. Transfer your Amex Membership Reward Points to your Marriott Bonvoy account and get 30% bonus points.

Offer period: 16th November 2023 – 15th December 2023

A person holding below-mentioned card issued by American Express Banking Corp. in India is eligible for the offer:

o American Express CenturionCard
o American Express PlatinumCard
o American Express GoldCard
o American Express PlatinumReserveCreditCard
o American Express PlatinumTravelCreditCard
o American Express MembershipRewards CreditCard
o American Express Smart Earn Credit Card

Terms & Conditions Of The Offer:

• This program is being offered by Marriott Bonvoy only and shall be valid for the period mentioned in the offer. The offer in this program will be fulfilled at the Marriott Bonvoy’s end only.
  • A minimum of 100 Points have to be transferred in a single redemption transaction. Additionally, a maximum of 900,000 Points can be transferred per redemption transaction or in a calendar year.
  • Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points will be credited to the concerned Marriott Bonvoy membership ID (which is used for Membership Rewards points transfer) within 12 weeks from the offer end date.
  • In case of any query related to the offer, cardmembers can reach out to Marriott Bonvoy customer care at within 90 business days from the offer end date.
Full Terms & Conditions Copy:
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 9.10.18 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 9.10.52 AM.png
On the other hand, Amex US is offering a 20% bonus on MR point transfers made to Marriott Bonvoy. So, this time, it seems we are getting a better offer than in the USA. The earning rate here in India is much higher than in the US (if we consider the Indian Amex to Marriott transfer rate).
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 8.48.46 AM.png

Update: Just want to clarify one thing: you can transfer more than 9L Marriott Bonvoy Points and get a 30% bonus. I just transferred 100 MR Points again after transferring 9L MR points earlier and received a 30% bonus against the last transfer of 100 MR Points. So, just in case you want to transfer more than 9L MR Points, you can do that in parts. The maximum you can transfer is 9L MR points per transfer.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 8.52.53 PM.png

If you want to apply for Amex card, visit this thread to know more about their offerings, best Amex card, eligibility & more information: https://www.technofino.in/community...-you-all-amex-card-eligibility-criteria.2597/

Last edited:

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
American Express and Marriott International are back with their bonus point transfer offer. Transfer your Amex Membership Reward Points to your Marriott Bonvoy account and get 30% bonus points.

A person holding below-mentioned card issued by American Express Banking Corp. in India is eligible for the offer:

• This program is being offered by Marriott Bonvoy only and shall be valid for the period mentioned in the offer. The offer in this program will be fulfilled at the Marriott Bonvoy’s end only.
  • A minimum of 100 Points have to be transferred in a single redemption transaction. Additionally, a maximum of 900,000 Points can be transferred per redemption transaction or in a calendar year.
  • Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points will be credited to the concerned Marriott Bonvoy membership ID (which is used for Membership Rewards points transfer) within 12 weeks from the offer end date.
  • In case of any query related to the offer, cardmembers can reach out to Marriott Bonvoy customer care at within 90 business days from the offer end date.
On the other hand, Amex US is offering a 20% bonus on MR point transfers made to Marriott Bonvoy. So, this time, it seems we are getting a better offer than in the USA. The earning rate here in India is much higher than in the US (if we consider the Indian Amex to Marriott transfer rate).
Best time to offload the points especially if you have plans to move them further to any FFPs.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nice...thanks for sharing. I'm trying to understand, why do they come out with these bonus offers? How do they benefit from this? Will there be a devaluation shortly?

I guess the larger question is how loyalty programs make money.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

but even after the bonus transferring to any ffp att 3:1 would give you a rate of 0.43 while compared to a direct flight partner it would be 0.5

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just transferred 9L MR Points, and it was credited within a few seconds as usual. Surprisingly, the bonus points of 2.7L for this transfer were credited instantly.

Screenshot_20231116_102934_Samsung Internet.jpg
Is the offer eligible for everyone or only for who got the mail??

While trying to redeem, it's just displaying 100MR=100MB for me. (I hold both Gold Charge and Plat Travel)

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is my new MB account and transferred for first time. Transferred 100 points. Amex says it is complete but MB doesn't show the credited points. What am i missing here?
In odd cases there may be a slight delay.
48 hours as per tnc.

Hope your first and last names are same in both accounts?

Couple of years ago I missed out, with the names being different.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Where can I see all the transfer partners of MB? I've some 30k MR points, but I don't prefer staying in such luxury hotels.
Also, this offer is for everyone right? Because I didn't receive any mail for the same