• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Acko Health Insurance - Unlimited cover with no waiting period!

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Just a caveat, I was looking at the cashless hospital coverage in Mumbai. Really poor coverage. all the top hospitals dont seem to be there in the list. Alternately, very decent cover in NCR. So please check the exact location and the hospitals in the network
Yeah even I saw that they don't cover a lot of hospitals in Mumbai but still they cover very good amount of hospitals in Delhi. But still they'll keep increasing the number of hospitals in future.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
I opted for unlimited plan for my parents. They charged 35k in total including taxes. There was a minor pre existing disease related to cervical. After submitting the documents, they rejected the policy and refunded the amount back.

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
From company i had cover of 5 Lacs for myself and mother. However i went ahead and bought up to 1cr insurance for myself for 2.5k which is really good price. Note : This amount kicks in when 5L from company runs out.
Within Company the add-on is crazy just for another 5 L they ask 15k premium. Acko in Bangalore they cover almost 80% of it.

Planning to get the same for my mother as well.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Icici lombard health insurance for icici customers premium is even less than acko. Contact with your branch as it is not available online. Check out the premium below

Attachments

• Health 360 PPT 6 Dec 2022.pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 279

krishc

TF Ace
From company i had cover of 5 Lacs for myself and mother. However i went ahead and bought up to 1cr insurance for myself for 2.5k which is really good price. Note : This amount kicks in when 5L from company runs out.
Within Company the add-on is crazy just for another 5 L they ask 15k premium. Acko in Bangalore they cover almost 80% of it.

Planning to get the same for my mother as well.
From where did you get this super top-up plan?
can you please share the links & tnc if possible?

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
my person experience with hdfc was seamless. Companies' icici policy was very diffulct to process as their backend system of ICICI seems broken and bad customercare which took 1 month to process 14k claim vs HDFC 1.5 lac claim in just 40 min.

Acko is a new comer. I wonder if it safe to rely on it for actual health emergencies.

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
From where did you get this super top-up plan?
can you please share the links & tnc if possible?
When you login to acko, go to health - then you would see couple of options. Select the Top-up existing coverage and rest is self explanatory. You can request a call from them, they will explain very detailed.

Attachments

• IMG_3578.jpg
    IMG_3578.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 35

krishc

TF Ace
When you login to acko, go to health - then you would see couple of options. Select the Top-up existing coverage and rest is self explanatory. You can request a call from them, they will explain very detailed.
great, I was looking for this only
better to top-up company group insurance than buy a whole new one

what I wanted to understand is, can we renew this acko health insurance policy for life, its not like they cancel the policy in the middle or after 70 years of age, policy will become useless

tharun

TF Premier
I had a detailed discussion with them, and looks like there is no catch , it actually unlimited and no waiting period, for exiting diseases they will have a telemedical consultations , if required even some basic medical checkup and then they will analyze and add some loadings but once policy is given there will be no waiting period on pre-existing diseases also . And it is actually unlimited there is no cap on that , same illness for the same year is also given .

Only maternity , opd , plastic/cosmetic/gender change surgeries are not allowed
What about Rinoplasty (nose septum surgery) and lasik or SMILE (for eye) both are elective surgery only

krishc

TF Ace
a question to the health insurance connoisseurs here
Do I still need a separate cancer cover if I've got a healthy super top-up plan ?

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any policy document with terms and conditions available? Or if someone have brought the policy can they share the pdf pls after removing top 3-4 page which would contain your personal info

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Icici lombard has better rates than acko

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-04-16-19-30-20_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-04-16-19-30-20_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 94