• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Acko Health Insurance - Unlimited cover with no waiting period!

karankayastha

TF Premier
Update:

I have selected this for my (senior citizen) parents. Insurance cover with start after the medical tests (lab) and tele-consultation by a panel of Doctors.

I didn't find any catch yet and appears 'revolutionary'!
what is the premium for senior citizens?

krishc

TF Ace
Update:

I have selected this for my (senior citizen) parents. Insurance cover with start after the medical tests (lab) and tele-consultation by a panel of Doctors.

I didn't find any catch yet and appears 'revolutionary'!
how did you get it for your parents, I'm only getting option of self, spouse and child ?

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I think the important point is how the premium increases with each slab and till what age can it be renewed

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Doesn’t Acko have a terrible reputation when settling claims for Auto loans? (Can be wrong not sure)

I am looking to get my health insurance too and just came across this offering and would like to get to the bottom of it before I finalising anything.

shashifed

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It is showing me unable to serve message even for a 22 year old me ( I have no pre-existing diseases) Is it the case for everyone? Has anyone here availed unlimited cover?

adi654

TF Buzz
I have recently buyed the policy and the experience was like first paid the amount and then followed by telemedicals followed by next day policy issuance.
Premium was 9700Rs for 50 lakh sum insured.(27 yrs age).
And no waiting period for anything ...

The issue policy as well as ecard .

krishc

TF Ace
Acko was most competitive in case of senior citizens

Reliance refused policy for my senior citizen parents
If I put my parents up for acko and I handle all the payments related stuff etc is that something they are ok with ?
I've heard some insurers being fussy about retired senior citizens paying and doing things on their own.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have positive experience during claim till now with national insurance and so not taking the risk.
Only health insurance is sector where I prefer sarkaari over pvt anyday.

rajgopalsinghal

TF Premier
My mother-in-law's cancer treatment was covered in the first year itself under pre-existing condition as part of group insurance. That was not from Acko.

I had started this thread after Acko confirmed that there is no waiting period.
Group insurance does cover pre-existing diseases.

As this thread is specific to Acko so I put down information regarding same that, certain pre-existing diseases are covered. NOT ALL

Just a caveat, I was looking at the cashless hospital coverage in Mumbai. Really poor coverage. all the top hospitals dont seem to be there in the list. Alternately, very decent cover in NCR. So please check the exact location and the hospitals in the network