• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Acko Health Insurance - Unlimited cover with no waiting period!

Gohio

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Anybody here has made a successful claim with Acko? I would love to hear about the experience.
My biggest concern with their plan is that they might drastically increase premium amount in the future if their underwriting team fails to make the current pricing work.

RajeshV

TF Premier
Anybody here has made a successful claim with Acko? I would love to hear about the experience.
My biggest concern with their plan is that they might drastically increase premium amount in the future if their underwriting team fails to make the current pricing work.
I believe any increase in premium needs to be approved by IRDAI, so you should be safe on that front. I had been debating switching over from my reliable HDFC ERGO policy, but still on the fence. Hoping for some answers.

Ank!t

TF Buzz
I believe any increase in premium needs to be approved by IRDAI, so you should be safe on that front. I had been debating switching over from my reliable HDFC ERGO policy, but still on the fence. Hoping for some answers.
Same for me. I'm also looking for change as HDFC ERGO has increased premium rate 15-20% from Apr-23 onwards.

Nemesis

TF Premier
Acko is refusing to entertain cashless claim for my mother in law. We filed for cashless claim on 21st September 2023. Today we have recieved denial of cashless claim stating a clause saying that insufficient information. What to do here?
Ask for what insufficient info... Retry then only go irdai

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ask for what insufficient info... Retry then only go irdai
So here is the whole story:

1) mother in law had an issue with vision in one eye

2) doctor recommended to get an injection in lv Prasad bhubaneswar

3) we checked with acko and the treatment was covered

4) we raised cashless Authorization claim on 21st sept. As the procedure was scheduled on 23rd sept.

5) we followed up with acko regarding the approval and till 23rd morning we were told that it will be approved within 1 hour. Believing then my mother in law went to hospital. Since I was worried, I raised it on Twitter.

6) while my mother in law is in hospital, acko calls and says that they need to verify something and they send an agent to check my mother in law credentials and reports.

7) their agent visits my mother in law and sees the reports etc

8) after another hour, an acko doctor calls and says that they cannot provide cashless facility citing some insurance clause and says that we can only go for reimbursement for the same. She says that there is not enough information for providing cashless claim. And getting the information will take 10-15 days as such they cannot provide cashless.

9) all this while my mother in law is in the hospital. Again we get another call from acko customer support and they repeat the same. I am pissed and I yell at them that I will be raising this with irdai. They say fine go ahead. I raise a ticket with irdai.

10) finally my mother in law undergoes the treatment after 6 hours of reaching hospital and we will file for reimbursement

11) I have to deal with snide comments by my wife and brother in law that I got acko insurance for my mother in law based on what I read in techofino

Last edited:

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So here is the whole story:

1) mother in law had an issue with vision in one eye

2) doctor recommended to get an injection in lv Prasad bhubaneswar

3) we checked with acko and the treatment was covered

4) we raised cashless Authorization claim on 21st sept. As the procedure was scheduled on 23rd sept.

5) we followed up with acko regarding the approval and till 23rd morning we were told that it will be approved within 1 hour. Believing then my mother in law went to hospital. Since I was worried, I raised it on Twitter.

6) while my mother in law is in hospital, acko calls and says that they need to verify something and they send an agent to check my mother in law credentials and reports.

7) their agent visits my mother in law and sees the reports etc

8) after another hour, an acko doctor calls and says that they cannot provide cashless facility citing some insurance clause and says that we can only go for reimbursement for the same. She says that there is not enough information for providing cashless claim. And getting the information will take 10-15 days as such they cannot provide cashless.

9) all this while my mother in law is in the hospital. Again we get another call from acko customer support and they repeat the same. I am pissed and I yell at them that I will be raising this with irdai. They say fine go ahead. I raise a ticket with irdai.

10) finally my mother in law undergoes the treatment after 6 hours of reaching hospital and we will file for reimbursement

11) I have to deal with snide comments by my wife and brother in law that I got acko insurance for my mother in law based on what I read in techofino
Thanks, i was about to port, i wont do it now will still continue with niva bupa

redcarpet

TF Premier
you should disclose anything they can detect by running a simple test
but no need to disclose anything that cannot be detected by running simple tests
your fainting experience and similar stuff they can't detect by any test, so no need to disclose these things
Insurance companies check all of doctors' notes too, if by chance he had to mention fainting and doctor wrote it down, theres a chance these companies could deny claims. With insurance companies, u can never take any chance

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Star health and niva bupa are best. Hdfc and icici on a little costlier side.

Check wvich hoapitals you are most probably going to use the insurance with. If thats included go wifh those insurance companies

krishc

TF Ace
Insurance companies check all of doctors' notes too, if by chance he had to mention fainting and doctor wrote it down, theres a chance these companies could deny claims. With insurance companies, u can never take any chance
what doctor's notes you mean ?
I'm not obliged to share all my prescriptions from past unless those linked to any disease I'm specifically declaring, even there you may not have 100% them stored orderly, it's possible to miss a few.

pride1760

TF Buzz
Star health and niva bupa are best. Hdfc and icici on a little costlier side.

Check wvich hoapitals you are most probably going to use the insurance with. If thats included go wifh those insurance companies

Lot of complaints against Star health

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Lot of complaints against Star health

Dr Navneet Kalra on YouTube is also running mass movement against Insurance Companies in general but mainly Star Health.

IMO, he is right that we shouldn't even go for Insurance and all. It's better to invest in stock market or mutual funds and withdraw the money in need, Insurance Companies are anyway not going to help in need.

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dr Navneet Kalra on YouTube is also running mass movement against Insurance Companies in general but mainly Star Health.

IMO, he is right that we shouldn't even go for Insurance and all. It's better to invest in stock market or mutual funds and withdraw the money in need, Insurance Companies are anyway not going to help in need.
But we can show medical insurance premium paid under 80 d

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Not taking health insurance will result in a blunder mistake if you incurr a huge hospital cost. Not a good idea 💡

I agree regulations need to be more strict but that cant be a reson for not taking insurance